Author Topic: 2 separate Bootlegged games on the same computer  (Read 3212 times)

NeuroSephrioth

• Neuro Sephiroth
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
2 separate Bootlegged games on the same computer
« on: 2014-07-01 01:45:15 »
Is it possible to mod Final Fantasy VII with Bootleg twice? I'd like one for Nightmare VII, and then another for... not Nightmare VII. I've tried this before, but I could only ever have one. Is there a way to do this?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
Re: 2 separate Bootlegged games on the same computer
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-01 02:15:05 »
No, there is no way to do it and have both unless you have two separated hard drives on one computer linking to a server system aside from the original CPU server link on the original hard drive.  Wait until the new bootleg comes out and you'll be able to uninstall freely and put in new stuff.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-01 13:50:20 »
I've got two installations of FFVII on my computer running, but I don't know how bootleg works so I can't say if my method would work.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-03 01:10:40 »
You can. All you have to do is update the registry keys when you want to play one another. I have two Bootleg installs for exactly that (one for Nightmare and one for something else) and all I do is run some .reg files I made.

If you don't know how the registry works, I can post a dummy reg file for you to use (once I get back on my computer that is. Sometime tomorrow).