Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] FF8 Controller Buttons v2.0 (Compatible with FF8_Buttons Patch)  (Read 284898 times)

DomSpiegel

• View Profile
I had a similar issue, my PC gamepad wasn't mapped the correct way,
and since I had to change it in the game option, the icon from this mod wasn't the right one.
(when I push the equivalent of "X" on my gamepad, the game said I was pushing Triangle etc...)

and I didn't want to use gamepad mapper, they all crash on my (clean) computer, anyway,

since I work with photoshop I tried to mod the mod's png, and it worked.

here the PSD (photoshop format) with some layers for the X, O, Square, triangle button.
you can make more if you want.
the url : Google drive, click download (an arrow on the top)

https://goo.gl/vDMi4D

once edited you need to save the file in PNG ! (24-bit + transparency)

I made a video if that could help, but since I'm not really good at talking english I didn't spoke in it.

https://youtu.be/LBNmQvNK2zQ

And of course, thanks all the modder out there.

popochan

• View Profile
Hi, (sorry for bad English, it's second language to me)
Can anyone help me?
My controller is logitech f310 which the layout use the same as that ps3 spcserver.
But when I use pinnacle so that I can use analog and d-pad the same time. The button map for HID turn out real mess.
Though, I prefer PS buttons version (used PS1, PS2, PSP and never play xbox) with Japanese layout (O = confirm, X = cancel).

^My setting. There is something wrong on world map too. The start, select doesn't work right. Anyone can suggest about this? (I don't even know which button to press and call out the mini map  :-\)

In game layout. You can see none is match from my setting above.

Any help/suggestion is OK. Even just telling me to replace which button with another or text in which file is fine. I appreciate all.
Thanks.

popochan

• View Profile
Ah, never mind. I use photoshop to switch the buttons myself.

So compare to original from pack.
new/original

Thank you for this wonderful mod and for reading :D

DomSpiegel

• View Profile
well that what I was talking in my comment above yours XD

PowerBook

• View Profile
Ah, yes. Hello.

I'm a new member to the forums, and I came upon this Mod while searching for them for the Steam Version of Final Fantasy VIII, and I was very impressed with it.

However I am having a difficult time making the correct adjustments, and would like some advice. I'm not using an Xbox or PlayStation Controller but a Logitech F310 USB Controller (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f310-gamepad), which uses Direct X Input, same as an Xbox Controller, and no I am not using any HIDs with it.

I figured the Xbox Texture would be what I needed, but it didn't work, so I switched to the PlayStation one and found that it does. But am having the same issue where it's all scrambled.

I tried doing the Photoshop Fix that this user did:

I had a similar issue, my PC gamepad wasn't mapped the correct way,
and since I had to change it in the game option, the icon from this mod wasn't the right one.
(when I push the equivalent of "X" on my gamepad, the game said I was pushing Triangle etc...)

and I didn't want to use gamepad mapper, they all crash on my (clean) computer, anyway,

since I work with photoshop I tried to mod the mod's png, and it worked.

here the PSD (photoshop format) with some layers for the X, O, Square, triangle button.
you can make more if you want.
the url : Google drive, click download (an arrow on the top)

https://goo.gl/vDMi4D

once edited you need to save the file in PNG ! (24-bit + transparency)

I made a video if that could help, but since I'm not really good at talking english I didn't spoke in it.

https://youtu.be/LBNmQvNK2zQ

And off course, thanks all the modder out there.

But it did not unfortunately fix the problem.

I scoured this entire thread hoping that someone had a solution for people using a Logitech USB Controller and nothing like Xpadder, Pinnacle, Joy2Key, or anything like that, but found nothing.

So I apologize for bumping a very old thread, but I was wondering if someone could help me solve my problem here.

Thank you in advance, and cheers. :lol:
« Last Edit: 2015-12-31 21:20:05 by PowerBook »

Bryan244

• View Profile
I accidentally made some changes through the config menu in the battle controls. Does anyone know if you set the controls through default that the battle controls will revert to default too? Anybody have a recommended 360 controller layout for the map or battle too?

DomSpiegel

• View Profile
I figured the Xbox Texture would be what I needed, but it didn't work, so I switched to the PlayStation one and found that it does. But am having the same issue where it's all scrambled.

I tried doing the Photoshop Fix that this user did:

But it did not unfortunately fix the problem.

hmm... I don't think you explained the problem  ???
what is happening exactly ?

PowerBook

• View Profile
hmm... I don't think you explained the problem  ???
what is happening exactly ?

Right, I am sorry.

The problem is despite doing the Photoshop Fix for the Non-HID PlayStation Set, the buttons are still scrambled.

X = Triangle, Square = O, Triangle = X, etc.

Again, as I've described I'm using a Logitech F310 USB Controller with no input devices such as Pinnacle, XPadder, Joy2Key, etc., just the controller flat out connected to my laptop.

I was hoping there was a solution for those not using an Xbox360, PS3/4 Controller, or USB Controller not using an HID, but have yet to find one.

I apologize for not being clear last post. :(

popochan

• View Profile
Right, I am sorry.

The problem is despite doing the Photoshop Fix for the Non-HID PlayStation Set, the buttons are still scrambled.

X = Triangle, Square = O, Triangle = X, etc.

Again, as I've described I'm using a Logitech F310 USB Controller with no input devices such as Pinnacle, XPadder, Joy2Key, etc., just the controller flat out connected to my laptop.

I was hoping there was a solution for those not using an Xbox360, PS3/4 Controller, or USB Controller not using an HID, but have yet to find one.

I apologize for not being clear last post. :(

I also use f310. But with Pinnacle. Thought, I tried the patches for all, with and without pinnacle. The layout you need is the same as PS3 pack. Try applying that.

PowerBook

• View Profile
Thank you! Holy mother of sweet God! Thank you popochan! The PS3 Pack worked like a charm!  :D :D :D :D

I'm off to go enjoy the game now!

DomSpiegel

• View Profile
Thank you! Holy mother of sweet God! Thank you popochan! The PS3 Pack worked like a charm!  :D :D :D :D

I'm off to go enjoy the game now!
nice to hear that you found a solution thx to popo,

enjoy the game :D

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

when i tried to work this ff8 controller mod today on my ff8 steam version

it crashed my ff8 game

i installed tonberry and seed reborn the right way

so what could be wrong then

RichterB

• View Profile
This seems to not works with Tonberry enhanced 2.04, but only with older versions of Tonberry

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
hey

when i tried to work this ff8 controller mod today on my ff8 steam version

it crashed my ff8 game

i installed tonberry and seed reborn the right way

so what could be wrong then

I assume you turned off the Steam Overlay?

This seems to not works with Tonberry enhanced 2.04, but only with older versions of Tonberry

Works fine on my end... So that's kinda odd for it to only work on older versions for you. Huh.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

yes i did turn off the steam overlay and this mod still crashed my ff8 steam version with the steam overlay off

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
And it works without this mod installed? I mean, all this mods does is replace some of the SeeD Reborn files to function.

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

when i use the dmusic.zip files on this mod

it makes this mod crash on me, when i try to use original ps1 music on it

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
The real question is whether everything works without the mods installed and trying to use the music. Since I use RaW, I have no way of knowing this or not... Or if it does something to Tonberry or if the file you downloaded could be corrupted somewhere.

Zara9

• View Profile
The real question is whether everything works without the mods installed and trying to use the music. Since I use RaW, I have no way of knowing this or not... Or if it does something to Tonberry or if the file you downloaded could be corrupted somewhere.

Hey

my ff8 steam version works 100% fine without this mod installed

but when i install this mod, its when it starts to crash all the time

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
So SeeD Reborn works fine for you without this? I'd probably try a few other mods as well just to make sure if it's just this mod alone. At least that way we will know for certain. It's strange how some of the mods haven't been working for people lately...

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

yes Seed reborn works fine with me without using this mod

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Have you tested any other mods? It's just that these are textures, which I haven't seen any crash games. That's why I'm interested if you've tested others.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

this controller mod works 100% fine with the ff8 original midi music on it

but when i take out the ff8 midi music files and put in the ff8 ps1 music files, thats when this mod crashes all the time

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
But... The music and this mod together couldn't be causing that as far as I know. Are you sure that something didn't go wrong in the process of setting things up or that maybe some of the music files aren't corrupted? It could be crashing at certain songs. I would at least check the place you got them at and see if others are experiencing the same issues. There could be a number of things causing this.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

it crashes at the launcher screen all the time for me when i use this mod

when i use the ps1 music files on my ff8 steam version without using this mod, it does not crash at all on the launcher screen

do you think i should try installing the ps1 music files first before i install this mod to see if that will work
« Last Edit: 2016-01-23 14:42:56 by Zara9 »