Author Topic: Hunting for "Story" people  (Read 33978 times)

trickstar66

• View Profile
    • http://radicalgarbage.250free.com
Hunting for "Story" people
« Reply #75 on: 2004-06-28 10:07:43 »
Ok, so what does this project mean? Are you looking for an actual story based on FF7 or a complete remake with a whole new story? I'm just asking because I'm doing nothing and have half a summer to churn out some damn good writing. All I gotta do is play FF7 one more time to get the feel back and I'm in business. It shouldn't take me more than a week to play it over again and the writing can be done in about 15 days after that.  :D

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #76 on: 2004-06-28 12:53:16 »
Quote from: liquidsub

I know pretty much everything about FF7, I bet I could come up with something good.

Forgive me if im wrong,but was cloud not a clone of sephiroth?  Hence he would have no parents?

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2004-06-28 13:38:26 »
I know pretty much everything about FF7, I bet I could come up with something good.

Forgive me if im wrong,but was cloud not a clone of sephiroth? Hence he would have no parents?

Mabye he is referring to the people that raised him?

Synergy Blades

« Reply #78 on: 2004-06-28 14:20:45 »
You've kind of missed the point of a part of the game if you think Cloud was a clone of Sephiroth. He wasn't (you know this from the Tifa & Cloud memory reconstruction sequence when they fall in the lifestream at Mideel). In this part of the game you find out he was born and raised in Nibelheim, by his parents, and did indeed leave to go to Midgar to try to get into SOLDIER, only he didn't make it and just became a regular Shinra soldier (the ones in the blue outfits). On one mission he returned to Nibelheim, as in the sequence at Kalm when he explains when he last saw Sephiroth, but this recollection of events wasn't correct. It was Zack who was in SOLDIER and supported Sephiroth. Cloud was one of the masked regular soldiers and couldn't show his face to Tifa because he was too ashamed, as he'd said he was leaving to be in SOLDIER and hadn't actually made it. When Sephiroth went crazy in the Nibelheim reactor, Zack and Tifa were pushed back and it was Cloud who picked up Zack's Buster Sword and attacked him; he was unsuccessful, but upon trying to attack him on the platform above the lifestream he was speared by Sephiroth's sword. Cloud then used his strength to push Sephiroth into the air via the sword in his body and flung him over the edge, then collapsed. (It could be that Sephiroth's body floated through the lifestream and became crystallised, and that what you see as Sephiroth in the first part of the game is actually just a projection, which would explain why he floats and can travel through walls etc.; you see his body crystallised in the air when Cloud is affected by the Jenova cells later on in the game, there's an FMV of this near where the Weapons are released).

On a sidenote, after the fire at Nibelheim, Shinra hired people to go and live there and pretend as if nothing happened which explains why, when you first visit Nibelheim, no-one knows about the fire or who Cloud & Tifa are (in fact, they do know about the fire, but obviously they've been hired to pretend not to know). On Disc 3 you can visit Nibelheim again, and some of the people will tell you how they were hired after the incident.

You also know from the Mansion library sequence on Disc 3 that after Cloud had finished off Sephiroth, Shinra soldiers came and took Cloud and Zack away (Tifa was saved by Zangan, her martial arts instructor, beforehand - see the note in Tifa's bedroom at Nibelheim). They were placed in Mako tubes in the Mansion basement and experimented on, presumably by Hojo, being injected with Jenova cells. They had no effect on Zack, but Cloud became extremely ill. They managed to escape and reached Midgar by hitching a lift on a truck, but Zack was shot when Shinra caught up with them, and Cloud, in his confused state, picked up Zack's sword and went to Midgar. The effect of the Mako and Jenova cells on his body confused his memories with Zack's, making him think he had actually got into SOLDIER and had been friends with Sephiroth and hence explain his memories and actions at the beginning of the game. Why didn't Tifa say anything? She said she was a little confused herself, but gradually during the game she realises that Cloud wasn't the member of SOLDIER she saw during that day, five years ago, at the Nibelheim incident (there are points throughout the game where she begins talking about it but then stops, can't think of any right now). She didn't want to admit it either, but during the Mideel lifestream incident she did, and they figured out together Cloud's memories and what really happened (see above).

The term 'clone' was used, but they weren't literally trying to clone Sephiroth. They were simply trying to produce soldiers (from exisiting soldiers) that had similar abilities to Sephiroth. Sephiroth on the other hand was born with Jenova cells in him, because Hojo injected the unborn embryo with Jenova cells.

data_lore

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2004-07-23 03:11:11 »
You're going to change the story?  It's such a great story, why change it at all (except for the issues with copyrite)?  Is it possible to just have some people peice out the storyline from the original?  Just making a few quick suggestions.

Also, Cloud wasn't really a clone, he was a normal soldier until he threw Sepiroth into the lifestream at Nibelhiem.  Then Hojo must've found him at the reactor afterwards, and taken him to experiment.  This is all covered in the second disk when Cloud and Tifa fall into the lifestream.  He had Jenova cells injected into him that changed everyone's memories to suit his new identity.

I'm a lazy teenager, Saint, but I don't have much free time.  I might be able to send in a tid bit of story ideas every now and then, though.

odo324

• View Profile
    • http://www.mindscape.siteburg.com
« Reply #80 on: 2004-09-17 03:45:36 »
Quote from: [color=darkred][b]Data-Lore[/b][/color]
You're going to change the story?
I think they just want to "extend" what's already known by "filling-in" what we don't know. Correct? For example: Red XIII having kids.
I'm curious what The Skillster meant by, "for the remake".

Quote from: [color=darkred][b]Data-Lore[/b][/color]
Hojo must've found him at the reactor afterwards
Yep, Cloud was wounded; probably unconscious. Zak too.

Quote from: [color=darkred][b]Synergy Blades[/b][/color]
...if you think Cloud was a clone of Sephiroth. He wasn't...
I’m in complete agreement with you, but isn't it possible? Did anyone say "born in Nibelheim" when referring to Cloud? I only recall "growing up" in Nibelheim. Of course, the "clone" would need to age naturally, travel from Midgar to Nibelheim before ~8yrs old, have no psychologically damaging events in his live (during that time), then have the desire to go back to Midgar to prove himself. Highly, highly unlikely, but...

Now that I think of it... Septh-Clones all have Jenova Cells, so why would cloud (if he already had those cells, as a clone would have) want to leave Nibelheim when Jenova was already near by? --> Recall, when Cloud and Zak went to Midgar, Jenova had already been transferred there. :isee: Bla, bla... …water under the bridge. Anyway...

Quote from: [color=darkred][b]Synergy Blades[/b][/color]
The term 'clone' was used, but they weren't literally trying to clone Sephiroth..
Ya, but at least one was a really good clone! Think that was a mistake? :o

Perhaps it’s better to say, they didn’t care if the clones ‘looked’ like the original Sephiroth, as their goal wasnt a "look-a-like".

Quote from: [color=darkred][b]liquidsub[/b][/color]
Ya know.. you never know sh*t about Cloud's parents. All you know is that Cloud is the new kid when he moves to Tifa's town.
Well, we can ‘lean’ to a few conclusions based on Cloud’s back story. For example, cloud wasn’t at all popular. This hints at the idea that his parents/guardians weren’t as important then anybody else. More likely, since Cloud was “the new kid”, his parents were treated not any better (at least at first) then ordinary outsiders.

EDIT: Please tell me I didn't kill this topic :weep: .

13uRneR

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005-01-27 21:20:29 »
I don't know if this helps... but... in a cut-scene in the game (I only had this happen once never again....) you see Cloud and zack escape from the lab in the shinra mansion, they are then riding in the back of a truck, and just on the outskirts of Midgar (they are being chased by shinra also) cloud tries to pull zack a little farther, yet I believe Zack plops down and dyes... Zack and Cloud are the specimens that escaped and made the finder nail marks in those tanks (for anyone who didnt know :P)

edit: mod delete this before people post if i did wrong

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #82 on: 2005-01-28 05:15:19 »
before mod's berating... dont revive old threads ^^

odo324

• View Profile
    • http://www.mindscape.siteburg.com
« Reply #83 on: 2005-02-02 05:44:22 »
Does that really include "Announcement" threads too?

Qhimm: Perhaps it's time to Un-Announce this thread?  :-?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #84 on: 2005-02-02 19:32:13 »
Very true, this thread served its purpose long ago.