Author Topic: Unofficial Qhimm Discord  (Read 8903 times)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Unofficial Qhimm Discord
« on: 2017-05-28 04:40:52 »
Unofficial Qhimm Discord

Why make a Discord?
I wanted to make a Discord for Qhimm for multiple reasons, but I can think of two main reasons. One is because I feel it would
be a little easier for Mod Developers to bounce ideas off of each other, and to help fix bugs if one person doesn't understand
what's going on. My 2nd reason is mainly for fans of the website to just chat with each other. Talk about what mods are their favorite
and what their favorite parts are. Just all around general chat as well. Maybe get together for fun games, or competitions to see who
can get through gjoerulv's Hardcore mod the fastest. I'm not a mod developer myself, and I haven't acquired the skills to do so yet,
and I want to contribute more to Qhimm. This is the best idea I could come up with.

Are you trying to replace the forums?
Absolutely not. The Qhimm forums are super useful, and a starting place for many great things. This Discord is meant to work in
conjunction with the forums with commands that link directly to threads on the forums. While information gets through quickly on
Discord, the forums are a great place to keep information that is meant to last, making it easier to find said information quickly.

What other things are you able to do on the Discord?
I've added a few entertainment features to the Discord, with thoughts on making many more once more people join. Currently
there is a Jukebox section where you can listen to, and share any musics that you like. There's a share and tell section where
you can share your silly bugs, or your greatest exploits, or just something you find silly. There's also potential to have a DND
group if enough people show interest (and someone wants to DM cause I am infinitely more skilled at making character than
entire scenarios for people to play through).

Is there anything I can contribute to help out?
As of typing this out there's a few things needed. There aren't many people at the moment, so I can moderate on my own, but eventually I will
need to start looking for moderators if the Discord gets big enough. If you have the right qualifications (or are already a
moderator on the forums) then you could be a moderator for the Discord as well! If you've got some ideas for emotes that you'd
like to see, then send them my way, and I'll add them (if they are appropriate.) Any suggestions that you think could be used to
improve everyone's experience would be a welcome addition.

I've got a mod that I'm making, and I'd like a text channel for it.
Fantastic! When you join the discord you can @me or private message me telling me you are a mod maker, and link me to your page on the
forums. I will add the Mod Developer tag to you, add a text channel in the game category your mod is for, and make a custom command that
can be typed in to link directly to the homepage, and the last page of your mod! You will have essentially Admin privileges on your text
channel to moderate it as you see fit.

Well this sounds fantastic! Where do I sign up?
Just click this link and you are on your way! https://discord.gg/kAKZzbV
« Last Edit: 2018-03-23 00:54:56 by strife98 »

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Qhimm Discord
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-13 21:16:03 »
Just wanted to know if there is now an official server :-)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-12-14 00:47:46 »
Well I made one for my mod. However, I came in touch with it recently and are not very good with it. But I like the tool a lot and it is absolutely a good thing to use.
Discord:
https://discord.gg/anbD9

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-15 12:40:50 »
Well I made one for my mod. However, I came in touch with it recently and are not very good with it. But I like the tool a lot and it is absolutely a good thing to use.
Discord:
https://discord.gg/anbD9

Just to point out (unless you did it on purpose) That is a temporary link that only works for a few minutes.

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-12-15 22:15:21 »
Edit: I've decided to just post it. Be aware that if I do get a request to remove it, I will. Also be aware that since it's just starting it will not have much in terms of support, but we can always talk about what are the best mods! https://discord.gg/kAKZzbV

okay, i joined. would be nice to see some familiar faces :-)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-12-17 20:18:56 »
I've been using this and I like it.  I recommend to everyone.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2017-12-30 17:34:32 »
I joined in as well... maybe this is my chance to get back to the scene and finish this darned translation of mine...

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-03-09 20:38:11 »
I have added a translation bot, cause not everyone speaks English fluently. I'm still trying to figure it out so I'm not 100% sure of all the things it does. I know it will translate everything to english (if the person not speaking English is added to the auto-translate role) but I'm not really sure how to make it so it will translate everything back. Once I do figure that out, I'll probably make a multilingual general chat cause it can be a bit of a cluster funk. I'm also not sure of the quality of the translation so I'm sorry if it's pretty horrible.

Thanks to Mcindus for this :)