Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 568882 times)

dragonhead

• View Profile
Re: [Release] NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #925 on: 2008-01-05 18:02:21 »
hey super cool 330? I tried your solution for the patch but it don't work for me... I tried everything but nothing seems to work I got it to work once but now it dosnt work at all plz I need help someone message me or something

supercool330

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 2008-01-06 15:14:41 »
Hi Dragonhead,

My previous post wasn't really a solution, it was just a walkthrough to apply the patch to a non-us version of the game.  I hadn't seen your problem before and I'm not totally sure how to help you.  I noticed you were also posting int the reunion patch form and I know that if you try to apply both reunion and NPCRP it can cause problems.  I would suggest grabbing a fresh char.lgp from your CD and just applying NPCRP (because it is better than reunion).  If you are using a non-us version of the game than move world and chocobo out of there respective folders exactly as I described earlier.  If your using the us version than follow that walkthrough but don't move those two files.  If you posted exactly what patches you are using and what problems you are having it would make it easier to figure out what is going wrong.

On the blinking thing I figured out that the opcode is only used in a few select scripts to turn blinking off and that it can't really be used to just turn of blinking in general.  I didn't really understand your previous post Borde, I have never done any 3D modeling and know virtually nothing about the FFVII model files.  I'm am not against learning though so if you could give a little more detail that would be great.

iamenrique

« Reply #927 on: 2008-01-08 02:41:48 »
Alright...got a problem. 

It took me a while to figure out how to do this exactly right, before finding the tutorial of course.  Though, now that I have, I still have a teensy problem. 

I've installed/uninstalled both the reunion patch, and bordes NPC reconstruction patch and got the same result.  A re-skinned cloud on the world map...but old blocky klunky cloud(and everyone else) in every other area(town, cave, etc..).  The only thing that has changed is cloud on the world map. 

So, my question is this- have you heard of this before, do you know what the problem is?  If not, do you think I may have a eff'ed up char.lgp to begin with?  Thats what im leaning for, but I hope I dont have to go through lots of hassle to get the original bac so im asking here first.  Any ideas?

EDIT:

Can anyone tell me what filesize edited and unedited char.lgp should be?
« Last Edit: 2008-01-08 02:44:52 by iamenrique »

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 2008-01-08 10:56:48 »
Are you repacking the Char.lgp after you run the patch?

iamenrique

« Reply #929 on: 2008-01-08 16:39:45 »
Yes, i've repacked it.   Cloud has changed on the world map but that is it.

I have like 4 different sized char.lgp files in the recylcle bin/backup/and field folders.  Can anyone tell me what size the char.lgp file should be after the patch is installed.

supercool330

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 2008-01-09 16:21:03 »
61,614,106 bytes

iamenrique

« Reply #931 on: 2008-01-10 22:11:56 »
thanks! Find the right one! Working perfectly.

Zmaster

« Reply #932 on: 2008-01-14 20:52:12 »
Nope it ready to come-out

The testers did have some bug's but we fixed them.
I'm just waiting till the new year

Its January 14th, 2008 and yet I dont see the patch updated. Did you guys ran into a snag or somthin?

bew_target

« Reply #933 on: 2008-01-14 23:21:47 »
Hey guys,

I am a computer noob and I'm having trouble installing the patch. First and foremost, do I create new field and char folders (because they aren't in the FF7 folder)? Also, do I get the char.lgp straight off the disc? Doing this I got to step 4, successfully patching everything, but I don't understand the last step. How do I create a new char.lgp, and where do I put it? And i just delete the char folder?

Please help, I really want to try this out!

iamenrique

« Reply #934 on: 2008-01-15 13:21:52 »
Yay!  Got mine to work.  Awesome stuff fellas.

Now, bew_target, For the patch to work, all the files must be saved to the hard drive.  Therefore, you must have the "maximum install."  You cant use the patch if you are running the game off the CD because you need to rewrite files. 

In order for this to work, I think you have to reinstall the game using the "maximum install" option where you copy the CD's contents to your hard drive.  I would suggest you back up your saves (copy/pasting your save game folder to another location and then putting it back once your done installing) so you dont have to start everything over- unless you dont care.

Once you have everything installed to the hard drive- follow the steps -

-make a 'backup' folder and copy your char.lgp into it, in case you mess up and need the original file.
-Create a 'char' folder within the 'field' folder
-Use lgp tools to unpack the contents of char.lgp into the 'char' folder
-Run the patch
-Use lgp tools to 'create new' you then find the new 'char' folder that has just been patched. 
-Then you choose the place to save it(field folder is a good place) and save it as char2.lgp
-Replace the old char.lgp with the new one(delete the old char.lgp and rename char2.lgp to char.lgp

that should work.

bew_target

« Reply #935 on: 2008-01-16 01:27:08 »
Thanks, man, it's working great!

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 2008-01-17 09:34:40 »
man 17th of jan still the new year right?

cant wait for a new version looks great. but Tifa's face looks funny. :S

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 2008-01-17 14:52:21 »
I will be trying to get the next one out. This weekend

As the new patch will have none of the errors and a new name.

I'm asking can a mod close this topic.

Will make a new topic for the new patch

Gass

« Reply #938 on: 2008-01-17 16:34:57 »

I'm asking can a mod close this topic.

Will make a new topic for the new patch

I'm glad to hear that  :-D

AlkoholiX

« Reply #939 on: 2008-01-18 07:28:19 »
First of all: Hi everybody!
I'm German, so sorry for my (hopefully not so) bad English! :wink:

THX for this very beautiful Patch!!!

Is it possible to Install the new Patch completely on German version, or must i (we) install the Patch without the changes to "Gchocobo.lgp"(chocobo.lgp) and "world_gm.lgp"(world_us.lgp)?

Greetings AlkoholiX
« Last Edit: 2008-01-18 07:30:22 by AlkoholiX »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 2008-01-18 10:51:38 »
Great news ice_cold513!
I'd like to remind everyone that ice_cold513 is working alone currently (yes, we are evil  :evil:), so don't push him.

iProd

« Reply #941 on: 2008-01-18 16:50:09 »
Ok... When I first downloaded the NPC Reconstruction Project and followed the instructions the NPC RP v0.6 worked on my char.lgp but repacking was an issue... so I immediately thought it was because of the "faulty" XP 1.4 patch! So I uninstalled everything... then I reinstalled and tried it again... well when I tried it again it all of a sudden didn't work! And I get this error:

I don't understand why this would be happening when I deleted the whole thing of my computer and then re-installed it again...btw I have Ultima Edition! hopefully someone has the same issues!!
« Last Edit: 2008-01-18 17:08:42 by iProd »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #942 on: 2008-01-18 17:39:40 »
btw I have Ultima Edition! hopefully someone has the same issues!!
Hopefully not.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 2008-01-18 17:58:15 »
HEHE you have not seen the new patch and what it will do to Ultima Edition muhaha

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2008-01-18 18:53:42 »
...btw I have Ultima Edition! hopefully someone has the same issues!!

Ah, well you might as well give up all hope on anyone helping you with your stolen game.

iProd

« Reply #945 on: 2008-01-18 21:49:09 »
Damn all these flamers!! WTF! Half of you prolly downloaded it from torrents...so don't get on here flaming me like "ultima edition" is just something I got...like many people out there I have FF7 for PSone, I mean who doesn't! Why bother ripping/backing it up on the computer when you got other people who done it for you? Fuck that! Well even without the up'd graphics it is very playable and a great game...just wanted to see how how it would look! And before you flame this post, realize there is about 70 other posts that I've seen with people saying "get it from torrents"...

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #946 on: 2008-01-18 22:00:12 »
Damn all these flamers!! WTF! Half of you prolly downloaded it from torrents...so don't get on here flaming me like "ultima edition" is just something I got...like many people out there I have FF7 for PSone, I mean who doesn't! Why bother ripping/backing it up on the computer when you got other people who done it for you? f*** that! Well even without the up'd graphics it is very playable and a great game...just wanted to see how how it would look! And before you flame this post, realize there is about 70 other posts that I've seen with people saying "get it from torrents"...
Well, "STICKY: We do NOT support downloaded copies of games!" sounds quite self-explanatory to me. And it's not exactly about pirating the game. It's about the problems the pirated copy might give. I played through lots of people when they came to this forum for help, or simply emailed me. After a while, I asked each and every one of them if they could state the specs of their system, and the "version" of FF7 they used. ~70% used the pirated copy, either the Ultima one, or some with removed everything that could be removed. Surprised?

So, it's not only about piracy, it's about the problems the game gives to you, because it's pirated.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2008-01-18 22:59:30 »
Damn all these flamers!! WTF! Half of you prolly downloaded it from torrents...so don't get on here flaming me like "ultima edition" is just something I got...like many people out there I have FF7 for PSone, I mean who doesn't! Why bother ripping/backing it up on the computer when you got other people who done it for you? f*** that! Well even without the up'd graphics it is very playable and a great game...just wanted to see how how it would look! And before you flame this post, realize there is about 70 other posts that I've seen with people saying "get it from torrents"...

Way to sign up and immediately begin to bash older users and crap all over this topic... I won't even bother picking apart your feeble argument for piracy.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 2008-01-18 23:50:57 »
I miss the old "Warez User" tag from the old forum.  Would come in handy right now.  :-D

Quote from: ice_cold513
HEHE you have not seen the new patch and what it will do to Ultima Edition muhaha

I believe you said you got Ultima for this very purpose, right?  Please post screenshots of whatever it does, after a few people experience it of course.  :evil:

Synergy Blades

« Reply #949 on: 2008-01-18 23:59:14 »
Closing the topic at the request of the thread author, ice_cold513.