Author Topic: Team Avalanche uninstall?  (Read 3868 times)

Nezdude87

• View Profile
Team Avalanche uninstall?
« on: 2010-07-16 13:28:13 »
I have the low-res version, but want to switch to the high-res version. Simple question: Do I have to do a clean install to switch them out? My current version was installed all at once with the installer, so I don't know what files were modified.

May seem like a stupid question, but if it's possible to do this without a clean install of FF7 after all the mods I have, it'd be rather nice.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Team Avalanche uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-16 14:14:31 »
No, just run the Highres installer over the original installation. all the needed files will be overwritten

Nezdude87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-16 15:04:34 »
I see a "NSIS" uninstaller, but I was wary to use that. Just for future reference, is that the Avalanche uninstaller?

And yes, what you said worked, Hellbringer616. I figured it would, but I was just being cautious.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-16 15:07:45 »
I see a "NSIS" uninstaller, but I was wary to use that. Just for future reference, is that the Avalanche uninstaller?

And yes, what you said worked, Hellbringer616. I figured it would, but I was just being cautious.

The installer does create an uninstaller, but I had never tested it. I would be wary of using it given the fact that I don't even know exactly what it does.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-16 15:53:18 »
I've used the uninstaller once and it seemed to work.  I can't quite remember if it removed all the texture files or just change back where the textures are called from and it might not work with the latest installation but as said before the installers can be used on top of each other.