Author Topic: Hexa-decoding  (Read 2591 times)

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
Hexa-decoding
« on: 2010-09-01 15:45:55 »
Hi everyone !
 I need some help because I'm not a programmer. I know how to Edit files in hexadecimal editor. But I don't know how to decode this file. I'm on the mysterious **AB file in FFVII !

I know that : in the 1st line, there is she Shadow information for the battle model and between byte 00000000 and 00000120 are information about some animation.

To link with my first topic, I'm trying to get an enemy with cloud battle model without swap any file with enemy model file. So I need to know WHY my ATB is frozen when I use my cloud battle model. If someone can help me or know anything, because I'm on this problem for 2 or 3 weeks ago !  :-\

thanks !

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Hexa-decoding
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-01 16:51:33 »
Akari has some info on animation scripts (what the AB files are). Basically there's a bunch of header stuff before opcodes that require a certain number of parameters following them. I don't have the link to his info, but he usually lurks around every now and then. Send him a PM if you're wanting to know more.

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
Re: Hexa-decoding
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-02 19:49:49 »
Hey !

I don't have decode all the file but I discovered this :

in all **ab file, we can find this sort of sequence : 00 00 XX YY 00 00 X2X2 Y2Y2 00 00 X3 X3 Y3 Y3 ext...

I know XX is the animation who is called by the file at this moment.

The first is the first animation (when the character don't move) the 2Nd is when the character is hit ext...