Author Topic: My computer is dead  (Read 2558 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
My computer is dead
« on: 2011-05-08 10:05:13 »
I think. It's quite funny really, because I'm often the one who makes fun of those guys who work on projects, and suddenly their comp goes "poof". Like "of course your computer fried and you lost all your data ; these kinds of things happen so often".

Fortunately for me, I saw it coming and I made back-ups. Often. The latest backup I made was yesterday evening, in my external hard-drive. So the mod is essentially fine. Also, perhaps I can fix the problem... Right now my computer won't start and I can't even access set up (screen is frozen on the first screen, where you can see your RAM total, and there's a weird sound going on). I'm going to open the UC... ...The problem may have to do with a HDD that appeared to be broken (these days, before my desktop appeared, windows would always scan the disk and tell me files were corrupted... ...I even formated it to no avail).

So yeah, I'm forced to put my work on hold (and if you're wondering, I'm typing this with my ipod). My mod being perhaps 90% done, it would have been a shame if I had to quit now. Still, I need my computer ;_;

EDIT:

I was right : the old HDD was at cause. I got rid of it, and it's working fine now :D
Once again, I was too quick at yelling "Bwaahh, it doesn't work!". Bad habits die hard.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-08 11:29:27 by Armorvil »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: My computer is dead
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-08 12:15:12 »
Hehe... Is this why you didn't answered msn these days? 8) Or am I too insistent :P I think the second answer is the one...

/troll

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-08 20:20:00 »
Ha, I rarely open MSN these days. But you know, if you need to tell me / ask me something, PMs are there ;)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-08 20:25:28 »
Ok, well, these things are better discussed by some instant-messaging device... Well expect at least a dozen of messages popping up when you open it :P