Author Topic: You guys say its a bad idea, but it appeals to me more and more.  (Read 3152 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
I so want to get a 3d engine and make it work with the data already present in FF7, I know this wouldnt be suitable for modding until the entire game is custom content(for ripping copyright reasons) But I sure would like to see how it turns out.

If anyone is interested in helping me achieve this lemme know....

And on second thought, if I set up the engine to run with the game files in a diff way and make it to where you have to add all the files yourself to certain directories, you would be ripping the content, so Its alright to release such a thing yes?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
It's called Qgears.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
But they havent released anything and they are building it from scratch are they not? Im talking an existing 3d engine,

And besides no one ever posts in the q-gears forum...seems dead to me ATM

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Its your call. But just to let you know the 3d part is not the hard part. Its converting the ff7 assets into a format useable by the 3d engine.

Good luck in your endeavor.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Is halkun a part of this project? I would surely join if others would work on it or show some development at least with text posts...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think Akari is the only person actively working on the project.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
I've sort of been teaching myself that on the Unreal Development Kit engine. I think that once I can program the engine correctly to make use of the Original resources of FF7 I should release the engine and necessities for people to plug the ff7 files into. Then I'm probably going to have tutorial instructions on ripping graphics, music, etc. from the game files to plug into the UDK engine. Then open it up to modding. While I'm learning UDK I'm still doing the Zack Project so it will take awhile.  But if you want to take over that and help me out that would be great.

Akari

• View Profile
Is halkun a part of this project? I would surely join if others would work on it or show some development at least with text posts...

Just as sl1982  said I'm the only one who is contributing to this project now. You can help if you want. More people means new releases will come much faster )

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Well I would really like to work with you on this Akari, I have read the entire Q-Gears forum when I first came to this site, but Im about to re-read to see what kind of work will need redoing. I am interested in translating script, as well as many other things, but I will make a topic there for it, please reply as promptly as you can so I can get started.(BTW All my efforts are now being doubled...well 1.5x'ed anyway(didnt know another way to say that she improves productivity to 150% lol.by my wife, who is willing to learn anything I teach her)

As the project moves further along, Im sure we could get many active members on q-gears...so just check my topic there.