Author Topic: Bandwidth issues on the new design  (Read 11449 times)

Anonymous

Bandwidth issues on the new design
« Reply #25 on: 2001-10-07 10:51:00 »
Message!

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2001-10-07 14:46:00 »
Can you optimize a phpBB on another host's server?

Say host.sk?

My phpBB board is running quite slow compared to Qhimm's board, is it because this board is hosted by The Saint on nextff.com? (main factor??) or it is because Qhimm's tweaks here and there?

Well, any secrets to share on making a phpBB go faster on a free host site?

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2001-10-07 14:50:00 »
Well, I compressed all my images in my phpBB with an Image Compressor, all of it are either 30% - 40% smaller in size~

My fonts are small..saves my loading time..besides that I can't see why my board is running slow..

My board has only less than 3 members registered (new board) and it's already running slow...what more if more than 20 - 30 new members register??  ::blank::

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2001-10-07 14:57:00 »

On 2001-10-06 18:22, ficedula wrote:

Though I have to say I'm not too happy about losing NS 4.x compatibility simply because that's the ONLY browser our university network has (well, other than Lynx, but that's even worse...) I know, it IS crap, but I don't have a choice about that...
...I mean I'll survive, I can just access the board from home, but it'd be nice to be able to check it while I'm in uni :wink:

Most of my College PC's use Netscape as well.
Netscape 4.0 in fact :sad:
Don't worry the site runs well on Netscape, just some stuff like instant smilies & the formatting bbcode don't work.
Compatibility wise, Qhimm's new design seems to be working well on NS6
The "new" version of NextFF's forums will be too, cause TheDragonmaster uses only Netscape so I'm being forced to make it compatible. :sad: