Author Topic: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.96)  (Read 7074 times)

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
[FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.96)
« on: 2014-09-21 05:55:54 »
I know many have come up with really good translations of Final Fantasy VI, but some really love Ted Woolsey's work on the original FF3 for the SNES. Further releases of the game all have things that make people run back to the SNES version. That's why I made the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition. It makes fixes to the original script where needed, and uncensors it and the game as well. The graphics are reverted back to the Japanese original, including the title screen and the final battle. Also added was character classes in the menu, expanded spell and Esper names to match further releases, as well as renaming monsters and items (no more Fenix Down!).

RHDN download

« Last Edit: 2017-04-27 15:03:42 by Rodimus Primal »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
Re: [FFVI-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-21 06:29:05 »
I have no clue why you didn't put this in releases or link to the RHDN page with a download, but I've fixed both of these things. Looks promising, I'll have to check it out if I ever decided to play FFVI again.

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-21 11:58:31 »
Wasn't sure what you allowed on the forum when I posted it, but thanks.

LeonhartGR

• No life
  • ~Whatever...~ Finally married to my "Rinoa"!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-21 15:37:37 »
Saved for future Let's play! :)

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.4b)
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-04 02:19:19 »
Final Fantasy VI is worth playing again IMO more than FFVII. I truly wanted this to be the definitive SNES version.

Seraphim87

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-10-04 22:38:21 »
This version sounds great!  So it has all the relevant plot points and uncensored stuff from the J. version but it just contains the funny quirks/humor from Woolsey?

eXistenZe

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-10-05 13:52:44 »
Never actually played FF6 all the way... Got bored after 5-6h... Guess I'll give it a try again...
Is the SNES version better than the PS?

JBedford128

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-10-05 20:32:46 »
SNES and PS are mechanically identical. PS has the original uncensored Japanese sprites (including original Siren). It also makes a few minor changes to translation. Vicks-> Biggs, and the other example I can think of is there is one scene where the character can be a guy or girl and the SNES translation says "her" in both instances but PS says "him" or "her" depending.

It also adds memo save (a save that's not saved to memory card but can be loaded after soft reset (and where you might return to when you die??? maybe)) and might have an introductory FMV of some sort. The PS also has some sort of bestiary and unimportant additional coliseum data.

Though people usually claim the SNES version is better because the PS version has "slowdown". Having played the PS version (and never the SNES), I didn't ever consider it slow while playing it. And I played it in PAL so it was probably a bad port that made the game slower.

eXistenZe

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-10-06 18:11:25 »
It doesn't look so bad on a 42'' screen with snes9x on my ps3 :) ... just a little...
Guess it's not the same as good old small but 70 pounds TVs...

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-10-07 03:57:16 »
The time it takes the PS version to load the menu and battle screens drove me nuts. It's even worse with Chrono Trigger. So to me, the SNES version all the way.

« Last Edit: 2014-10-07 04:21:40 by Rodimus Primal »

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.5)
« Reply #10 on: 2014-10-13 03:46:48 »
I've updated to v1.5! I changed the MUTE icon to Silence and finalized a few script tweaks.

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition 8
« Reply #11 on: 2015-02-14 06:49:23 »
I know I'm necroposting on this site, but just letting everyone know that my current version is 1.8.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-26 14:06:23 by Rodimus Primal »

WhiteShadow11

• Fast newbie
  • You are free.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.8)
« Reply #12 on: 2016-12-12 20:19:40 »
@Rodimus Primal

I love your romhack!!, I have been using so far and I only had one crash in it. I also used Dancing Mad Music Mod (It replaces the music in game for High Quality), maybe I shouldn't mix the 2 romhacks.

How the bug/crash started > I was trying to learn all the rages for Gau, doing leaps rage, and using Sketch from Relm to learn the maximum skills for Strogo, on WoR. I had like 33 hours of gaming.
So far I dunno what triggered, I remember before the crash I was equipping some relics on Gau and I was also able to equip weapons on him. *very strange* I left it but it might have been the trigger. The bug started to happen more like after 3 or 4 battles and chars started to change, including the menu, during the battle. The game was normal after the battles so I saved a couple of times, but after more bugged battles it became slow and crashed.

After loading a previous save I noticed my itemlist was strange the items passed more the number 0-99-00-10-99 and after a bunch of iterations of 00-99 the last one was 0.  I was able to fix the problem by selling everything *Made a bunch of money xD *, took me a while to sell everything, but it solved the bugs and crashes. I also optimize Gau to unequip the weapon.

I was able to take a screenshot > https://puu.sh/sHvOV/f9a4dcca65.jpg of the the crash. Don't know if it helps to detect the problem :(

I wanted to ask you if you will keep adding more bug fixes to your version, I saw more improvements/features this week on romhacking, if you could add them that would be great. Also I wanted to ask you if i can break the game with Dancing Mad Music Mod, and if you can add the mod in your romhack as well :)

Thanks for all your hard work.

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.89)
« Reply #13 on: 2017-01-28 18:38:22 »
@Rodimus Primal

I love your romhack!!, I have been using so far and I only had one crash in it. I also used Dancing Mad Music Mod (It replaces the music in game for High Quality), maybe I shouldn't mix the 2 romhacks.

How the bug/crash started > I was trying to learn all the rages for Gau, doing leaps rage, and using Sketch from Relm to learn the maximum skills for Strogo, on WoR. I had like 33 hours of gaming.
So far I dunno what triggered, I remember before the crash I was equipping some relics on Gau and I was also able to equip weapons on him. *very strange* I left it but it might have been the trigger. The bug started to happen more like after 3 or 4 battles and chars started to change, including the menu, during the battle. The game was normal after the battles so I saved a couple of times, but after more bugged battles it became slow and crashed.

After loading a previous save I noticed my itemlist was strange the items passed more the number 0-99-00-10-99 and after a bunch of iterations of 00-99 the last one was 0.  I was able to fix the problem by selling everything *Made a bunch of money xD *, took me a while to sell everything, but it solved the bugs and crashes. I also optimize Gau to unequip the weapon.

I was able to take a screenshot > https://puu.sh/sHvOV/f9a4dcca65.jpg of the the crash. Don't know if it helps to detect the problem :(

I wanted to ask you if you will keep adding more bug fixes to your version, I saw more improvements/features this week on romhacking, if you could add them that would be great. Also I wanted to ask you if i can break the game with Dancing Mad Music Mod, and if you can add the mod in your romhack as well :)

Thanks for all your hard work.

I think I may have answered your question on RHDN where I normally post but from what I understand, those two patches aren't compatible.

Also I've upgraded the patch to version 1.89.

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.90)
« Reply #14 on: 2017-02-28 15:07:59 »
Woolsey Uncensored has been upgraded to Version 1.90.  Blitz Names were fixed, Blitz and Lore descriptions were updated, as well as Dance names. There is also an Add-On patch which adds the Music Player and Naming Blitz (adds Blitz names to the menu).

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.93)
« Reply #15 on: 2017-03-18 19:50:26 »
Current version of Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition is now 1.93. A lot of script and bug fixes have been implemented. The biggest change, thanks to Madsiur of ff6hacking.com, is that there is the option to use a Music Player with this. The code had to be moved to a special location in the ROM due to other bug fixes in order to work properly, but works with all versions of Woolsey Uncensored. For those of you still stuck on using ZSNES, the Main Menu version of the Music Player works.

the_randomizer85

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.93)
« Reply #16 on: 2017-03-19 14:52:52 »
Current version of Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition is now 1.93. A lot of script and bug fixes have been implemented. The biggest change, thanks to Madsiur of ff6hacking.com, is that there is the option to use a Music Player with this. The code had to be moved to a special location in the ROM due to other bug fixes in order to work properly, but works with all versions of Woolsey Uncensored. For those of you still stuck on using ZSNES, the Main Menu version of the Music Player works.

I hope people still don't use Zsnes, Snes9x and Higan FTW :P But this update, awesome work :D

Rodimus Primal

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF6-SNES] Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (1.95a)
« Reply #17 on: 2017-04-15 13:07:42 »
I hope people still don't use Zsnes, Snes9x and Higan FTW :P But this update, awesome work :D

Thanks. I've upgraded to Version 1.95a to fix a few more errors.