Author Topic: Lighting  (Read 41233 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Lighting
« Reply #50 on: 2009-09-10 16:58:30 »
image2tex by borde will let you use 24 bit textures, look in the programming feedback section

This. I told you to use this before. But make sure you are using aali's driver or no 24bit textures will be shown

edit: er not you hellbringer, this comment is directed at costa

Haha i figured, no problem :-)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-09-10 18:12:01 »
I think Costa's problem is the name of the output file of Img2Tex. If you don't change it explicitly when prompted, it will be the same as the input. So let's say you load a file called xxx.bmp. When you clik on the save button, the save dialog will say the output file is also called xxx.bmp. Thus you should change the name.

Please, keep in mind if the output file has a .bmp extension the resulting file will efectively be a standard windows BMP. Otherwise it will write a TEX file. If the resulting file doesn't work on FF7, please send me both the original and the resulting file and I'll take a closer look. Thanks.

I'd like to state also that 24bit textures work even with the original FF7 engine.They look awful, though, because they are downscaled to 16 bits by the driver. Also the transparency bit is completly ignored. Anyway, I don't see any reason to not use Aali's driver at this time.

By the way, I found out the current version of Kimera uses directional lights instead of Point lights. This is actualy a bug and it's the reason why changing the light position has very little impact. Also, due to this it's not possible to replace the flat shading by some nicer smooth shading. It will be fixed on the next bugfix.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 18:22:02 by Borde »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-09-10 18:15:12 »
I think Costa's problem is the name of the output file of Img2Tex. If you don't change it explicitly when prompted, it will be the same as the input. So let's say you load a file called xxx.bmp. When you clik on the save button, the save dialog will say the output file is also called xxx.bmp. Thus you should change the name.

Please, keep in mind if the output file has a .bmp extension the resulting file will efectively be a standard windows BMP. Otherwise it will write a TEX file. If the resulting file doesn't work on FF7, please send me both the original and the resulting file and I'll take a cloer look. Thanks.

Yeah that might be his problem, i always deleted the extension and put .tex in before i saved it

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-09-10 21:04:31 »
hmm maybe thats my problem but i delete all my stuff so i just made this texture really quick then tried it and still didn't work.

Borde & Sl1982 here are my files that i just made to see if they work maybe you can figure out what i did wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6e0580028f266931111096d429abd360e04e75f6e8ebb871

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-09-11 13:03:57 »
Hello Costa07.

I tried using your texture and it worked flawlessly. Here you you have an image:

The only thing I think could have gone wrong in your in your experiment is the .tex at the end of the filename. Battlefield textures have no .tex extension so instead of "opac.tex" it should be called simply "opac". Hope this helps you.

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-09-11 16:02:12 »
Hello Costa07.

I tried using your texture and it worked flawlessly. Here you you have an image:

The only thing I think could have gone wrong in your in your experiment is the .tex at the end of the filename. Battlefield textures have no .tex extension so instead of "opac.tex" it should be called simply "opac". Hope this helps you.

Good I work very well. continues this way. I wait for the mod.  :evil:

:-D :-D

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-09-11 19:14:46 »
Hello Costa07.

So did you have to delete the .tex or was it already just opac. And if you did how did you delete it cant seem to figure it out

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-09-11 19:27:02 »
When you click save remove the ".bmp" from the end of the file before you save it

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009-09-11 19:55:05 »
When you click save remove the ".bmp" from the end of the file before you save it

Ok it doesn't say .bmp at the end or .tex at then end when i open or save it. It just automatically adds it so how do i delete the.txt

[img=http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5498/60695456.png]

[img=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3371/24737319.png]

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-09-11 19:58:08 »
The save as picture is proper. The file should have no extension

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-09-11 20:02:08 »

But the thing is when i do hit save it automatically gives it the extension .txt Do you thing is cause my computer settings or something or am i a idiot and just doing it wrong

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009-09-11 20:22:34 »

But the thing is when i do hit save it automatically gives it the extension .txt Do you thing is cause my computer settings or something or am i a idiot and just doing it wrong

The delete the extension from the file. If you do it properly windows will say " If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable."

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009-09-11 20:27:06 »

The delete the extension from the file. If you do it properly windows will say " If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable."

Yeah I'm not getting that message from windows but i still don't know what I'm doing wrong. Are you running Vista or no maybe that could be my problem too maybe vista doesn't allow it. Or like i said earlier I'm just being an idiot right now and when if get it right i feel stupid  :-P

EDIT: Like i said i feel like an idiot :-P  I just had to change the folder options and turn hide extensions off so i would be able to delete them. Thanks a lot Borde and Sl1982 for all your help and yet again you seen to amaze me with your knowledge and being right all the time Sl1982.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 21:06:01 by Costa07 »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-09-11 21:05:50 »

Yeah I'm not getting that message from windows but i still don't know what I'm doing wrong. Are you running Vista or no maybe that could be my problem too maybe vista doesn't allow it. Or like i said earlier I'm just being an idiot right now and when if get it right i feel stupid  :-P

Windows 7. Go to windows explorer, then click on organize on the left side. The click folder and search options. Goto the view tab, Make sure hide extensions for known file types is off

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009-09-11 21:13:12 »
Yeah kinda figured it out as you can see i edit my reply before this one But thanks for all your help i really appreciate it

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009-09-11 23:30:12 »
Ahhhh... the old "Hide knows files extension" option. I think i'll never understand why the hell was it ever included. I hate it with passion.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009-09-11 23:43:13 »
Lol I think we share that same hate towards it mad my life misarable for a week now i can get started on my project and see where it goes thanks again

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009-09-12 00:09:44 »
Lol I think we share that same hate towards it mad my life misarable for a week now i can get started on my project and see where it goes thanks again

Its one of the first things i turn off lol

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009-09-12 01:44:53 »

Ah thats why we weren't on the same page you was already on step ahead of me as usual lol  :-P

EDIT:

Check it out and let me know what you think the first battle is about halfway done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UBubewWBv4
« Last Edit: 2009-09-12 08:09:48 by Costa07 »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #69 on: 2009-09-12 14:40:48 »
WAAAAY too bright!

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009-09-12 14:46:31 »

Ah thats why we weren't on the same page you was already on step ahead of me as usual lol  :-P

EDIT:

Check it out and let me know what you think the first battle is about halfway done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UBubewWBv4

Well I think the Light is okay...It's a drastic improvement... compared to the old one... wonder how would it be patched in game..??

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009-09-12 23:04:00 »
WAAAAY too bright!

Thanks for the input i darken it down a little bit.

[/quote]Well I think the Light is okay...It's a drastic improvement... compared to the old one... wonder how would it be patched in game..??
[/quote]

I wil be ass easy ass just opening up the lpg and replacing the files or could just make it like how avalanche patch works

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009-09-12 23:10:35 »
It looks like there's a huge spotlight behind the camera. This battle happens at night, so the effect should be like streetlights (i.e. fairly dark with some big shadows).

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009-09-13 07:35:30 »
WAAAAY too bright!

Well I think the Light is okay...It's a drastic improvement... compared to the old one... wonder how would it be patched in game..??
[/quote]

I wil be ass easy ass just opening up the lpg and replacing the files or could just make it like how avalanche patch works
[/quote]

Wow :-o  if I'm not mistaken...I'm seeing/reading "ass" in there? :?

whats with that?

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009-09-13 09:18:18 »
WAAAAY too bright!

[/quote]

Wow :-o  if I'm not mistaken...I'm seeing/reading "ass" in there? :?

whats with that?
[/quote]

LOL sorry meant as didn't get much sleep the other night been working a lot lately and working on this backgrounds when im not at work