Author Topic: Restoring the missing 'Omnislash' sound...  (Read 2796 times)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Restoring the missing 'Omnislash' sound...
« on: 2004-09-08 17:29:00 »
Hi!

As many of you will know there was a sound missing from the PC version of FFVII that was in the PSX version... it is when Cloud uses his 'Omnislash' limit break. He holds his sword up and there is meant to be a sound played when it flashes but it's not in the PC version for some reason... maybe because the sounds overlap or something? Anyways, do you think it would be possible to restore this sound to the game... or is that too complex?  :-?

xeriouxi.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-08 21:47:37 »
Yeah, i noticed that, too.  Though I'm sure sounds in ff7 CAN overlap.  I may be wrong, though.  However, i would assume the "new sound" would cut off the "old sound", and not visa versa.

What someone would need to do is get the sound info from the psx version and compare it side-by side with the pc version.  I'm sure the sound is IN the game somewhere, however, it may have gotten corrupted, or possibly misnamed.

Or maybe use ff7snd by fice and just listed to all the sounds till you find it,, but that would involve knowing exactly what you're looking for, and as i never played ff7 on the playstation, i don't think I'd be of much help here... *shrugs*

Also, i dunno how many people had decoded the DAT file format for us to properly edit it so we could get the sound working again...

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-09 03:11:04 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
Yeah, i noticed that, too.  Though I'm sure sounds in ff7 CAN overlap.  I may be wrong, though.  However, i would assume the "new sound" would cut off the "old sound", and not visa versa.

What someone would need to do is get the sound info from the psx version and compare it side-by side with the pc version.  I'm sure the sound is IN the game somewhere, however, it may have gotten corrupted, or possibly misnamed.

Or maybe use ff7snd by fice and just listed to all the sounds till you find it,, but that would involve knowing exactly what you're looking for, and as i never played ff7 on the playstation, i don't think I'd be of much help here... *shrugs*

Also, i dunno how many people had decoded the DAT file format for us to properly edit it so we could get the sound working again...

I wonder if limit breaks are scripted, if so the script might be broken or the game engine might be broken at that point.  I think there are several places where the PC version of the script engine is broken.  I wonder if it's the same thing on each bug in the PC (one of those random evil thoughts) :)

Cyb