Author Topic: Pocket PC/Palm Pilot  (Read 3050 times)

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
Pocket PC/Palm Pilot
« on: 2006-11-11 20:22:15 »
Hey all,

I've been wanting to get a PDA for a while, and Christmas is the perfect time. All I'm wondering is, what do you have and/or recommend? Should I even get one? I've taken a look at this iPAQ from HP, and it looks pretty functional, but I also saw some Treo cell phones at the store and was wondering if anyone has tinkered around with those as well (I'm not sure if I want a chunky PC cell phone, but still...).

I was additionally looking at Dell Axims (such as this one), but I havn't ever been a big Dell fan.

I kind of want to be able to play music and videos, and have some sort of Outlook organization program, but as for games, I'm not sure what's available, or rather, what I should be looking for  :|.

Well, that about sums up my research, hope I'll get a few recommendations,

RPGillespie

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket PC/Palm Pilot
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-11 20:47:18 »
Well, i personally have an Acer N30 (pocket PC) which is great, very compatible with windows XP offcourse.
I think Pocket PC's are better then Palm's or anything like those.

As for getting a cell phone with pocket pc on it, it's kinda useless because the Phone mode of the aparatus really uses up a lot of system recourses on it.

(try running a game on a pocket pc without celluar phone option and on one with the option, you'll notice the difference)

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #2 on: 2006-11-11 21:44:48 »
Ah, nice, it looks pretty cool, I'll check it out.
It can't connect to the internet though, correct?
[Edit] Ah, it seems as though the Acer n50 does have wi-fi capabilities, which is good. Is this a UK product or something? I mean, I can't seem to find one being sold in dollars (save ebay), and most all of them are sold in GBP... [/Edit]

Yeah, and I kinda ruled out the cell phone/PDA - "Treo," I'm just going to get a regular cell phone with cheap service instead.
« Last Edit: 2006-11-11 21:49:30 by RPGillespie »

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-11-12 00:40:22 »
Well it has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
And dunno about where being sold though, i just got it at a local store.