Author Topic: FF7 music problem - THIS MAY NEVER END  (Read 1983 times)

DonFrankie

FF7 music problem - THIS MAY NEVER END
« on: 2006-12-14 20:02:27 »
Okay, I get past the freaking cutscene the game was stuck at with the help of GYPT. (wonderful program) It took a while, because I was wholly unfamiliar with RAR. But enough of that. Now I can't get any ingame music to play. Nothin'. I go into Config, thinking, well, what a doofus I am. The music's off. I try to turn on the music, and it says, right where the little music-change bar thingy is, "not supported".

WTF.

So here I am again, trying to figure this one out. You wonderful people helped me out before, now I how some similar miracle may occur.

Also, the backup copy that YAMP created freaks out when I try to go into the menu. (backup.FF7.exe has encountered a fatal error...) But there's no music there either. Plus, Ctrl+Q (for quit) no longer works, for some odd reason.

Any and all help is ecstatically appreciated.

MOD EDIT: You know, "THIS MAY NEVER END" isn't really very descriptive topic. :P
« Last Edit: 2006-12-14 20:57:49 by Jari »

Vehek

• View Profile
Re: FF7 music problem - THIS MAY NEVER END
« Reply #1 on: 2006-12-14 23:31:16 »
What midi device is set in FF7config?

It should work with any FMV. You can check if it is installed correctly:
To make that window appear:
Code: [Select]
- press "Ctrl" and hold it
 - press "Q"
 - release "Q"
 - release "Ctrl"
« Last Edit: 2006-12-15 00:04:52 by Vehek »

DonFrankie

« Reply #2 on: 2006-12-15 19:01:52 »
Well, never mind. I got it to work, altho I have no idea how...  :-D I messed with FF7 (I have no idea why I didn't think of that) and the music is playing now. Thanks a bunch for the solution to Ctrl+Q.

It still says that music is not supported under the ingame Config... I guess I'll have to mess with it some more.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-12-16 17:57:17 »
You mean volume setup in the ingame config?
You may try to choose different MIDI device in ff7config.exe... if you can't change the volume in test area, you won't change it in game neither.