Author Topic: Black screen when starting game  (Read 5226 times)

rilirryn

• View Profile
Black screen when starting game
« on: 2016-01-17 09:31:10 »
I have FF7 steam version and I followed the mod tutorial but when I launched the game it just showed this

Then I chose new game and it just went black and nothing happened after that.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Black screen when starting game
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-17 10:01:08 »
I have FF7 steam version and I followed the mod tutorial but when I launched the game it just showed this

Then I chose new game and it just went black and nothing happened after that.

It would be useful to post your app log.

rilirryn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-17 11:15:19 »
I changed the library location because it looked wrong and then all the mods disappeared. I changed it back but all the mod have different names and version 1.0. Do I have to download all the mods again? And I couldn't find the app log..

Edit: It works ok now
« Last Edit: 2016-01-20 17:03:49 by rilirryn »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-17 12:30:07 »
I changed the library location because it looked wrong and then all the mods disappeared. I changed it back but all the mod have different names and version 1.0. Do I have to download all the mods again? And I couldn't find the app log..

For one thing I can tell your load order is incorrect.

asyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-21 03:18:16 »
rilirryn, I am having the exact same issue. Can you please post what resolved your issue?

rilirryn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-24 10:00:06 »
I used the FF7 Game Converter again (I might have done it wrong the first time) and then I had to download all the mods again.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-24 10:30:47 »
Yes, you don't want to change Workshop -> Settings -> Library Location after you've already downloaded mods. Every downloaded mod is placed, and recognized, inside that location. Once it's changed, 7H goes "WTH, this isn't what I remember..." and then just copies the file names (ID_Category_Version.iro) recorded from the last known C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop\library.xml.

So, for example...you start 7H for the first time and set your Library Location: C:\Games\FF7 --- Now when you download the Animations mod, it records the file name (ID_Category_Version.iro) to your library.xml and displays as "Animations" correctly in the Library tab of 7H. But, if you then change your Library Location: C:\FF7 --- The next time you open 7H, it's going to try and match the recorded library.xml information with what's found in C:\FF7 BUT freak out because that folder is empty (mods are still physically in C:\Games\FF7). When it can't read any file names in the folder, it just records the library.xml information (ID_Category_Version.iro) in the Library tab. Trying to launch the game at this point is trying to launch mods from an empty folder...they're displayed, but nothing is actually inside the Library Location: C:\FF7 that you changed.