Author Topic: Leviathan  (Read 17777 times)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Okay
« Reply #25 on: 2004-04-10 10:01:32 »
Thanks.

Do you plan on doing transparent mode, or isn't that a priority at all?

But I don't know, just having the monster fill the entire screen seems like it would be cooler - just having it that big. Would it even be that difficult to code something like that?

Thanks,
~Sky

P.S.
I post when I think about stuff. I didn't plan to have any more questions after each post. (why is it that big of deal anyhow?)

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Re: Okay
« Reply #26 on: 2004-04-10 10:22:36 »
Quote from: Lord_Skylark
I post when I think about stuff. I didn't plan to have any more questions after each post. (why is it that big of deal anyhow?)

Because it's fairly annoying to others, uses up unnecessary resources in the forum db, and because the admin (that's me) says so. Do you need more reasons?  :)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Model problems..
« Reply #27 on: 2004-04-11 07:08:19 »
Sword Dance's head doesn't view correctly.

If you want some pretty good pictures to compare stuff to without having to find them in game all the time...I know my website has them.

www.geocities.com/lord_skylark/

~SKy

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #28 on: 2004-04-12 04:39:14 »
Can you make an option to prevent the mosnters from disappearing if you move them too far in one direction or whatever it actually is - cause it's VERY annoying when trying to position the monster in certain way only to have it looks really good - but like half his horn has disappeared...

~Sky

Leviathan
« Reply #29 on: 2004-04-15 20:03:59 »
Yeesh, can't you take a hint?! It was more like a flat out command.

Next time use the Edit your own post option. Do not multi-post. Ever.

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
*sigh*
« Reply #30 on: 2004-04-18 22:51:27 »
The post was an entire day later... I understand not to make like 4 posts in a row within 15mins or whatever.

~Sky

Leviathan
« Reply #31 on: 2004-04-22 02:03:07 »
Board time is not necessarily the same as real-life time (TM).  If nobody else has posted after you, no matter how many days later, chances are that it's still better to edit your post than to add a new one. IMHO, of course.

Nom_Anor

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #32 on: 2004-04-22 16:19:55 »
Jeeze.  The guy just wants some info. Don't jump all over him for his artistic style of creating new posts instead of modding an old one ;-)

Seph2k has been doing that since he got here.  Nothing beats a one line LOL post with smileys. :wicked:

Leviathan
« Reply #33 on: 2004-04-22 18:42:18 »
Just because I didn't stroke Lord_Skylark's ego doesn't mean I was trying to hurt his/her feelings. ;) (<--see, I can wink too, for no apparent reason!) I'm just trying to save him some future pain. Is that bad?

Seph2k has been doing that since he got here.

...which is part of the problem. Do you remember how he got his warning? Mod tells him to do something, he ignores it. Repeat until eventually Mod loses patience.
Seeing someone do the exact same thing (what started all this) is quite annoying for a crusty grump like me. ;)

Nothing beats a one line LOL post with smileys.

Bah. Do I need to remind you of Cuddleswing as well? She got her post count reset. :wicked: (<--evil smile for no apparent reason...?)

Meh. I didn't think this was going to turn into a potential flame war, but since it looks like it could head that way, I'll drop the subject.

Nom_Anor

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #34 on: 2004-04-24 15:18:57 »
Tru, you have a pt.  I didn't mean to sound derog Either...sorry for swinging so far from the topic.  I was just playing around, that was funny about cuddleswing.,.. I totally forgot about that.  Good times

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Stuff noticed in leviathan...
« Reply #35 on: 2004-04-28 21:10:15 »
Some things to fix up - bringing to your attention in case you didn't know

The monsters I noticed that have transparencies are the following:
Bottom Swell
Brain Pod
Crown Lance
Deenglow
Ghost
Heligunner
Mono Drive
Mover
Scrutin Eye
Serpent
Spencer

Sword Dance doesn't appear to load correctly.
The color of Soul Fire is alot brighter and more yellow in the actual game.
The face of one of the cards for Death Dealer does not display correctly

Is there any way to load the weapons into Sephiroth (final) and Mystery Ninja?

Thanks,
~Sky

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Leviathan
« Reply #36 on: 2004-04-29 15:42:36 »
Uh I have alot of work to do right now, plus I'm switching job (yay) + i have no idea how are transparencies stored, so dont await any news on Leviathan soono.
Sword Dance doesn't appear to load correctly.
The face of one of the cards for Death Dealer does not display correctly

Could you post a pic of these ?

Cyberman

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #37 on: 2004-04-29 19:29:35 »
If the PC is non too disimilar to that of the PSX the weapons are stored in the same file as the battle models for the characters.  I should check seph and see is this is so in the PSX version.

Hey Mirex.. enjoy your new job! :)

Cyb

mirex

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #38 on: 2004-05-02 09:41:02 »
If the PC is non too disimilar to that of the PSX the weapons are stored in the same file as the battle models for the characters.

Yes they are there, but problem is about placement of the weapon. There is no 'bone' for it in skeleton, i'd say its somewhere in animation file. But where...

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Leviathan
« Reply #39 on: 2004-05-02 16:39:35 »
Quote from: mirex
If the PC is non too disimilar to that of the PSX the weapons are stored in the same file as the battle models for the characters.

Yes they are there, but problem is about placement of the weapon. There is no 'bone' for it in skeleton, i'd say its somewhere in animation file. But where...

Personally I think that the weapon files are kept in "3d environments"  and with the files they have the have co ordinates for the placement of it at points X Y and Z.   this is then ADDED to the battle model, and travels in Clouds or whoevers "Personal space"..think of it as a cubiod around the char, and that within that space, EVERYTHING in it, moves with the character...simply add in the buster sword at point XYZ and your away.

mirex

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #40 on: 2004-05-02 18:52:28 »
Quote from: DarkDevil
simply add in the buster sword at point XYZ and your away.

Hehe seems easy right ? But from where to get that correct information about point XYZ ?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #41 on: 2004-05-03 08:18:07 »
Could it be in the charachter data?  Think of it as a puzzle... In the charachter data you have the Co ordinates for XYZ of the weapon placement(the jutty outey peices), and on the weapon data could be TOLD to be inserted and the co ordinates of XYZ that correspond to the charachter data's Co-Ords(the holey peices)

Just a thought however....dunno if it has any  credibility...

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Pictures of problems
« Reply #42 on: 2004-05-11 02:58:33 »
www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/DeathCard.bmp

(that shows that one card doesn't display....but if you turn it the other way, the back of it will display)

The viewer's version of Sword Dance

www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/Sword.jpg

The in game version

www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/SwordDance.jpg

viewer's version of Soul Fire

www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/Soul.jpg

ingame version

www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/SoulFire.jpg

Hope that helps.

~Sky

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Other stuff...
« Reply #43 on: 2004-05-11 03:01:04 »
Is there a way to make it so when you move the monster too far in one direction and stuff (but it still fits on the screen) that it doesn't start to disappear?

Also, it would be great to at least see Mystery Ninja with her weapon and the Final Sephiroth with his.

~Sky

Cyberman

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #44 on: 2004-05-11 19:42:31 »
Quote from: mirex

A little heads up.  You know Tifa's weapons are gloves right?
Well Tifa doesn't HAVE a right hand in the PSX version model of her. Ditto for Barret.  Vincent Cloud Yufi CID and Ariel do.  I believe there is a empty weapons bone, and they place the weapon twisted in the right direction for placement in the model.

Cyb

mirex

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #45 on: 2004-05-11 21:28:53 »
i thought so, but:
- bones that should hold weapons are not marked anhow. so i dont know which is the 'hand holding weapon'
- other thing is that: Cloud holosters his weapon on his back when summoning, so it can't be connected to his arm.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #46 on: 2004-05-12 07:55:46 »
Hrmm...This makes me think about my theory.

Could there be ANY other files not explored yet, or ones explored, but we dont have a clue what they do?  Could THEY be the ones holding Co Ordinate data?

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
?
« Reply #47 on: 2004-05-13 00:55:27 »
Mirex, when will you address this question??????????

Is there a way to make it so when you move the monster too far in one direction and stuff (but it still fits on the screen) that it doesn't start to disappear?

~Sky

Darkdevil

• View Profile
Leviathan
« Reply #48 on: 2004-05-13 12:21:52 »
Skylark calm down.

Im sure Mirex has read your question but you have to realize that we are trying to sort something else out.

Mirex:  You say that there are no bones for weapons right?

So that MUST mean weapons are added in somehow from another file....so theoretically there should also be some kind of Co-Ord group telling the system where to place the weapon....Could it be possible that the Co ords are hidden within the character or weapon data?  Perhaps it's in the Battle.LGP file and we just haven't found it yet....it could be possible right?

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Weapons
« Reply #49 on: 2004-05-13 14:24:31 »
If it's like FF10/FF10-2, then the weapons are loaded with the battle formation and are treated as seperate objects. Seifer's gunblade in FF8 is like this too.

~Sky