Author Topic: Figuring out file formats  (Read 21262 times)

rmco2003

Re: Figuring out file formats
« Reply #50 on: 2006-07-28 19:47:11 »
Thanks again tonberry for your help, I was just wondering if anyone could spare some time to help me with some other file formats? There's some more formats for the game that I need help decoding, but mainly the ANI files that accompany the SPR files. I'd like to put together some sort of viewer for the game's various files so if anyone has some spare time could they look at these different formats?

There are 3 formats for the maps, named
.MAP
.OBJ
.TIL

and then there's the .ANI files for the sprites.

I'll start with what I have found, which is basically signatures.

In the .MAP files, it starts off with the text string "MAP1", followed by another text string which seems to be related maybe to other .MAP files that it requires.

In the .OBJ files, it starts off with the signature "DCOBJECT0.01", it is then padded by 14 bytes of the value "00", then there is data relating to the file for 8 bytes, and then there is further padding with the value "01", however it often has the value "00" mixed in with this padding too.

In the .TIL files, it starts off with the signature "DCTITLE0.03" followed by 2 bytes of padding with the value "00". There is then 6 bytes of data relating to the file, and then padding follows with the value "00004000".

In the .ANI files, it starts off with the signature "DCANIMATION0.5" followed immediately by the name of the SPR file it is related to, with no padding in between. It then has either data seperated by padding, or the whole thing is padding, but there is some repeating data after this.

I've uploaded samples of the files, and I've included the SPR files that relate to the ANI files.

The link to download the samples is from http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/sub.zip

I'd really appreciate some help, mirex you said you looked briefly at the ANI files, do you think you could help with them?

[EDIT]

Could someone help me out please?
« Last Edit: 2006-08-19 14:31:26 by rmco2003 »