Author Topic: Justin Bieber is Gay  (Read 43291 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: Justin Bieber is Gay
« Reply #25 on: 2010-05-20 18:02:46 »
No, you can delete it, there is an option somewhere on here. Trust me, I've deleted plenty of threads here :P

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-05-20 18:11:29 »
Yeah, so do I.  So uncorroborated and baseless.  I mean, this...

Well all humans in the world should know that the name "Justin Bieber" is another term for gay, lesbian or homosexual. :evil:

Kids, don't take anything from anyone who honestly believes that Zack is superior to Sephiroth...
Just don't :P

But on a more relevant note, why do celebrities always get such snobbish treatment with or without merit?  Why do humans always have to promote someone to idol status, then bring down that same person?  Is it an inferiority complex?  Or is it merely the need to insult someone who everyone knows so that you can have your own destructive in-group of people who agree with you?

Not to troll, but the concept of fame bothers me in that it always seems to come at the price of getting this kind of reception from some people.

Why do you hate the expression of opinions on art? Do you hate FREE SPEECH?

Much more importantly, nikfrozty, why do you hate gay people? YOU HOMOPHOBIC MONSTER.

So yeah what am I doing?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-05-20 19:51:14 »
Yeah, so do I.  So uncorroborated and baseless.  I mean, this...

Well all humans in the world should know that the name "Justin Bieber" is another term for gay, lesbian or homosexual. :evil:

Kids, don't take anything from anyone who honestly believes that Zack is superior to Sephiroth...
Just don't :P

But on a more relevant note, why do celebrities always get such snobbish treatment with or without merit?  Why do humans always have to promote someone to idol status, then bring down that same person?  Is it an inferiority complex?  Or is it merely the need to insult someone who everyone knows so that you can have your own destructive in-group of people who agree with you?

Not to troll, but the concept of fame bothers me in that it always seems to come at the price of getting this kind of reception from some people.

Why do you hate the expression of opinions on art? Do you hate FREE SPEECH?

Much more importantly, nikfrozty, why do you hate gay people? YOU HOMOPHOBIC MONSTER.

So yeah what am I doing?

Being an ass?

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Re: Justin Bieber is [s]Gay[/s] Pretty Lame
« Reply #28 on: 2010-05-20 19:59:29 »
A bit of that yeah but I severely doubt I worsened anyones day so it's all good. Really though I don't suppose this is quite the place to talk about things we hate, although what The Seer of Shadows said really did bother me. He seems to take issue with the whole idea of negative criticism in any context.
Oh and something about how using gay to mean bad is offensive etc etc.
(aww strikethrough doesn't work in a post title?)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 2010-05-20 20:02:09 »
Great thread!!!!???!!!?!!!

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-05-20 22:55:24 »
A bit of that yeah but I severely doubt I worsened anyones day so it's all good. Really though I don't suppose this is quite the place to talk about things we hate, although what The Seer of Shadows said really did bother me. He seems to take issue with the whole idea of negative criticism in any context.

Doesn't look like it.

What bothers me about this thread is the fact that Justin Bieber is a 16-year old male who genetically looks and sounds younger.  Probably the main reason why he is popular is that he is just so adorable.  What kind of base is that for negative criticism?  What's he going to do, try and grow older faster?  It's like someone declaring you gay because you have a major acne problem.  Why insult Justin for what he naturally is?  He still has the right to spend his life doing what he wants to do.  Stop exploiting free speech and just leave him alone :(

"Negative criticism is fine, destructive criticism is not" is basically what I'm trying to say.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-05-20 23:44:54 »
Stop bashing him. If you think he's gay then just don't listen to him or don't pay attention to him.

I could post a thread about how I think you're gay and what would that solve? Nothing.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-05-21 01:01:34 »

Doesn't look like it.

What bothers me about this thread is the fact that Justin Bieber is a 16-year old male who genetically looks and sounds younger.  Probably the main reason why he is popular is that he is just so adorable.  What kind of base is that for negative criticism?  What's he going to do, try and grow older faster?  It's like someone declaring you gay because you have a major acne problem.  Why insult Justin for what he naturally is?  He still has the right to spend his life doing what he wants to do.  Stop exploiting free speech and just leave him alone :(

"Negative criticism is fine, destructive criticism is not" is basically what I'm trying to say.
He's never gonna see it, so all I can do is make fun of him (or, more specifically, his incredibly bland music itself, and his fans, not him as a person, if that helps), because, as I said, there's a lot more utility in that than in being silently annoyed. And, he won't be offended, and I don't mind offending fans if they really care that I hate something they so shallowly adore. The same applies to Lady GaGa, Ke$ha, and everything else sillybuns.
And hey how did you know I had a major acne problem? Are you stalking me?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-05-21 02:12:13 »
And hey how did you know I had a major acne problem? Are you stalking me?

I'm The Seer of Shadows.  I see many things I shouldn't be able to :o :o

I have to say, "insulting people is fine because they never find out" was once one of my philosophies.  But you can never predict the ramifications of what you say or do.  What you said here might lead to someone else saying something else elsewhere, which might, by some series of events, just find its way to the one you insulted.

But that's getting very anal - think about it that way and we might as well just never say anything at all.

How about putting it this way: criticize his music, fine.  Criticize his choreography, fine.  Criticize his haircut, fine.  Criticize the behavior of his fans, fine.  They're all things that can be amended, so any criticism there would not be purely destructive.  Just try to avoid attacking him for what he is, because there isn't much he can do about it.  No fruitfulness in being offensive, whether or not it reaches the ears of anyone it might offend.

I realize I may have come across as being a bit extreme in this thread... sorry about that.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #34 on: 2010-05-21 16:56:59 »
everyone take the last line of the last post from the seer and calm the hell down, seriousely, we've all got likes and dislikes (by the way, using the free speech arguement won't work to well, as free speech is different in different countries)

lets all just agree that he's weird, and get back to what we all should love doing.... LISTENING TO DISTURBED :P

Asylum's out in august by the way

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-05-21 17:05:45 »
everyone take the last line of the last post from the seer and calm the hell down, seriousely, we've all got likes and dislikes (by the way, using the free speech arguement won't work to well, as free speech is different in different countries)

lets all just agree that he's weird, and get back to what we all should love doing.... LISTENING TO DISTURBED :P

I know, I'm getting excited.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #36 on: 2010-05-21 17:11:47 »

what song announced so far do you wanna hear the most?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-05-21 17:24:13 »
Nothing in particular. To be honest i just found out a few days ago. Have they released any singles yet?

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #38 on: 2010-05-22 04:52:08 »

The Sickness. Oh wait, er, new album?

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-05-23 16:01:52 »
He seems to take issue with the whole idea of negative criticism in any context.

I think you've exaggerated here.

You're clearly not taking this seriously. Which is fine, it is the internet after all - a person shouldn't really expect to come on to the board he's known for ten years without experiencing some homophobic comments disguised as playground talk.

I'm aware that half of this community nowadays could probably care less, but comments like "Justin Bieber is gay" are detrimental to the integrity of this place. Not to mention offensive to me - personally. I don't really give a shit what anyone thinks about gay people in general, and I'm also aware that the author of this thread probably meant no harm, but the problem lies with throwing words like "gay" around negatively. Theres f.uck all wrong with being gay, and I'm sick and tired of having to argue with people to get them to have a bit of tolerance about how other people might feel.

So I guess now I'm not only a grammar nazi, but a political-correctness nazi too.

This post may seem a bit aggressive, but this is around the fifth time I've had to post about homophobia on this forum over the years, and I am very very very tired of it.

And nikfrozty, thank you for apologising. This is the completely unrelated board - you can say whatever the hell you want about Justin Bieber in my opinion, just watch the terms you use, OK?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-05-23 16:23:43 »
Ok then. Really sorry and I don't blame some people here who now hates my name nikfrozty. Maybe they are fans or something. Again I apologize and fine won't start anything like this again.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #41 on: 2010-05-23 17:27:08 »

there new album, Asylum, releases this august, i personally want to hear serpentine the most

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-05-23 18:06:58 »

there new album, Asylum, releases this august, i personally want to hear serpentine the most

Disturbed sucks.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-05-23 18:19:19 »
Yeah really guys gEEZE. Listen guys I am the ultimate musical authority in the universe and right now I am going to tell you all how it is.
Bands that do not suck:
Meshuggah, Tool, Opeth, Devin Townsend/SYL, Cynic, Dillinger Escape Plan, Noisia, Spor, Pendulum, Excision, Textures, The Faceless, Battles, King Crimson, Periphery(past), B-Complex.
Bands that suck:
Every other band except bands that I forgot about.

And that's just the way it's gotta be.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-05-23 23:09:45 »
Yeah really guys gEEZE. Listen guys I am the ultimate musical authority in the universe and right now I am going to tell you all how it is.
Bands that do not suck:
Meshuggah, Tool, Opeth, Devin Townsend/SYL, Cynic, Dillinger Escape Plan, Noisia, Spor, Pendulum, Excision, Textures, The Faceless, Battles, King Crimson, Periphery(past), B-Complex.
Bands that suck:

Amen, brother!
(Although I'm not that much of a music enthusiast, so I don't know what half of those bands are...)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #45 on: 2010-05-23 23:10:59 »

Disturbed sucks.

ok, now im absolutely sure you got a beef with me

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-05-23 23:33:50 »
Bands that do not suck:
Bands that suck:

Amen, brother!
(Although I'm not that much of a music enthusiast, so I don't know what half of those bands are...)
Half? That's like 30% more than most people I meet.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-05-24 00:05:45 »

Disturbed sucks.

Alright dude, I hope you don't take that argument any further, even though I'm more into rap, disturbed, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Cradle of filth are the few Rockbands who I think actually "Rock" but anyways, you probably meant that in the most non-offensive way possible so I'll let it slide. Then again, I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions so you probably have your reasons, heck if I named some of the artists I listen to, a lot of people would probably disagree the same way. ;D

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-05-24 00:14:49 »
Linkin Park
This is worse than Bieber. This is, in fact, worse than Miley Cyrus. Oh yes we've got a real problem indeed.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-05-24 00:37:00 »
Linkin Park
This is worse than Bieber. This is, in fact, worse than Miley Cyrus. Oh yes we've got a real problem indeed.

I'm talking about before New Divide, they suck now, I'm only interested in there old jams like in the end and all the songs that had a kind of rap feel to it.