Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 528376 times)

j00pacabra

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #50 on: 2014-09-26 12:11:37 »
I was able to download again, cheers

Rukenu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014-09-26 12:52:11 »
Thanks for your help dude, actually, i just re-installed the game, using the tools from the links, using the 7th converter, it works!.

If someone who had installed the bootleg version and dont want to lose some mods, just download the ulgp tool from here.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12831.0

It's really easy to use, just dumb the files that you want, for example, you dont want lost some battle models, then you just have to dump the battle.lgp and then encode it again wue you've reinstalled your game.

Thanks again for the help guys.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2014-09-26 14:52:50 »
I figured out what the problem was. When you upgrade windows 8 to windows 8.1 it can set your windows DPI higher. So basically my laptops resolution is 1920x1080 but since the screen is like 17 or 19 inches(i forget but kinda small compared to some monitors) it sets the DPI to 125% zoom to make the icons and text look bigger. This can be fixed under the resolution options, by setting it to small 100%.

Thanks for your help dude, actually, i just re-installed the game, using the tools from the links, using the 7th converter, it works!.

If someone who had installed the bootleg version and dont want to lose some mods, just download the ulgp tool from here.
It's really easy to use, just dumb the files that you want, for example, you dont want lost some battle models, then you just have to dump the battle.lgp and then encode it again wue you've reinstalled your game.

Thanks again for the help guys.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-29 03:26:05 by olearyf2525 »

BrandeX

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-10-03 02:51:40 »
Running FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe  doesn't result in a "FF7.exe" in the game directory (Steam), "FF7_en.exe" is still there and loads the launcher when clicked.
Every time I run FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe it indicates the patch is not yet applied, and auto finds my Steam directory.
The CMD window quickly closes with no other error message after pressing enter.

Also OP links to 7thHeaven_1.37.zip, it is up to v1.39 now.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-03 03:09:51 by BrandeX »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #54 on: 2014-10-03 03:29:14 »
I figured out what the problem was. When you upgrade windows 8 to windows 8.1 it can set your windows DPI higher. So basically my laptops resolution is 1920x1080 but since the screen is like 17 or 19 inches(i forget but kinda small compared to some monitors) it sets the DPI to 125% zoom to make the icons and text look bigger. This can be fixed under the resolution options, by setting it to small 100%.

Thanks, hopefully this doesn't happen often, but if it does then I'll add it to the Troubleshooting and FAQ section.

Running FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe  doesn't result in a "FF7.exe" in the game directory (Steam), "FF7_en.exe" is still there and loads the launcher when clicked.
Every time I run FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe it indicates the patch is not yet applied, and auto finds my Steam directory.
The CMD window quickly closes with no other error message after pressing enter.

Also OP links to 7thHeaven_1.37.zip, it is up to v1.39 now.

Check out the FF7_GC.log and see what it's doing. If you can't figure it out, post it here. 7H has an auto-update feature if it's enabled in the Settings. OP will be updated, just not sometimes immediately after a new version is released.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014-10-03 04:59:06 »
Thanks Elyza.  Sorry but another question. So I just updated to 1.39 and when i copied and pasted the files and ran 7th heaven it asked if I wanted to use Windows Subscription links again. Can you explain to me what that means? When I clicked yes it gave me this error.  But all the mods worked, I am just kinda worried if it will stop mods from updating in the future,.

http://i.imgur.com/T8FMXNm.png
« Last Edit: 2014-10-03 06:12:25 by olearyf2525 »

BrandeX

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014-10-03 07:35:37 »

Check out the FF7_GC.log and see what it's doing. If you can't figure it out, post it here. 7H has an auto-update feature if it's enabled in the Settings. OP will be updated, just not sometimes immediately after a new version is released.
No log file is generated, the best I can tell the cmd window is simply closing after pressing enter.

update: tried the standard version of the convertor, same issue. Log file is generated with that one, but it just stops at the installation found and nothing is printed afterwards.
The log after just pressing enter:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FF7 GameConverter, Version 0.11
Creator: Kompass63
Editor: EQ2Alyza

Start running at    Date: Sat 10/04/2014    Time: 12:52:35.84
Active code page: 437
ActualPath D:\Downloads\FF7_GameConverter_0.11

You are running "Windows 7 Ultimate" on a 64 Bit Operating System (AMD64)
Real Management 64Bit NATIV

This patch is not yet applied.

Steam is installed in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

Installation path found at...

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

If an installation path IS found, press ENTER.
If an installation path IN NOT found, TYPE IT IN and press ENTER.

That's it, window just closes.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-04 04:54:16 by BrandeX »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014-10-05 03:06:21 »
Thanks Elyza.  Sorry but another question. So I just updated to 1.39 and when i copied and pasted the files and ran 7th heaven it asked if I wanted to use Windows Subscription links again. Can you explain to me what that means? When I clicked yes it gave me this error.  But all the mods worked, I am just kinda worried if it will stop mods from updating in the future,.

http://i.imgur.com/T8FMXNm.png

It's denying access for the tool to write the registry keys. Try disabling the UAC and running FF7GC as an administrator.

No log file is generated, the best I can tell the cmd window is simply closing after pressing enter.

update: tried the standard version of the convertor, same issue. Log file is generated with that one, but it just stops at the installation found and nothing is printed afterwards.
The log after just pressing enter:
That's it, window just closes.

Hmm, Program Files (x86) may be the issue, although I've never seen it located in a D: drive letter before. I'm not super Windows savvy, but I thought it always installed its initial system folders to the C: letter drive. Uninstall the game through Steam, clean the registry with THIS, and try installing to D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII through the Steam interface. See how FF7GC reacts to that.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014-10-05 03:41:58 »
Hey EQ2Alyza,

I just wondered if you are going to be updating the game play to support New Threat 1.2?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014-10-05 14:14:13 »
Hey EQ2Alyza,

I just wondered if you are going to be updating the game play to support New Threat 1.2?

I haven't sent Alyza the files yet; I'm trying to fix something that wasn't ready for release first.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014-10-05 22:40:21 »
Thanks, hopefully this doesn't happen often, but if it does then I'll add it to the Troubleshooting and FAQ section.

Thank you  just did that, are all the mods in the catalog 1.0 from September 2nd?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2014-10-06 02:55:18 »
They are, and whenever an update or new mod is added, the date will change.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2014-10-06 15:45:08 »
:)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014-10-06 18:04:02 »
First update to the catalog:

Code: [Select]
October 6, 2014
    - Added Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
    - Added Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf

These can also be viewed at the bottom of the OP.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2014-10-08 04:21:20 »
First update to the catalog:

Code: [Select]
October 6, 2014
    - Added Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
    - Added Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf

These can also be viewed at the bottom of the OP.

Thanks!

WistonBandit

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2014-10-09 19:53:56 »
Hello from France,
First of all congrats Alyza and the other modders for your works. As a huge fan of FF7 I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to play this game in the best way possible
Unfortunately I just bought a new (relatively powerful) PC and have some troubles using 7th heavan to mod my FF7 steam game

Indeed, here is what's popping up when I start (or 10sec after I start) the tool :

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Decimal.Parse(String s)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.UpdateCheck(Object link) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 245
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Any idea about what's causing this ?
I am pretty sure I have followed every step carefully, but if I didn't and that's why it is not working properly I apologize in advance :)

chibikluktu

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014-10-11 08:42:40 »
hi, been trying to download the mods through 7th heaven, and the world texture gives an error, it crashes, and then it will not restart, and gives me this error

_7thWrapperLib.IrosArcException: Signature mismatch
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.ArcHeader.Open(Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 84
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 302
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 80
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 151
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

after which, if i clean out the [gamedir]\mods\7th Heaven folder i can start to redownload sometimes, or i have to kill everything and reinstall from steam to start from scratch, so far its been 50/50

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2014-10-11 14:20:58 »
Hello from France,
First of all congrats Alyza and the other modders for your works. As a huge fan of FF7 I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to play this game in the best way possible
Unfortunately I just bought a new (relatively powerful) PC and have some troubles using 7th heavan to mod my FF7 steam game

Indeed, here is what's popping up when I start (or 10sec after I start) the tool :

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.UpdateCheck(Object link) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 245
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

I am pretty sure I have followed every step carefully, but if I didn't and that's why it is not working properly I apologize in advance :)

This pops up when you first open 7H or when you click Launch Game? Did you use the Game Converter from STEP 1?

hi, been trying to download the mods through 7th heaven, and the world texture gives an error, it crashes, and then it will not restart, and gives me this error

_7thWrapperLib.IrosArcException: Signature mismatch
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.ArcHeader.Open(Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 84
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 302
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 80
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 151
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

after which, if i clean out the [gamedir]\mods\7th Heaven folder i can start to redownload sometimes, or i have to kill everything and reinstall from steam to start from scratch, so far its been 50/50

The Google Drive link was somehow not correct for World Textures. I was getting a crash when downloading also, but it should be fixed now.

Are you Brokenxwing who posted in the 7H Tool thread? Pretty much the identical error message was posted around similar times, so I just want to make sure we're not answering the same question twice.

chibikluktu

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2014-10-11 16:34:58 »
This pops up when you first open 7H or when you click Launch Game? Did you use the Game Converter from STEP 1?

The Google Drive link was somehow not correct for World Textures. I was getting a crash when downloading also, but it should be fixed now.

Are you Brokenxwing who posted in the 7H Tool thread? Pretty much the identical error message was posted around similar times, so I just want to make sure we're not answering the same question twice.

no, i have not posted in the other forum, i am not brokenxwing

the error message was whenever i tried to run 7th heaven, it never loaded and gave me the message.

thanks for fixing the link, and for all this hard work! i've seen a few streamers run a fully modded FF7, and am glad you're still working on this, and hopefully soon i will get it up and running as well

thank you again

WistonBandit

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2014-10-12 19:04:46 »

When I try to open 7H, game has been converted yes and properly I believe. Like I said the app does start for a few seconds but I don't have time to do anything before it crashes with the pop up message I copy pasted

I tried to uninstall/delete everything (keys included) and retried but the problem is still the same.

The problem comes from me or my computer, i'll keep trying as I am really eager to go back to FF7 for the 10000th time :)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2014-10-13 19:05:04 »
Hello from France,

The auto update check is broken on your machine I am afraid.

I will release a new version later this week that will fix it, although you will have to download the update manually since the auto update is broken!

For now, if you want to use the program anyway, disconnect your network connection, and then start 7H - it should load properly since the auto-update code will not run with no network connection. Then you can go into the settings screen and turn off the auto-update check, so it will not crash from now on.

WistonBandit

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2014-10-15 09:10:09 »
Many thanks Iros  :D

It is indeed the problem, everything is good now ! I will make sure to manually update 7th heaven when the new one will be released

Engezerstorung

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2014-11-04 09:56:41 »
hello, first of all, amazing work, for me who just jump in the ff7 modding thing a mod manager is really helpfull
but i have a tiny problem, related to priority things i think: if i put ChaOS on top of field models (caracters, enemies , and objects) i don't have the field models, ans of i put field models on top i loose the sword on the back
do i have missed an option to solve this problem or the only way to have what i want is to manually mod the game?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2014-11-04 15:23:16 »
Correct, manual would be the only way. The priority list goes from top to bottom, so whatever is on top takes priority and overwrites. The enemies and objects shouldn't get overwritten by CHaOS, but the field models will. I will look into adding the sword of back options to the Field Models part of the catalog, that way you won't need to do any manual work. Give me a week to work on it.

Engezerstorung

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2014-11-04 16:50:09 »
okay, no problem, in any cas i can play without my fancy potions model or save point model, that was just to be sure
but yeah, i also think a separate sword on back option would be good, for the peoples whon only want that
thank you for your time ^^

ps: oh yeah, and you should add in the tutorial to put the battles characters models on top of chaos, because they are also erased by the models of chaos (so in the end, the mod do nothing)
« Last Edit: 2014-11-04 16:53:43 by Engezerstorung »