Author Topic: Neo Cloud  (Read 12412 times)

apz freak

• View Profile
Neo Cloud
« on: 2010-11-03 21:59:10 »
Check this out:

You won't find this anywhere on the internet because I JUST DREW IT!!! Hey, I'm in Art School After all! I'm getting better all the time!

Hopefully my sad sick obsession with doing something I've already done before, only better, will make some people happy!

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Re: Neo Cloud
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-03 22:14:40 »
great job, you really got some talent!

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-03 22:30:18 »
That looks really great. I wonder how he stays on that pose tho.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-03 22:47:07 »
Nice model! ... err, I mean drawing!  ;D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-03 22:48:55 »

Wait, what? ;)

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-03 23:00:44 »

Wait, what? ;)

I forgot to sign out of Timu's account before posting. X_X Sorry.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-03 23:01:17 »

Wait, what? ;)

That's what I guessed ;D

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-03 23:12:50 »

Wait, what? ;)

That's what I guessed ;D

I hope he doesn't try to eat me alive for this. :C

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-04 00:23:17 »
I'd like to point out that this isn't ripped from anything!   ;)

I know how my fall from grace will forever mar my reputation  ;) (or maybe I just like being dramatic)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-04 01:31:34 »
nice to see you back apz - as to yer plagiarism - this isnt school : P just retexture the face n repost! You're more than capable now with all your lvl ups!

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-11-04 01:39:46 »
I'd like to point out that this isn't ripped from anything!   ;)

I know how my fall from grace will forever mar my reputation  ;) (or maybe I just like being dramatic)

Your just being dramatic.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-11-04 01:59:37 »
nice to see you back apz - as to yer plagiarism - this isnt school : P just retexture the face n repost! You're more than capable now with all your lvl ups!

;D ;D ;D ;D Level 63 now by my count!

If that's what you guys really want, it'll only take maybe an hour, but... I'd rather start all over again! And come on... Wouldn't that be better?

I could do both however, whatever!

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-11-04 03:19:47 »
Sounds Good. Have you had any thoughts on doing other characters as well?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-11-04 04:29:38 »
Well you see. I would... but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to be lame  :-\ Because I honestly can't commit to the amount of time it would take. Job+School+newborn+no days off = I shouldn't even be making anything for this place

I do however want to do Sephiroth Vincent and Tifa. I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up. If it happens it happens, but I'm not gonna make any promises.

As it is, I'm still doing this mostly for my own selfish fanboyism and my incessant need to share things with people who'll appreciate them. Plus it's a portfolio stuffer!
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 04:38:54 by apz freak »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #14 on: 2010-11-05 00:25:42 »
That truly is one magnificent drawing.  The sword is really well-drawn.

I, never for the life of me, will be able to draw anything as great as that.  ;D

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-11-05 11:58:40 »
Drawing just takes time and practice. Anyone can do it with enough practice and the ability to trick yourself into right brain mode (----> There's a book called "Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain" and I highly recommend it)

I have a theory about style, it's both something you work hard to achieve, and your innate natural inclinations.

But a key element with any artist is the ability to visualize the end result before you start. Everybody goes about this differently, but unless you're a portrait or landscape painter... It won't cut it in this business. You gotta start with SOMETHING, even if it's just an idea.

The problem is people need to realize what creativity IS. It's not something that comes out of thin air!!! Anyone who's creative will get INSPIRED, and INSPIRATION STARTS OUTSIDE THE SELF. YOU CAN'T MAKE ART OUR OF THIN AIR!!! YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE!!! It doesn't matter what it is, but everything we do on this earth, every "AH HA!" moment, was triggered in our heads by something else, usually from something completely off topic.

So when people who don't use their creative minds for art like to judge it, and they tell me how uncreative bland and pedestrian this thing is that I poured my heart into. And I just want to scream "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CREATIVITY IS!!!!"

Because creativity doesn't necessarily mean inventive. It means your brains was actively engaged and excited and working hard to make something, even if it isn't something "New". But the best artists will be both creative and inventive at the same time. I try!

And so this is how I justify my re-making my Cloud and loving to do it   ;D And I defy anyone to say I'm being "uncreative" Because well... I'll be creating something! even if it isn't new... And, as an added bonus---> You guys's will love it!

I hope  ;)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-11-05 12:49:27 »
Cant wait to see what you put together. If you ever get bored sometime you could help out with avalanche. Take a look at it if you dont know what it is about. (very bottom of the screen if you havnt scrolled down :) )

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #17 on: 2010-11-05 17:30:53 »
And I defy anyone to say I'm being "uncreative" Because well... I'll be creating something!

Watch out, that is Exactly what some individuals will try to do.  Your Drawing is gorgeous though, I look forward to your future creations.  It appears you went to Art School to improve one of your skillss, and in the process have learned/improved upon a number of skills!  Awesome.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-11-05 23:46:27 »
I'd say Art School has leveled up all my attributes except maybe my audio skills and knowledge.  And it don't bother me if people will call me out for not being original with my new Cloud. Because honestly I agree!  :) I'm NOT being original! But I'm having fun and doing something that I love, and there's nothing wrong with that!

The biggest thing I learned in Art School was anatomy, of which I'm still learning more all the time. Learning that nearly doubled my drawing ability! Once you understand which muscles connect where and how and the way they bend, it completely transforms the reality of your characters.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-05 23:50:35 by apz freak »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-11-07 21:28:32 »

Scale Reference

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-11-08 14:36:06 »
pretty good scale - but it loks just about the same as the one you did before!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-11-08 19:40:14 »
Well a sketchy drawn reference that has similar (not exact) proportions, yes. But the final model will definitely not look like the old one, despite the fact that I'll be going for the same aesthetic. Basically the Cloud in the Crisis Core Secret Ending. I'll do one with large anime eyes for qhimm, and one with a more realistic face for animation for me.

There will actually be several versions of this exact model. The Hi poly one and the lo poly one, using the higher one to bake the normals and cavity information onto the lower one. All unique Uv's. This doesn't mean anything for Qhimm except a more accurately painted texture.

What it means for me is that I can separate the materials for use in high quality cinematic (Diffuse, Specular, Normals/Bump maps as well as different attributes ex: pants separate from metal, separate from leather) Hi-poly but low enough for fast rendering.

Reason being is that... Yet again I'm doing this for a project I have in the works, and had planned for almost a year now. Cloud going through the first level of Doom, much like Dead Fantasy. The discovery of my plagiarism here has prompted me to start at least the Cloud I will use in this video to work on next. There's little point in explaining the 'Why' because quite frankly an idea alone isn't exciting to anyone, but seeing it is! I'd go into more, but I don't think anyone will believe me until I have a good amount of it completed.

So it's going to be a benefit for qhimm (That is... if anyone still wants my Cloud after Timu's Cloud  ;) )

Here's the other thing completed so far, I know it's not done, but once I make the hands it will be.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-08 19:49:02 by apz freak »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-11-08 19:55:51 »
I am curious if a high poly model could be crammed into the ff7 engine. Its not like we do not have plenty of horsepower to spare these days.

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-11-09 00:30:20 »
If Aali makes miracles and adds support for Normal maps, then you could use the low poly version with the normal map like most games do nowadays.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-11-09 03:57:57 »
neat stuff - and apz keep the normal around, never know when aali will whip up another miracle :P