Author Topic: Ripping Dirge of Cerberus  (Read 27168 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Ripping Dirge of Cerberus
« Reply #25 on: 2009-07-19 17:14:55 »
I wish I could tell you.  I have DirectX10.  When running the plugin in DirectX10 mode I get nothing, but the game runs very smoothly.  Once I change the plugin to run in DirectX9 hardware mode, I get the same textures I've been getting.

I did have some luck running in software mode.  It captured the main title screen perfectly (colors and all)  I'm just having trouble converting the DDS file.  IRfanview and dds convert won't work for some reason.

I think if you are able to get to the model viewer section in software mode it would rip the textures.  I just can't seem to get that far

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-07-26 03:37:33 »
I believe the issues with the color on those textures you have are a CLUT issue.

I think the textures may  have multiple palettes, one palette for some parts of the texture, and another palette for the other parts. Chrono Cross uses the same MO on its textures...

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-07-26 11:53:39 »
Well i guess it's time....

I figured this out when i used the program texmod on pcsx2 to try and capture the textures.

The textures work JUST like FFX, they are in those horrible palettes. I've managed to merge some of them together, and i had to change the hue of the image by +170.

Zerogs does NOT give a good result for ripping textures, just gives garbage :|

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-07-26 14:13:52 »
oh...my...god....is that....yuffie? WTF DID YOU DO TO HER!!!

Murderer!  :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-07-26 15:07:13 »
Come on, we all felt like that after seeing our spam folders fill up with those messages in Crisis Core  :-D

Anyways, it's nice to see something working. Maybe one day we'll be able to rip Vincent's model and put him in FF7  :wink:

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-07-26 16:01:15 »
Well i guess it's time....

I figured this out when i used the program texmod on pcsx2 to try and capture the textures.

The textures work JUST like FFX, they are in those horrible palettes. I've managed to merge some of them together, and i had to change the hue of the image by +170.

Zerogs does NOT give a good result for ripping textures, just gives garbage :|
Great job! Check out this post...

New info :)"Which model-ripping utility are you using with PCSX2"
3dripper dx + gdx 1.7 for texture and gsplugin for mesh.

and
3dvia printscreen grabs the axis data, so 2 views is unnecessary.

As you can see in the model I uploaded, 3DVia rips 3 separate angles of the model.  All are scaled differently for some reason, and I can't for the life of me get the Z-axis to scale.  It technically is a 3D model and has about 2 dozen different meshes, but this looks like a job for someone more efficient with 3D modeling.
Notice to grab the textures this guy had suggested to use gdx 1.7 (I think the newest is 1.14.  1.7 was the newest at the time of that post)  Using it in DirectX10 with 3DRipperDX will get you nothing, but Directx9 in Software mode seems EXTREMELY promising. Hardware mode can grab stuff, but I couldn't get anything useful off of Chaos.

Then again it seems like texmod may be even better ;)
« Last Edit: 2009-07-26 16:03:17 by obesebear »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-07-26 16:27:32 »
It has a little problem with pcsx2 though...with some textures, it likes to cycle through them, and doesn't let you save them. It's rather annoying, but at least we get some :-)

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-07-26 17:48:23 »
Try running that texture through tile molester and changing the palettes around... I'm positive you'll find a spot that makes the other colors look right while at the same time screwing up the blue and orange.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-08-17 17:59:58 »
Well, although MarioKart64n says 3Dvia is the way to go when ripping models, I can't seem to scale any Z-axis.    2 new posts found...

Vista uses DX10, which should be common knowledge by now

basically that's all vista does is use emulation and backwards compatibility to "fake" dx9 and run dx9 programs. >BUT IT IS NOT TRUE DX9<

essentially, it's impossible on a Vista system.

So now I have to find my old XP boot disc to install on my new computer.

There have also been a few others like this that know how to get models and textures from PCSX2...

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-08-17 18:01:33 »
I do NOT want to see Cerberus models appearing on facepunch. EVER.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-08-17 18:33:05 »
I do NOT want to see Cerberus models appearing on facepunch. EVER.
What?  Why?

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-08-17 18:35:38 »
Will someone please... for the love of god... host a copy of 3DVia Printscreen... It's not longer available on the their site...

I might be able to help with the ripping but I need 3DViaPS...

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-08-17 18:36:21 »
I'd rather not see people take our hard work and rape it. By that i mean re colouring the characters to make new fan ones. Combining characters is even worse. OH GOD CAIT SITH AND YUFFIE MERGED :cry: :-P

Will someone please... for the love of god... host a copy of 3DVia Printscreen... It's not longer available on the their site...

I might be able to help with the ripping but I need 3DViaPS...

I dunno what site your on, but its right here

http://www.3dvia.com/blog/software/3dvia-labs/3dvia-printscreen/

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-08-17 18:39:46 »
Ok wtf... I was just there and the link was busted... I swear... the world just doesn't want me to have PS2 models at all...

The link you posted works... just to be clear.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-08-17 18:52:52 »
Chaos v.1 Download

He was originally detached into a few dozen different parts, and then 3 separate parts from there.  So the few dozen have been attached to each other appropriately. 
All 3 instances have then been scaled to be similar size and closer to the grid for easier manageability.

Satoh, you will also want this...http://www.4shared.com/dir/5807782/1c394251/KoichiSenada.html 3dsmax>>3dsMaxConvertXML>>2008.11.25.   This will convert the files 3Dvia gives you into a .max scene

I'd rather not see people take our hard work and rape it. By that i mean re colouring the characters to make new fan ones. Combining characters is even worse. OH GOD CAIT SITH AND YUFFIE MERGED :cry: :-P

You know, if they could at least get something I would be happy.   As long as SOMEONE can make some progress with these things.

Now back to work on chaos....

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-08-17 19:08:05 »
It has come to my attention that the title of this thread is rather inauspicious. After all, we're just exploring and finding things out about the models from DoC, aren't we? *wink wink*

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-08-17 19:20:17 »
Basically what we're trying to do is catch up to the people that already know how to do this and have posted their findings on other forums, such as www.facepunch.com.    Making the thread about Dirge of Cerberus simply keeps it FF7 related. 
All the tools for what we want to do are already there, and have been successfully used by others, it's just trying to figure out the correct configuration that is the problem.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #42 on: 2009-08-17 19:32:25 »
I would strongly suggest that you take the ripping conversation elsewhere.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-08-17 19:42:58 »
I would strongly suggest that you take the ripping conversation elsewhere.
There is/will be no discussion of putting any models into the game, but very well.

If anyone is interested in continued discussion on this matter, the topic has been moved to another site.  If you would like to be a part of it, send me a PM and I will gladly link you to it.   I will be transferring all the helpful information from this thread to there, so that this one may die a quiet death   :cry:

Edited to remove site link
« Last Edit: 2009-08-17 19:49:11 by obesebear »

ziggurat

« Reply #44 on: 2009-09-14 11:00:49 »
3dripper dx doesn't support a perfect mesh file. i's just preview a front side model. anybody, can give other idea?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-09-14 14:45:22 »
no

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #46 on: 2009-09-14 18:42:40 »