Author Topic: Fool the n00bs [Edit:]Possiblity for figuring out animations  (Read 28314 times)

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
Be fruitful and multiply and fill the web with the following image:

Muwahahah!

-Contra-

sfx1999

• View Profile
Fool the n00bs [Edit:]Possiblity for figuring out animations
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-09 03:24:23 »
How did you do that?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-09 07:52:42 »
well...now ive picked myself up off the floor for laughing so hard at that, i will now submit this to as many people as i can...i think the FF7 board on GameFAQS is good enough :P

DD

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-09 10:32:55 »
HaHa!

Contra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-09 12:16:03 »
*heh* I actually altered the Battle.lgp in my game, decompressed it, copied the masamune's model, and renamed it to the Buster Sword's, then using LGP tools, I replaced it in the original . Luckilly, Cloud still holds it by the handle.

I'm thinking of giving Sephiroth the Buster Sword or somesuch.

Kyee hee.

-Contra-

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-09 20:40:35 »
Damn you have to tell me how to do that.
Or has he just done it?

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-09 23:12:58 »
he just did that. way to be observant.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-10 13:36:41 »
if thats possible, perhaps its possible to put the high ress cloud in instead of the low res one :)

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-10 15:58:48 »
iirc, you cna swap pretty muhc anything... assuming its the same format, of course

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-10 22:35:23 »
Quote from: Darkness
he just did that. way to be observant.

I never was very useful  :P

Nom_Anor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-04-11 03:53:53 »
OR you can just use a prog mod and set your char up with that sword be4 the battle ;-)

Contra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-04-11 04:31:19 »
There is no simple way to give Cloud the Masamune through proper or trainer type rouytes. The reason is that the sword models are stored within the character models, and the Masamune *isn't*. To call a weapon, the weapon item calls a weapon model # between 1 and 16. Say I were to use a hack to equip barrets gattling gun weapon (Item, not model) on cloud. He would get all thee stats associated with it. Then get into battle. It would call for weapon model 1. Clouds Weapon 1 is the Buster Sword., Hence it would display the buster sword, but have the Gattling gun's stats. I replaced the buster sword model with the masamune model, so the buster sword's stats haven't changed at all, but the in-battle model it uses is now the masamune. Simple gameshark-type memory hacks can't do things like that.

-Contra-
PS: To the avatar nazis (Teasing) I will have a smaller one up soon, don't worry.

[Edit:] I'm pretty sure you *could* put in the high-res cloud. I might try it.

[Edit 2] Okay, I did it. It's hard o tell, but this:

...is the high-resolution cloud model.

-Contra-

Nom_Anor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-04-12 03:51:39 »
alright... I've been pwnd.  I stand corrected ^_^

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-04-12 07:07:13 »
PLEASE TELL ME HOW!

pwease, pwetty pwease!!!

in here or pm, or upload the file somewhere, but I NEED HIGH RESS CLOUD!

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #14 on: 2004-04-12 07:11:16 »
Kickass!

Do you wanna tell us how its done Contra? hehe

Im a n00b so at editiing this game (i can just about Cosmo and leviathan) so is there a simpler way to do it?

DD

fa_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2004-04-12 14:54:38 »
@Contra you could use a patch engine like patchFX to create a cloud high res patch. the patchfx engine is easy to use and produces a small patch because it only stores the changes of the file.

ps. cloud high res rox

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #16 on: 2004-04-12 15:00:06 »
I am so far behind i didnt even know there was a high res cloud model.. What does that tell you ;)

It looks very awesome though..

I havent even had ff installed on my pc now for a long time.. been too busy..

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #17 on: 2004-04-12 17:35:21 »
Yeah, I think the high-res Cloud model only shows up in the end of the game, after you beat the last boss and have the Cloud vs. Seph fight where Cloud uses Omnislash.

Replacing the model should work great, as long as the new high res model works fine with all of the various animations (using magic, limit breaks, etc.).  I don't think there would be a problem.  It might look a little out of place next to the other low-res models, though.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2004-04-12 19:37:27 »
who cares, high ress cloud 4 teh win :D

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2004-04-14 09:11:56 »
I don't think there would be a problem. It might look a little out of place next to the other low-res models, though

Unless someone were to edit the other battle models and skins (of the characters, at least) to make them slightly more detailed (WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE!)

And to be honest, I'm surprised High-rez Cloud isn't much bigger.  Maybe it was just the camera angle in the final sequence, but he looked like he'd be at least 1.5 times bigger than his normal battle model.

Which begs the Question: YTF did square even BOTHER with the lower-detail model once they had the high-res one?

Anyways, yes, I'd like to see a patch... though make sure it's easilly reversable: I might freak out my site visitors when i post battle screens and all of a sudden Cloud looks different =P

[EDIT] oh, how sweet this'll look with AA enabled... ^_^

Contra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2004-04-15 00:49:05 »
Blargh! I had a ton of stuff typed up, but my browser crashed.

Let me paraphrase.

I am going to make a patch with LGP tools.

Because it uses vactor shading instead of skins, the only way to make better models would be to make all new models.

The reason, I think, that they don't use it all the time, is that it's far to much for a playstation to run, with the rest of the stuff in some battles.

Lastly, it does do all the things the low res model does. My assupmtion is that the programmers, instead of making an all new skeleton/animation, simply copied the same skeleton/animation from the low res model. (They have the same number of objects in them, the only missing files the large one doesn't have aren't objects, I don't know what they are.) This lead me to an epiphany.

All the animations are identical, but the models aren't. Could the files be compared? If they could, maybe we could find the animations, and figure out how they are stored!

But it's just a thought.

-Contra-

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2004-04-15 06:22:55 »
So you're saying that in addition to making Cloud hold the masamune, you could also make him ATTACK like Sephiroth, once you've decoded the animation info?

That'd be sweet.  Then maybe we can make people's animations better: I can't STAND using Vincent, only becasue he skips around like a fairy when he attacks.. but if his battle motions can be edited to something a bit more masculine and cool... I just might start using him ^_^

Contra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2004-04-15 13:12:21 »
All I'm saying is that we, as in everyone in this forum, havn't the slightest idea how the battle animations are stored, and finding them would be a major breakthrough.

Once the animations are figured out, yes, we could edit them, we could make our own models for the game, once an editor was developed that supported the animations, we would have quite a bit more ability when it came to these things... (And leviathan would be able to show *moving* monsters)

-Contra

« Reply #23 on: 2004-04-16 23:23:41 »
Quote from: Contra
All I'm saying is that we, as in everyone in this forum, havn't the slightest idea how the battle animations are stored, and finding them would be a major breakthrough.

Au contraire! phaeron essentially figured all that out 2 years ago. What's annoyed me is that no one with the skill has bothered to release an editor. Sure, a little hacking and futzing around is still necessary, but the hard part's already been done.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2004-04-17 03:00:39 »
I thought mirex added it to biturn?