Author Topic: Who's excited to mod FFXV?  (Read 8485 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Who's excited to mod FFXV?
« on: 2018-02-18 15:02:33 »
Who else is excited to checkout the modding tools for FFXV? I think it's great that SE has been moving their games onto PC more and more, and is even releasing modding tools for FFXV. The possibilities are pretty huge with official tools. Maybe not quite to the point of Fallout and Skyrim, but that may just depend on us. More importantly, I'm just anxious to play with the modding tools so I can learn more about the Luminous Engine. They dropped it for Kingdom Hearts for UE4, which they began with immediately for FF7R, but hopefully that's just so the engine team can better refine their tools for future projects. Maybe the modding tools with the updated PC version of 15 were seen as an exercise to overcome the shortcomings of the engine during development.

https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-15-teases-mod-possibilities-with-civilian-cactuars/

« Last Edit: 2018-02-18 15:07:24 by cmh175 »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited to mod FFXV?
« Reply #1 on: 2018-02-18 15:21:57 »
Yeah, XV is going to be extremely easy to mod due to the fact on how's it built. It has visual scripting, node based properties and you can freely edit the levels as they are just as in every other game engine. Cameras, actions are also not hardcoded, so everything is grabbed directly from files. That means a dedicated modder may be able to easily total convert the game to completely different genre. Unfortunately, file structures are ZLIB'bed + custom structure based on nodes, so we would need official modding tools for that.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-02-18 22:40:34 »
My GPU am cry. I'll have to hold off on this game until nvidia releases their next round of cards, seems like a bad time to upgrade.

The modding was a super cool move by SE

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-23 21:51:07 »
Do you believe that a 1080Ti is a bad option too Knife? And who can even afford a Titan... pfff

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-02-24 12:32:34 »
Do you believe that a 1080Ti is a bad option too Knife? And who can even afford a Titan... pfff

I have 2 * 1080ti's, should do the trick in SLI for 4K uiltra, but I doubt one TI will be enough power to handle the game at this resolution
No problem indeed for 1080p of course

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2018-02-25 12:02:00 »
If SE can fix the rendering issues found presently within the benchmark, then there may be hope for steady 4k gameplay, or at the very least, 1440p.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/3224-ffxv-disingenuous-misleading-benchmark-tool-gameworks-tests

Do we know if FFXV will support SLI?

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-02-28 01:39:36 »
Yeah, XV is going to be extremely easy to mod due to the fact on how's it built. It has visual scripting, node based properties and you can freely edit the levels as they are just as in every other game engine. Cameras, actions are also not hardcoded, so everything is grabbed directly from files. That means a dedicated modder may be able to easily total convert the game to completely different genre. Unfortunately, file structures are ZLIB'bed + custom structure based on nodes, so we would need official modding tools for that.

I'm not sure if i agree.

Reverse engineering all the formats required will take some time.

I don't doubt its possible,, but other engines have had visual scripting for years and thats still not been hacked at any point, unreal being the perfect example of this.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-27 07:54:08 by DanTsukasa »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #7 on: 2018-02-28 01:51:19 »
I'm not sure if i agree.

And sure the engine had visual scripting and node based properties, but so does unreal and unity, and whilst various mods are available, the scripting and node based stuff still just gets compiled into solid code in the end, its only node based and visual in the editor, that isn't shipped with the game.

I don't doubt its possible,, but other engines have had visual scripting for years and thats still not been hacked at any point, unreal being the perfect example of this.

They expressly state that the game will be designed to be moddable - and the Cactuar demo was released by the studio itself... so I think certain elements will be easily moddable, others not so much.

Topher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-03-01 06:22:59 »
I'm not sure if i agree.

And sure the engine had visual scripting and node based properties, but so does unreal and unity, and whilst various mods are available, the scripting and node based stuff still just gets compiled into solid code in the end, its only node based and visual in the editor, that isn't shipped with the game.

The game will come with modding tools, as confirmed by developers. Whether they are available at release is currently unknown, but they will definitely be coming. The visual scripting is a part of the modding tools.

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-modding-tools/

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-03-02 16:23:39 »
Pretty much, yeah. The top end of the next gen should be able to do the job on a single card

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #10 on: 2018-03-02 20:14:03 »
I was able to get a steady 30 fps in the benchmark at 4k with an i7 7700k and gtx 1080. With Normal or Low graphic settings it would peak around 45fps or so, but games can be choppy at the range between 31-59 fps. There wasn't a big difference in performance between graphical settings, so setting it to High and locking the frame rate at 30 worked pretty well. The full release is supposed to have a lot of configurable settings too, so it's possible to tweak and push the game to 60. Personally unless it's really noticeable, I'd prefer 4k 30fps instead of 1080 60fps. Unless it's fast paced like Titanfall and Destiny 2 (though bad examples, bc those games do play 4k 60fps lol).