Author Topic: Cosmo.... =)  (Read 7237 times)

tulkk

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« on: 2001-04-13 22:42:00 »
I love cosmo, and I can see that i'm not alone. I've been thinking about a feature that would be neat... hm... *correction* it would be awsome..  :wink: a FF7-3D model exporter and importer, so you could for an ex. import a model into 3DSMAX and then edit it and export it back into the game. I know it would be hard with the animations and all.. but since Qhimm already made a great plugin for 3DSMAX (discontinued?) there's a lot of source and stuff for ficedula to get his hands on  :wink:

Remember this is an idea, don't let a lameass like me ask you to do things that struck my lil mind.. heh... jus givin my opinion to an already great proggie..

Another thing that crossed my mind.. I think we should pay a great deal of respect and honour (taaada!) to Qhimm and Fice... I'm not saying we don't, just that they deserve it  :)

Thanks Fice and Qhimm
*^_^*

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #1 on: 2001-04-13 23:12:00 »
I could probably let you export a .P file to 3dsMax. Might even be able to let you import one back in again. Remember though that a .P file is just one bone...not the whole model (not for people anyway). Editing that wouldn't affect the animation at all (animation is just how each bone is positioned relative to the *other* bones). I don't really know much about the 3d file formats though, so editing anything else...

Praise much appreciated though ^_^

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #2 on: 2001-04-14 00:17:00 »
hey this belongs in the other topic, respect for Qhimm&Fice? ive been a fan for agessss....  :wink:

tulkk

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #3 on: 2001-04-14 02:55:00 »
Wow!  :) that's sounds kewl.. heh, if you implant that feature, Cosmo will move even closer to a perfect ff7 editor*^^*

...it truly are a great proggie, so you deserve the compliments.. =)

Skillster: hehe...  :wink:

ficedula

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #4 on: 2001-04-15 15:52:00 »
Domo arigato ^_^

I've uploaded Cosmo 0.9. No 3d export/import I'm afraid but pretty much everything else is improved.

tulkk

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #5 on: 2001-04-15 23:19:00 »
douitashimashite ficesama ^^;

kewlers... dl it right away  :)

Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #6 on: 2001-04-16 16:45:00 »
Ficedula: Pretty darn cool. Makes my job a heckuva lot easier.  :wink: The Background Editor takes about 10 minutes to load on my P166.  :(
Keep up the good work. Can't wait for whatever's next.

ficedula

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #7 on: 2001-04-26 17:47:00 »
Cosmo 0.91 uploaded. No major changes, I'm afraid, just more bug fixes.

Mwahaha! I have FREE TIME now my exams are over (for a while, at least!).

Mental note: Must find my tape with "Free Time" on it today and play repetitively...

Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #8 on: 2001-04-27 02:47:00 »
And there was much rejoicing.

Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #9 on: 2001-05-04 02:39:00 »
Alright Ficedula! Their may not be many improvements, but I especially love the improved speed and reduced memory usage (critical on the P166 with 48MB RAM).

ficedula

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #10 on: 2001-05-04 19:09:00 »
No problem  :) Incidentally, DO you notice better speed/memory usage? It seemed to be better on my PC, but I've more than 4x as much RAM as you so I've got no way of knowing how it performs on low-end machines...

Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #11 on: 2001-05-05 02:44:00 »
I do. It used to take about 2 minutes to load flevel.lgp, now it takes at least 10 seconds less. After the LGP loads, the first location I open still takes a minute or so to display, but now the rest of my computer doesn't slow to a crawl, it only slows down a fair amount. Before, I couldn't have more than one or two other programs running with Cosmo, but now I can have 5 or 6 and things will still be relatively "lag" free.

[This message has been edited by Srethron Askvelhtnod (edited May 04, 2001).]

ficedula

• View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #12 on: 2001-05-06 18:29:00 »
Oh, good. I made changes that should have resulted in better memory usage ... but it's hard to tell when you've got 100MB+ free anyway.

Even still, that speed isn't amazing on your computer. Ouch. Then again, I suppose it is on the low-end of the FF7 spec.

Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #13 on: 2001-05-07 20:50:00 »
Yeah, when you have a machine this dated, *any* improvement whatsoever is a very good thing.  :) Yeah, I did have almost the bare minimum requirements to run FF7 without a 3D card. Now that my 4X cd drive has died and been replaced with a 2X, I'm below. At least I'm supposed to get a new laptop in about a month. Unfortunately, it looks like it will have Windows ME.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #14 on: 2001-05-08 08:58:00 »
Well hell man.. Win ME Sucks.. just scrape it off with all its glorious ME resin and put in win 98 ... its not that hard...i personally am gonna try to hang in with 98 SE for a long time... cuz IT WORKS... and if its not broken.. dont try to fix the damn thing.. let alone upgrade in the computer world...

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #15 on: 2001-05-09 01:10:00 »
I prefer Win2K.

*sigh*

Too bad FF7 & 8 both don't.

---Edit---

(I figured I'd better put this disclaimer here.)

Sorry if If this is an irrelevant post.

[This message has been edited by TiadaghtonDude (edited May 08, 2001).]

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #16 on: 2001-05-09 03:40:00 »
correction:
FF7 & 8 DO work but only to a certain extent:
ff7, will run in software, will usually crash randomly in feild locations and in menus. on the world map its fine.
ff8, runs goood, too good   :D, i ONLY play it in win2k, (hardware SBLive! acceleration is cool)

[This message has been edited by The Skillster (edited May 08, 2001).]

Cosmo.... =)
« Reply #17 on: 2001-05-12 02:46:00 »
Caddberry: No argument there. But it's a leased machine (so it's free, but not really mine), and I don't exactly get to pick and choose. What I get is what I get.