Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Partial Re-translation & Restored Extra Unused Dialog v2 - Removed  (Read 6047 times)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
\Final Fantasy VIII\Data\lang-en\field.fs

INSTALL BY EXTRACTING & REPLACING YOUR ORIGINAL FIELD.FS ... BUT BACK IT UP 1ST...
WINRAR SPLIT ARCHIVE ... JUST HAVE THEM ALL TOGETHER IT'LL MERGE FOR YOU UPON EXTRACTION...

modified for enabling some unused dialog + partial Re-translation of parts of the game, primarily End-Game... Added Colors to some text... for eg to show when options appear for those that are skipping text as it appears, you'll be a little less likely to miss decisions / key text......
for eg, used up to 5 translations for some parts, cross-referencing to keep it canon...
...JPN, FRE, ITA, GER, SPA... compared to Eng
) being bilingual helped ...
i've tested most of the changes on the Re-Re-Release version... mod is only for English mode...

UPDATE 2020:
This got merged with my 2013's Gameplay mod for various reasons... mainly because that one expanded gradually and needed to edit field.fs in order to have diff battles / more enemy diversity etc... (dead links removed)
« Last Edit: 2020-06-28 02:46:07 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

greator

• View Profile
Can you explain what dialog this is, so we would know and compare?

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Can you explain what dialog this is, so we would know and compare?
sure, the Final Boss speech is the most changed... roughly twice the text, only added a few extra clicks to skip though, mostly resized test boxes, kept it as CANON as possible) keen for feedback...

they are a couple more times Squalls talks...
the most notable one to me is in the orphanage... (i remember thinking 19 years ago, he should of said something during the part where he now does...)

started adding color to the names of certain people...
for eg... very start of the game... keen to continue with this idea...
need to pick who gets the limited number of colors...
also Green text probs shouldn't get used in my next version... (we tend to mod it for Button Icons)

Dr Odine - helped his Speech Problem / Accent a bit... hard to be sure which it's meant to be... but less "Z"'s to hard to read through...

added a few "hints" ;) at some save points... for eg, i've warned in BRIGHT RED WRITING when you are at the FINAL SAVE POINT for eg...

---------------------------------PICS BELOW----------------------------------SPOILERS AHEAD------------------------------------------

good example here... original text in white... each other color came from a diff translation...

« Last Edit: 2018-07-28 19:45:54 by qotsaninsoadkorn »