Author Topic: up arrow stuck =[  (Read 1937 times)

ChibiTim

up arrow stuck =[
« on: 2004-04-06 22:52:36 »
i don't know what's wrong, but recently every time i open FF7, it acts as if the up arrow is stuck being held down and i can't really move or stop it, and i'm not pressing any keys at all! this happens only in FF7, i am running FF7 XP patch with configuration 1.00 (for some reason 1.02 keeps asking me to insert the cd when it's really in there, and besides i have an ATI radeon 9500 so it doesn't matter).
Specs: AMD XP 2100+ @ 3200+, 512MB ram, Windows XP Pro.
what could be wrong here?  :-?
thanks.

edit: i don't know if it's the reason, but i recently reconfigured my directvobsub and other subtitle codecs.

Jedimark

• View Profile
up arrow stuck =[
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-06 23:12:14 »
Do you have a Joystick connected to your computer that isnt calibirated correctly?

You shouldn't have installed the XP Patch (read the threads about it).

You wont be able to run the game in Hardware mode if you don't use the 1.02 patch and select the NVidia + TNT option (for Radeon cards). But if you are happy enough with Software Rendering...

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
up arrow stuck =[
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-06 23:12:27 »
Do you have a joystick?  Try unplugging / disabling it?

[Edit] Dang, Jedimark just beat me.

ChibiTim

up arrow stuck =[
« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-06 23:57:26 »
i unplugged my ddr pad, the problem still persists  :(  also, when i tried using the nvidia + tnt, i get black for all the 2d backgrounds and the text color is all screwed up.. and do you mean the animevamp patch? i don't have that. i used qhimm's xp patch. how can i make my ff7.exe to version 1.02?

edit: i also tried reinstalling, which brought no help

---

wow, i fixed it by recalibrating the ddr pad, i didn't think it would be a problem when the pad was disconnected. thanks guys! :D

---

btw, this forum is t3h l33t sk337  :D

Mod Edit: Edited a triple-post into one post.  Please don't post more than once in a row -- edit your previous post instead.  See the rules.