Author Topic: Hunting for "Story" people  (Read 33854 times)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Hunting for "Story" people
« Reply #25 on: 2002-09-23 16:09:53 »
I'll be glad to help out with the story if you need me, but I cant be bothered to write this "perception" thing or whatever it is you want me to do. I dont really mind either way but if you want my help, you can have it. I'm not really up for writeing to much though due to limited time alevels are taking up. I'll bet I can give writers many helpfull suggestions and insights on writeing for the remake though.

But as I said *shrugs* I dont mind.

Cilantro

« Reply #26 on: 2002-10-26 01:11:53 »
Writing ye say?  This, I can do.  I have some time off from the Vengeance project (PS:T mod), and can write/script with no problem if need be.  Plus, I think it would give me something useful to do with my time.

As for my perception, there are a couple of things that I think were massively underdeveloped in the game.  The Turks could have more of a focus on their backgrounds, which I always felt was underdeveloped.  Another thing that wasn't really addressed was the fact that Seph was more of a tortured soul driven mad than a monolithic evil.  Focusing more on this aspect would be a nice touch.  Other than that, Vincent could use a helluva lot more to say. :wink:

Anyway, I'd be more than glad to help if possible.

-Cil

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2002-10-26 06:44:16 »
Feel free to contact me if you're interested.

Giffen1

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/x_dud/
« Reply #28 on: 2003-01-16 18:11:08 »
forgive me if i made a mistake...

i kinda understand that there's a policy here about old/dead threads being
dug up again...anyway...

i haven't been here long but i've read about this remake as far as a few months back. I jus wanted to inquire about a few things.

Is there any specific time in which u guys want this "side story" to take place...i read that this wouldn't exactly be a sequel but more like an extra story...i'm guessing here but i think u'd place the new story  somewhere within the FF7 story itself.  :)

If u guys permit me a small suggestion which i'm sure someone already suggested before me....go with the FF7 fanfic writers i know most of the fanfics released are after the actual FF7 story but they're good stories translating to good writers nonetheless.

I'd be happy to contribute if u'd let me...new character designs anyway say, new antagonists, that would bar the way from certain points of the story for the Avalanche crew (hopefully Aerith included)....like an episode per se lol. Thanks.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2003-01-17 04:06:14 »
First things first, this is a sticky topic so it's alright to post here as long as it serves its purpose.

Fanfic writers tend to base their story on what happens in the future, out main emphasis for the remake is what happened before and during the original game outside of "Cloud's" perspective.

Giffen1

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/x_dud/
« Reply #30 on: 2003-01-17 06:03:55 »
ah, so it's like a prequel of sorts...something like what they were doing before the game itself.

errmmh...i haven't played FF7 for the longest time (try 4 years) and do correct me if i'm wrong, but, most of the characters aren't exactly doing anything at that time :( ....but hey that's the nice thing about creativity/free reign...u could certainly make them do something. :)

Barret : no problem he has a lot of back story to cover, all the way to his old mining town whatsisname.

Tifa : has had close ties with Avalanche in general...so  pre-adventure/ acts of terrorism/ roughousing couldn't be far off..even before Cloud joined in.

Although as an alternative u could probably tap on young Tifa and one of her adventures while training with her martial arts teacher. (again, i'm basing this on what little knowledge i hav left after a 4 year hiatus from the game...and countless other RPG gamings later so my memory could b sketchy at best)

Aerith : life as flowergirl...hmm...all i can think off at the moment   -_-

Red XIII : maybe something on the events that lead to his capture?

Yuffie : Ninja Clan. Attitude. Kleptomaniac. with her kind of lease on life she most likely would get into all sorts of fn situations not to mention stupid ones  :z

Cait Sith : can't think of anything on this one...unless u'd prefer a story about the person who controls the oversized moogle and weird looking Cat.

Cid : life as one of the best aviation pilots ever to grace the whole of the FF7 planet...lotsa possibilities.

Vincent: life as a Turk...man Vincents past has been tapped on so many times by fanfic writers that it would b impossible not to get any beef on him.

but i'm sure u guys hav thought of every single one of these before...in a way, it's like a refresher course for me..trying to remember this an that heh.

although, personal opinion, i think a "sidestory" instead of a "back story" would be a better way to go...for one, it's simply tapping into a readily built aspect of the FF7 continuity, their attitudes, outlook, and whatnot are established as opposed to making a story before they actually joined the crew. And they're all there :wink:

It'll be more like an episode...a lost episode that never made it to the actual story per se. Where the cast were momentarily deviated from their tracks to deal with an "unknown terror"...lol.

as u can see i've obviously put a bit of thought into this one...with lack of better things to do...anyway....it was fun. :) Thanks for listening .

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2003-01-17 21:46:49 »
sorry mate
hate to burst the bubble
but the story is in the region of starting of midgar, wutai war, jenova catastrophy, time of the calm, and of course the hunt for the surviving ancients
all of which stand in the time before or in the infancy of the current FF7 crew.

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: 2003-03-09 20:24:51 »
I can contribute. I'd love to be a part of this, and my coding skills are... well.. to put it frankly.. nonexistant.. this is the kind of thing I'm looking into for a future, so I'm here for ya all...  If someone wants to get a hold of me... *looks at butons under his reply* Take your pick! I don't know how much I'll have time to/be able to do... But I'll definately give this a try. *thumbs up* Example.

Reeve: Mr. Shinra, The amount of land dying around the city of Midgar is growing exponentially. If we don't cut back on reactor usage, the entire continent may become a barren wasteland in as few as 50 years!

Shinra: Ah.. But was it not by YOUR design that Midgar has 8 Reactors? You had everything you planned.

Reeve: This is not what I planned! First off, we had no idea that the reactors would do this to The Planet! Look out that office window! The planet is dying, Sir. And if we don't cut back on reactor usage... We're ensuing our own demise. And about that plan of mine you say you gave me... I hadn't planned for people to be living in slums under the plate!

Shinra: They chose to live there, by not paying for our housing. [SHINRA walks across the room and looks out the window] You will do as I say and double the capacity on our reactors. REEVE shakes as if ready to strike him, but hangs his head, and slumps dejectedly]

Reeve: Yes... Sir...

[REEVE Leaves, as he leaves, PALMER enters.]

Palmer: You called me, Sir?

Shinra: Yes, I simply wished to inform you that we are cutting funding to the Space Program by 50%, adjust your budget accordingly.

~fin~

Heh. That was just a sample of mah SKILLZ. Feel free to use it if you wish, though.

~Contra~

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2003-03-12 12:24:04 »
To be honest, the remake is moving at a rate slower than a snails pace.
It's mainly because most of the members either have lost interest of just don't have the time to commit to the project. (This might not apply to everyone, because I can't speak for all members of the project)

Well, any "fresh" breed with the time and abilities to commit to the project are certainly welcome. Feel free to contact me via e-mail or icq. (All my details are in my profile)

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #34 on: 2003-03-16 03:31:15 »
yeah... where IS that one seph3d kid anyway? ^^

S-12

• View Profile
    • http://www.squareman.8bit.co.uk
Yep I can help
« Reply #35 on: 2003-04-08 15:02:38 »
I can help making the FF7 remake. Well not by coding, but i can write the script. Here's an example:

Stasis : Your mission is to secure the Guardian, because if it falls in the hands of Mastery Operations the world is in a serious risk. Am I clear?

Fallen Guardian and XF4: Yes sir! We shall save the world!

Sinister Heaven

• View Profile
Writing example
« Reply #36 on: 2003-06-02 17:21:52 »
"He walked through the now silent fields like a ghost... A ghost of one of the warriors that was slain here today. Laying his Masamune on the inside of his arm, Sephiroth looked around in silence. How many were killed here? it wasn't easy to estimate the damage... But they won, though. Wasn't that good enough? He smiled to himself. Hell no, ofcourse it wasn't good enough. He was born for the kill, the heat of the moment, the clashing of iron and flesh... But he had never expected that the thing he would fear most would come at the moment he saw there was no defeat in the eyes of his opponent. He did not beat him, Sephiroth understood. He had set the man free from an unstoppable future in which his once proud future would be ruled by a conglomerate known as Shinra Inc...

Sephiroth didn't enjoy working for them. He didn't enjoy the fact they had won this battle, and would probably beat Godo himself on the verges of Wutai early tomorrow...
What mattered at the moment was simple understanding of the fact why this victory was so shallow, while it was their biggest one up to date...

He stared through the broken fields, counting a few hundred dead bodies, broken equipment, some of Shinra's heavier machinery... It wasn't even worth looking at anymore.

Sephiroth put his Masamune on the ground and stared up at the stars... Yes, he knew it now. He would make sure that the agony of defeat would be in each of his enemy's eyes before he would wipe them out... Because if he didn't even receive that, what would he have left to fight for? And fighting was living, ofcourse..."

He thought back at that moment for just a second. Was that why he couldn't destroy the girl after she grabbed his weapon and tried to revnge the destruction of her village? It didn't matter anymore, now. The village was cursed, this reactor is cursed, he is cursed! And Hojo... Hojo...

Sephiroth walked out of the Jenova Chamber, his mind blurred with millions of thoughts... Pain, suffering, loneliness... They were all gone, gone into the bigger picture. After all, there was more to life after all... Finally, things seemed to look upward for him. He had taken the ehad of his mother with him. After all, why drag the entire body with you, while it is known that every cell of Jenova will get back together eventually? Isn't that what the entire Reunion Theory is about? Gast pointed that out quite nicely... If only he would've lived longer...

"Sephiroth!"

He looked over his soldier. It was the little sickly rookie soldier. His spikey blonde hair didn't cover his tear-filled eyes... Sephiroth smiled... This person in front of him... At least he managed to trigger the fire in this boy... And then the Masamune hits...

- What happened after this everybody knows. I hope I've proven myself a bit by now. This was unprepared writing, i can do a lot better than this if given the chance. ;-) -

iceydamo

• View Profile
clouds journey
« Reply #37 on: 2003-07-16 14:47:53 »
Clouds Journey to Midgar

After making the promise to Tifa that night on the well Tifa went home and Cloud just stayed on top of the well thinking about how he has is going to get into solder and how is going to become like his hero Sephiroth, then after an hour of dullding over these thoughts he got off the well and went home to go to bed because in the morning he will be setting off to Midgar   to try to join solder when he got to his room and layed down onto his bed and fell straight to sleep. He had a dream that night that him and Sephiroth were standing next to each over fighting a huge dragon as he was now solder first class they were making mince meat out of the dragon when he got rudely awaken by his mother telling him it was time for breakfirst so he got up got dressed and went down stairs and sat the table to have his bakon and eggs his mum told him she was really going to miss him but not to worry about me because I will be fine,
He said to his mum he would miss here to and he will try not to worry about her. Then after breakfirst she told to go up into the loft because there was something she wanted to give to him before he went and she said it should help you a great deal if you want to join solder, so Cloud said ok I will go and get it so he made his way to the loft wundering what it could be when he finaly climbed the last stair into the loft, he has never been into the loft because his mum always said you were not allowed up there so he has always been courouis of what was up there when he opened the door to the loft he enterd what appeared to be an open room until he glansed what looked like a chest in the middle of the room so he went other to it and opened the chest to look inside and he found a sword he pulled it out of its scaperd its was quite a short sword looks like a standard he put back into the scaperd and went back down stairs very impressed of the sword. He asked his mum where she got it from and he was very shocked from the answer she turned round to look at him with tear bearing eyes and said it was your Father’s he told me to give to you when you were old enough to use it I didn’t want to give it to you until you said you wanted to join solder that was the last time I ever saw your father I had a letter 2 weeks later saying he was killed in a battle near North Coral over one of the reactors there so that’s why I never let you up into the loft until now. At this point she burst out crying Cloud run over to his mother and hugged her and said thank you for telling me this I will use this sword in pride for farther and for you so don’t worry mother I will make it to be in solder and become like my hero Sephiroth and these words he stoped huggin his mother and goodbye mother and picked up his things and his new sword and went towards the door and his mum called out after him goodbye and good luck hopethly I will see you soon and he opened the door and walked out straight towards the town exit hopethly not to be stoped by anyone espersuly Tifa else because he hates good byes. He walked out of the gates of Niblehem he walked for about 2 minutes then turned round and said at the top of his lungs goodbye Niblehem and then without anther look back he turned around and started to run and his fasted speed towards the river and then onwards to North Coral because he knows that way leads to the mountain path to Costa Del Sol and the boat to the main land where Midgar is.

To be continued……………..      
I hope you like it is my first time trying to write a story or script but I hope you like
I would love to help and I have quite a lot of free time.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2003-07-16 15:18:18 »
Sorry if this sounds rude, but...

Iceydamo, what the hell was that? Work on your writing.

Another fan-fic, which I despise.

And if you say "I bet you can't write something better than that" I will have to respond with the fact that I can.

But sinister heaven wrote something nice up there. Good job.

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2003-07-16 16:04:31 »
Now that Rubicant mentioned it, I have to admit that Iceydamo's story has a lot of grammatical/spelling errors too.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2003-08-02 22:05:48 »
that seriously was not good at all it has nothing to do with the story good god someone get me some bakon and eggs for breakfirst and tell your mum that I love here
its ben my lifelong dream to join solder because ive always wanted to be strong like sephiroth because hes my hero. i was always courouis of how spherephieroth got so strong so i decided to leave town

i espersuly like the masamune if i could hav one i would takeit

PinkFloyd1965

• View Profile
    • http://syzygy.50megs.com
« Reply #41 on: 2003-08-02 23:17:03 »
I think the problem was that the story was six sentences long. Within those six sentences, there were few commas and no quotation marks. And, besides that, the story had nothing at all to do with the proposed remake. So, I shall offer you one suggestion for the story:

They're periods. Use them.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2003-08-03 00:04:33 »
Words of truth, Floyd. I guess in some sense we do need education. Makes you wonder, if anyone is out there to teach our young ones about the fundamentals of the punctuational arts.

Sorry, I don't know many Pink Floyd songs..

If you can't make a sentence, you can't function in life. How can you possibly function in life if you can't make a sentence?!

Sorry, I'm done.

All in all it's just another post to my count

Done.

PinkFloyd1965

• View Profile
    • http://syzygy.50megs.com
« Reply #43 on: 2003-08-03 01:21:18 »
Heh... At least you know some Floyd...

At any rate, I'm sure I could write up a storm, but I'll be going off to college soon. That should give me plenty of free time, but I doubt I would be able to commit that free time to any single project, especially one that doesn't look like it will reach completion anytime soon. I worked on an FFVII mod briefly over at wc3campaigns.com that tanked fairly quickly. Hmm... I should stop; I'm probably discouraging people.

'Sides, right now, I have that nice little topic on my 3DS Max woes,  and I'll probably end up re-texturing Cloud and his weapons at least for Morrowind... But, if anyone wants me to write some short scenes and requests an example of my non-FFVII-related essays, I'd be happy to provide them.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #44 on: 2003-08-03 01:27:24 »
Rubicant you have no tact.. and i love that about you.. you give an honest opinion even if it is brutally honest.. i think thats a really good quality to have.. I wish more people would just be honest with others in this world.. there would be so much less confusion running rampant throughout the scenery..

Pink Floyd is awesome.. Listen to Dark Side of the Moon its some hardcore chillin music, and its great..

I rarely use puncuation, although i am usually for the most part decent with grammar.. I can write decently if i wish..

Faeranicus

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2003-08-15 22:08:31 »
I've got ff7PC, and I play it quite a bit... I wouldn't mind helping out if I could.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2003-09-19 15:47:35 »
guys seriously this is what it involves:
    Spending countless hours writing your own sections of the story
    Going into minute details about the sound, music, effects positioning of items etc
    Online collabaration with fellow FFR team members by msn,irc, and PMs
    Be able to pick yourself up and push yourself to do things that should have been done by something else
    Motivate those active team members and have daily/weekly meetings
    Work without needing instructions, all you will get is a brief on the story line for your segment.
    [/list:u]
    Hope thats some of the stuff you will be getting into.[/i]

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #47 on: 2003-09-19 16:16:57 »
Telling someone to write anything and give it to you is a difficult assignment.. Give everyone something to write.. Give everyone a brief story line to write on, and see how that goes. let them work their own imaginations.. just give something to everyone so comparing will be hella easier..

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2003-09-22 18:43:56 »
Heh. Even a year on my offer is still open if you want any help with anything FFVII content related... writing to.... I guess. Its not even like it'd be to much writing. More quality than quantity by far...
I'm even planing one of these days STILL to start my "FFVII project GAMMA: Play though game and write down everything that dosent make sense, then post it on Qhimms" in an effort to expand my FFVII knolledge. I started the Usa Psx version a while ago, but it sucks. Worth graphics and the script is awfull compared to the revised Pc version. Oh well, comming soon a forum near you: All my current problems with FFVII PC the next time I try to install it...

Edit: Actually it almost IS one year on since I posted the post I made on page 1... how time flys.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2003-09-22 20:16:51 »
Caddberry :
Skillster Wrote:
Work without needing instructions, all you will get is a brief on the story line for your segment.

Thats the outline you will get, we obviously need to collect the story line info into one document for ppl to evaulate