Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3028354 times)

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03c)
« Reply #1700 on: 2015-06-29 13:40:05 »
Another dialogue related question. East Junon Weapon Shop jun_w
The machine’s been actin’ up
  ever since that Weapon got to it!
which machine? weapon damaged it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 2015-06-29 13:51:32 »
He's on about the thing that makes a noise as you enter his shop.  It makes a completely stupid sound after the Weapon raid.  Perhaps that noise is missing from 1998 PC version from bug?  or?

The sentence makes sense in that context and is something someone might say.  In fact, they'd probably just say "That's been acting up" . but adding machine (as the Japanese does) makes it a bit less ambiguous.

Weapon didn't literally attack it, but the raid damaged it in some way, or it simply failed at the same time and he's blaming weapon.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-29 13:53:29 by DLPB »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1702 on: 2015-06-29 13:56:35 »
Oh, my bad, i completely missed that. Thanks!

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1703 on: 2015-06-29 14:10:18 »
And... sorry for double posting but what about the one in junpb_3 saying "Wakame! Wakame!"?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 2015-06-29 14:14:43 »
And... sorry for double posting but what about the one in junpb_3 saying "Wakame! Wakame!"?

Hahaha, yeah... that one is so fun.  Basically he's pissed out of his head and hungry (or he is just pissed (drunk) and saying it!).  I left in the dish even though it's lost on a Western audience because he's drunk and I think it's funny.  Plus he is referring to specific dish :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakame

I guess it could be "sea mustard" according to wiki (or just come up with a new dish), but I think Wakame works given  he is drunk anyway.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-29 20:44:03 by DLPB »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1705 on: 2015-06-29 14:17:17 »
Ahah, nice then! I'll leave it like that as well.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1706 on: 2015-06-30 19:32:19 »
Aerith on Cargo Ship
But I really want to ride on it,
  even if it’s just the once
Shouldn't it be "just once"?
Never mind that, i was wrong.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-30 19:37:24 by Caledor »

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 2015-07-01 00:24:22 »
Not to mention "Seaweed...seaweed" makes zero sense in English anyway. I suppose if you wanted to localize it it'd be "Peanuts" or something.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 2015-07-01 08:24:17 »
Even then it wouldn't make any sense.  I think it would have to be obvious like "Food!  Food!"  or something equally as obvious.

Ajnz21

• View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 2015-07-01 09:59:41 »
Hey Guys.

I may have come across a bug with the 60fps battles. What happens is the battle will start normally but as soon as the camera stops moving the screen will go black(See image). The battle music will still play as it would normally and I can still navigate the menu, just nothing will happen when I tell my party members what to do.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94667914/FF7_EN%202015-07-01%2021-45-32-89.png

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: 2015-07-01 11:11:11 »
That doesn't happen for me. Have you got other mods added etc.?  Also, your resolution is wrong - your screen is stretched. Use 960*720 or 1280 * 960.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-01 11:20:44 by DLPB »

Ajnz21

• View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2015-07-01 12:34:35 »
Only Mods I have are from Reunion, I am playing the steam version. Maybe it could be my resolution causing this? I am currently playing @ 1680*1050(All options unchecked except for full screen).
Also only happens when I have the 60fps mod activated. I took that screen shot after completing Mt Nibel. I then cut & paste the 60fps.txt file to a different folder so that it didn't activate and so far I haven't experienced this bug(I am now at City of the Ancients). I checked the hextlaunch.log and there are no errors. I hope we can figure this out haha I quite like your 60fps mod, with out it the battles feel sluggish.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-01 12:37:57 by Ajnz21 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2015-07-01 15:22:52 »
I'm not sure why it would be the case to happen to you.  Try a different resolution (like 1280 *960) and see what happens.

Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2015-07-02 01:34:56 »
@DLPB

I was wondering what would be needed for the menu overhaul to work with the steam version. I'm aware I could use the game converter to turn it back into the original release but I would rather not sacrifice some of the steam features (lolzy cloud syncing, achievements, etc).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2015-07-02 01:45:24 »
It can't be done. You'd have to add it to Steam using assembly editing which plainly won't happen.

Ajnz21

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2015-07-02 02:10:49 »
Ok, this might be my issue, but I have no idea what is causing it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94667914/Screenshot%202015-07-02%2014.06.21.png

I tried reinstalling, multiple times now. I have tried reinstalling steam. I have tried reinstalling graphics drivers.  I'm well and truly lost now.....

Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 2015-07-02 02:11:30 »
It can't be done. You'd have to add it to Steam using assembly editing which plainly won't happen.

That is unfortunate but thanks for the quick reply. :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 2015-07-02 11:13:11 »
In the flevel.lgp after the reunion patch is probably a needless file:

Quote from: Iros
Now I have looked at it, that LGP file is a bit weird. It contains two files inside it that are the 'same' name, except for upper/lowercase: one file is called "Ancnt1" and the other is called "ancnt1".

It is not obvious to me what the point of this is. FF7 will certainly only use one of these. Perhaps the Reunion patch has a problem?

stormstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2015-07-04 11:18:09 »
Hi there, I've been a longtime lurker on these forums. Almost every time I replay I've used the mods here to improve the game. I downloaded and installed 7th Heaven and while it is really cool, after reading about Beacause I had to play it.

I just want to say thank you for the dedication and effort you've put into this, and every fans effort that led to this being realized.

I was wondering if you would consider a small install notes in the first post like:

1. Install game(maximum install for 1998 version).
   2a.(1998) Extract official 1.02 patch into install folder.      [Does the steam/2012 version need this?]
   2b.(Steam) Run the game converter for full mod compatibility.(Some mods do not require this, read descriptions)
   2c.(2012) Run the game converter for compatibility.(Reunion will not work at all with this natively)
3. Extract ff7_opengl-0.8.1b into install folder.
4. Run The Reunion installer.
5. Launch the game from the FF7+.exe and enjoy.

I was wondering if I just drop the FMV's into the data\movies folder(Maybe that should be step 5. Create a movies folder inside of data in your FF7 install folder and paste in the retranslated FMV's). Maybe a suggestion for a higher quality FMV pack as well, I'm planning on using cmh175's, unless you recommend something else. This could also solve the issue's of using different video's from different versions and getting different results.

Also Aali's driver is not easy to locate, its only available through a reup on one of the last pages of his thread for it, do you think he would be against you having a link to download it in your thread?

Last but not least I'll try to post anything I come across, this game is so close to being perfected and I'd love to help iron out anything left.

1. Chocobo&Moguri has the original BOOM!!! graphic in it, I'm pretty sure I've seen a HQ version in one of my playthroughs, most likely in a bootleg mod, could you add that in easily?
2. Bugenhagen says to grab 1 other person for his planetarium machine even though you can bring 2, I'm guessing this isnt a translation error, probably wrong in the japanese game too.

I'll continue to play and post anything else, again, thank you for your efforts, I cant wait to see what R4 with the original menu looks like. I like the ff9 style battle menu for the most part, except for the spell stacking, it takes much longer to select spells when they're listed in a single column instead of how the original did it, which was 3 spells wide. I'm not sure you plan on keeping the Menu Overhaul up to date, if you do decide to make it its own project again maybe you could widen the spell window to take advantage of how well theyre listed in the main menu.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2015-07-04 11:25:44 »

I was wondering if you would consider a small install notes in the first post like:

I don't like the first post being bogged down too much, but when I release R04, I'll update it and try to make things clearer.

I was wondering if I just drop the FMV's into the data\movies folder(Maybe that should be step 5. Create a movies folder inside of data in your FF7 install folder and paste in the retranslated FMV's). Maybe a suggestion for a higher quality FMV pack as well, I'm planning on using cmh175's, unless you recommend something else. This could also solve the issue's of using different video's from different versions and getting different results.

The higher quality FMV project is on my to-do list.  You just copy paste the FMV into the movie folder.

Also Aali's driver is not easy to locate, its only available through a reup on one of the last pages of his thread for it, do you think he would be against you having a link to download it in your thread?

I can't start uploading his driver on my own page.  It's up to him to sort his driver download.

1. Chocobo&Moguri has the original BOOM!!! graphic in it, I'm pretty sure I've seen a HQ version in one of my playthroughs, most likely in a bootleg mod, could you add that in easily?

I'm moving away from the new Menu Overhaul as of R04.  So that will be the last revision with updated graphics.  The new MO will be separate and discontinued.
2. Bugenhagen says to grab 1 other person for his planetarium machine even though you can bring 2, I'm guessing this isnt a translation error, probably wrong in the japanese game too

I'll check this out.  It could be that he says "one other" because Red XIII stays back with him.  So you need to replace Red XIII with a new member.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2015-07-04 11:58:56 »
Hi, I have seen a mistake, I think.

Field: losinn

---TEXT035---
{CLOUD}
“I'm not making it up.”
{NEW PAGE}
“I really can feel their
  presence,deep down
  inside of me.”

It should not "their presences"? I guess is plural, Aerith and Sephiroth.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 2015-07-04 12:14:15 »
No, that wouldn't be good grammar / flow.  The sentence works as is.  The "Their" part makes it plural.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-04 12:16:37 by DLPB »

stormstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2015-07-04 13:14:10 »

I'm moving away from the new Menu Overhaul as of R04.  So that will be the last revision with updated graphics.  The new MO will be separate and discontinued..

I'll check this out.  It could be that he says "one other" because Red XIII stays back with him.  So you need to replace Red XIII with a new member.

I was talking about the Chocobo & Moguri summon, sorry if that was unclear. I'm not sure if its just the image that flashes on screen that was remade or the whole summon, but theres an upgraded version out there that I feel would fit in well with the original game like all the other models you've chosen.

I don't think he needs to show Nanaki the machine, im sure he's seen it before. Plus Nanaki's walking out of the room as Bugen is talking to you and isnt in your party afterwards.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2015-07-04 13:23:27 »
The thing is... if I update that, it stands out like a sore thumb against all the rest.  And if you then update all summons, they are out of place with the battle, and then you're right back to the same issue of updating the entire game.  You can add that mod separately if you want, of course :)

In other news, I'm renaming "Chocobo and Moguri" Summon to "Chocobo".  The former is too long and clunky.

stormstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2015-07-04 14:12:17 »
Yea I've found which mod(Avalanche Hi Res) has the .png in it and I think im gonna cut the resolution down a few notches so it doesnt look like 1080p in a miniHD 480p format and just replace the graphic, not the whole summon. The original just looks to jaggedy edged its one of the few things that stands out that remind me of the whole "They were just doing what they could with what they had while they were learning to make 3D games and make them fit on CD's"

I'll take a crack at getting it ig later, I think i need to convert it to .tex before I can add it to the LGP, unless with Aali's driver I can just put it somewhere in your reunion mod folder like I did with the minimum character portraits.