Author Topic: Unable to Download The Larger Mods  (Read 3343 times)

Elementor

• View Profile
Unable to Download The Larger Mods
« on: 2015-12-26 15:59:05 »
I used to use bootleg for FFVII on my old computer, but since that is now outdated I've downloaded 7th heaven onto my new computer. So far it works pretty well, but for some reason downloading mods over 100 MBs gives me the error "Error Downloading" with the statement "System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs".

Is this the error mentioned in the FAQ about downloads failing? If so if I leave it alone will it eventually download and install?

shadow87

• View Profile
Re: Unable to Download The Larger Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-19 04:34:01 »
same issue

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-20 08:16:52 »
Are you downloading each mod individually? Sometimes there are bandwidth issues if you try downloading all the mods at once.

In the next big update to 7H, I plan on adding direct links for people to download from. I just need to get file names worked out for importing so that they still activate the compatibility features inside 7H.

Brokenxwing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-20 10:09:50 »
Hey. I've been trying to download the movie options mod for a couple of days but it keeps failing. I even just bought a subscription to mega hoping it would solve the issue for me. But it still doesn't work so far. It seems like I have to wait at least 24 hours between downloading anything now. I finally got the music properly downloaded earlier but now I can't get the movies yet. I don't know why and if there's anything I can do but wait.

Brokenxwing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-20 10:19:03 »
The error I get is this "Error downloading Media - MoviesAn exception occurred"

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2017-09-22 03:07:40 »
For most, it works fine, but this does get reported from time to time. When it does, I test it myself and the download works fine. Such a strange problem...

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-12-21 00:47:59 »
i got problems downloading large mods too (field textures, movie, spell) for 2 days, my net connectivity is stable.. yet i can't download, so i tried running the 7th heaven in Administrator Mode.. after that i have downloaded the mods without problem.. i don;t know if running as admin makes it work, or it just worked that time (even i didnt fiddle with admin rights)

trying will not harm, i think..  ;)