Author Topic: Feature requests for the next Bootleg release  (Read 26292 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
Re: Feature requests for the next Bootleg release
« Reply #50 on: 2014-07-17 21:46:00 »
Not sure if this has been requested or is being worked on but wouldn't using 7th heaven as part of bootleg help a lot towards installing and uninstalling models individually?  It would be pretty awesome.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014-07-18 03:17:38 »
We will look into it. EQ2Alyza might be better than me to talk on the matter, but it's not impossible.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: 2014-07-18 04:20:09 »
yarLson, it most certainly can. You just need to be careful not to interfere with files associated with more in depth mods, e.g. New Threat, Hardcore, Nightmare 7, etc. Depending on how they're built, some files can be overridden and not interfere with the mods functionality. You can use the unpack .iro function in 7H to figure out a mods file structure. Also note that the order in which mods are listed in the Active Mods library for 7H depends on how the files overwrite one another. Top of the list always take priority. Because of this feature, it's sometimes necessary to have to split up files so that it overwrites in the appropriate ways. For instance, all the weapon mods here have to separated into their own .iro and loaded ABOVE the battle models that 7H will use. Anyways, I ramble. Hope I answered your question  :-P
« Last Edit: 2014-07-18 04:25:22 by EQ2Alyza »

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-07-18 18:42:06 »
I think so, basically I was just wondering if you guys plan on using it.  Myself I have yet to try 7th heaven.  I just use the direct folder, just a habit now I guess.  7th heaven seems very promising and obviously very useful for a project like bootleg.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-07-19 06:22:17 »
Will a feature be implemented that warns the user of conflicting mods? It's been a long time since I used bootleg to install the game, but I don't recall if this was implemented in later releases. IIRC anything that messes with that file that holds the weapon/ attack animation data (I forget the name of it! Judge me not Qhimm forumers, it's been years since I modded) is incompatible with a number of things.

I shamefully don't have an install of VII on this computer right now, but if I happen to do an install I'll keep a look out for anything that might be useful.

And honestly, this is one of the most useful projects to modding newcomers that I can think of. Bootleg itself was a breath of fresh air at the time. I still remember having to manually mod everything including that High Res textures patch that only supported two very specific resolutions prior to Aali's driver being released :/

Anyway yes, flying visit. Hope you're all doing well, glad to see the place is still going strong and good to see the same faces modding etc :D. Keep at it folks.