Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 422237 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #50 on: 2005-04-25 23:49:11 »
Yes, but it's only Cloud and half of jessie (who unused modesl still in ff7s data files).  This patch is taking the battle models and plopping them in the field

Kedohin

« Reply #51 on: 2005-04-26 07:28:29 »
Where I could get such a patch would be nice to know =P

EDIT: never mind.. I need to keep checking that FAQ more often.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005-04-27 00:31:14 »
Ok I plan on releasing my latest work by this weekend. I will also include the low-res Cloud model.

New Shinra uniforms...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/dc5b2d21.jpg
Sephiroth!!(may not be included...first build kind of sckechy...)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/d2b95d3a.jpg

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #53 on: 2005-04-27 04:41:15 »
Fantastic work Reunion! 8)I'm very, very impressed with what you've been able to do! :o I'm glad I checked the site tonight!  

Please keep up the amazing work, and good luck with everything! :D

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005-04-27 08:00:50 »
Yeah, sephys arms need improvement =P  They need to be longer ^_^

Man, keep going, this is the coolest thing that's happened to ff7 in a while ^_^

Canim

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005-04-27 08:29:30 »
now I have again desire to to play good work further so "our hero"  :D

wbw Canim

corpse

• View Profile
Bug?
« Reply #56 on: 2005-04-27 22:49:36 »
I think I may have found a bug?

Its at aries house, the flash back to nibelheim, cloud lying on a bed talking to mum.

Anyway when the flashback ends FF7 crashes, the only way to get past the crash is to replace the modified char.lgp with the original.

This may only occur on my system, but I thought I would let you know reunion.

OmegaWeapon

Re: Bug?
« Reply #57 on: 2005-04-27 23:09:11 »
Quote from: corpse
I think I may have found a bug?

Its at aries house, the flash back to nibelheim, cloud lying on a bed talking to mum.

Anyway when the flashback ends FF7 crashes, the only way to get past the crash is to replace the modified char.lgp with the original.

This may only occur on my system, but I thought I would let you know reunion.

That same thing happend to me while I was using the low res model....it crashed at the part where Cloud is far back in the darkness and Tifa is trying to run towards him....and the only way to get around it was to put back the original.. :z

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005-04-27 23:22:13 »
That scene works fine for me so i don't know whats going on... Besides if the model can load in one area should it not be able to load in all areas??
Well try patching it with a fresh copy of the char.lgp if that doesn't work my new release with the lighing may help. thanks for telling me

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005-04-28 04:34:10 »
Have you figured out (or heck, merely have any ideas on) a way to get the new models to be correctly sized relative to the field backgrounds?  I would think it would merely be a case of making each individual poly of the models smaller, but then again that may have an adverse affect on the amount of detail we can see...... :roll:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005-04-28 21:01:45 »
Or you could shrink the troso, arms and legs and have hi-res SD models :-P.
I don't know how are you doing the patch exactly, but it sound kidna hard to shrink the models.
I think the most noticiable problem is the Y axis missplacement. Would it be very hard to put the model a bit higher? It would still go through the celing, but that situation is no very usual.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005-04-29 03:30:09 »
Alright, (Possibly) stupid question here:  What's an "SD Model"? :lol:

-edit-

:o New bug alert!! :o

Apparently, with the hi-res model patch, you can get stuck between the Chocobo Sage and his desk, because it seems that the model's size is just too big to squeeze between him and the desk.  So, when you wind up getting to the left of him, you can't get back out, as far as I know.

Of course, one would think that you couldn't get to the left of him in the first place because of that.  However, it seems like when I talked to him, the game made cloud do a scripted walk to position himeself the left of the Sage, bypassing the whole "can't get through" thing that would have prevented you from getting in this situation to begin with.

Pandalicious

« Reply #62 on: 2005-04-29 04:33:19 »
Please release what you have so far. I'd love to play with the battle models (even unlit) in my ff7...

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005-04-29 05:44:35 »
SD means "Super deformed", which is how the characters already are (with big heads and such).

Though, don't.  You've alreayd put in oo much work making them normal sized... if someoen wants high res SD models, they can make 'em themselves =P

Beautiful_Intended

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005-04-29 13:17:07 »
I'm looking forward to play with this patch

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005-04-29 20:48:20 »
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/5c5bbab4.jpg
Can I ask why you want the low-res model?

I need some info on how the animation files work. It may help to raise the model up to were it sould be. I don't believe resizing the the model will fix anything. As far as I am concerned the the models size is very close to were it should be. Also in resizing you need to keep the aspect ratio just as you would in resizing a picture. If not your model would be "super deformed" as people call it.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005-04-29 23:46:56 »
New Crash Alert!!  :P  

Teh Gelnika crashes when you enter it with the hi-res cloud.  Even worse, its doing it in Win98, so this isn't another XP-related annoyance.  :(

But, I have a theory for why it's crashing there.

Based on what I've read in this thread, it appears the game will crash if one of the player characters somehow gets placed outside of the "Walkmesh" (the area on the field screens that's defined as where the characters can move around.

Now, when you enter the Gelnika, you're placed on a latter, and probably extremely close to the edge of the walkmesh. The normal models work fine because they're small enough to not go "over the edge".  With the hi-res cloud, it could be that the increased size is just enough to spill out over the walkmesh, triggering the crash.

As far as the other crash areas reported are concerned, something similar may be going on there as well.  I don't know if fixing the alignment of the field backgrounds and the hi-res models will help, but it could help fix the problem -- or, for that matter, modifying the walkmesh data to account for the increased size of the models.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005-04-30 00:50:29 »
The Gelnika area works fine on my pc which on xp... We probably don't want to mess with the "Walkmesh". Since it was never changed  it is going to be correct. I'll we have to is place the model higher on the walkmesh plain.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005-04-30 18:12:08 »
hmm Cloud doesn't seem to use aafe.a for his default standing animation. Does anybody know which one he really uses?

Kedohin

« Reply #69 on: 2005-04-30 18:46:21 »
Quote from: Reunion
Can I ask why you want the low-res model?

That was an honest mistake in the way I typed it out. I meant if you were going to replace the low res battle model with the high res battle model for battles. I then came back and posted that I found the already released patch for this, sorry for the confusion... =\

MOD EDIT: No need to quote pictures...

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005-05-01 01:01:29 »
hmm Cloud doesn't seem to use aafe.a for his default standing animation. Does anybody know which one he really uses?

Default standing animation?  IMO, it looks like the model already does a pretty good job of standing still on the field screens -- and and far as animation is concerned, I've noticed that he DOES indeed blink, just like all the other characters do when they're standing still.....

....Or are you talking about battle animations? :oops:  :roll:

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005-05-01 21:44:59 »
Well yes it is correct but it's root is set about 10 below where the new hi-res cloud need to be placed on the walkmesh. Cloud seems to use two or more animations files for his standing position.

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005-05-01 22:37:30 »
Wow. Very impressive what you've done here. But I'm wondering if it will be a bit glitchy with the models being that size. E.g. at the end of Disc 1 when Cloud carries Aeris, will the models fit together correctly?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005-05-01 22:44:33 »
Well yes it is correct but it's root is set about 10 below where the new hi-res cloud need to be placed on the walkmesh. Cloud seems to use two or more animations files for his standing position.

I'd bet the animations files are used for the blinking he does, then.  If that is the case, perhaps it might help to see if you can find which files his face textures (open eyes, closed eyes) are linked to....

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005-05-02 22:23:53 »
I don't think that will help much. All the characters use the same blinking texture. Besides that how will textures tell me what animation files are being used? The blinking is not an animation only a change in textures. I'm talking about the model movements...