Author Topic: [FF9PC-Steam] Improved Backgrounds Mod  (Read 48799 times)

Mitroman

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC/Steam] Background Mod incoming
« Reply #25 on: 2017-03-13 11:47:59 »
Cool !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-03-21 22:10:53 »
It's been a week, I guess there's been no progress.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017-03-22 11:34:44 »
I'm working as much as I have time.
76 Backgrounds are remaining right now.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2017-03-23 12:38:31 »

i can't

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2017-03-23 17:57:34 »
Another update (?) sidenote:
I'm also upscaling the "ugly" Battle textures... well at least they look ugly to me.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203702
This is early WIP but the upscaling shouldn't take as long as the backgrounds, so maybe 1 week if I've decided on my filter pipeline.
I'm also touching on those ugly low res character textures and weapon texture as well.

Let's see if I can even do something with the worldmap textures.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Another update (?) sidenote:
I'm also upscaling the "ugly" Battle textures... well at least they look ugly to me.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203702
This is early WIP but the upscaling shouldn't take as long as the backgrounds, so maybe 1 week if I've decided on my filter pipeline.
I'm also touching on those ugly low res character textures and weapon texture as well.

Let's see if I can even do something with the worldmap textures.

If you find yourself running into lines between textures after you upscale, you might need to make them seamless.  I did this with masking seamless textures over the existing ones and/or clonestamp tool to each tile by hand (old school way) for my FF8 maps.  Unfortunately, the FF8 UV's are bunked on the PC version.  Hope FF9 fares better.

Turn off any filtering first just to make sure, before you go re-seaming everything though... linear filtering, etc. can cause extra edges between seamless textures on atlases.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
If you find yourself running into lines between textures after you upscale, you might need to make them seamless.  I did this with masking seamless textures over the existing ones and/or clonestamp tool to each tile by hand (old school way) for my FF8 maps.  Unfortunately, the FF8 UV's are bunked on the PC version.  Hope FF9 fares better.

Turn off any filtering first just to make sure, before you go re-seaming everything though... linear filtering, etc. can cause extra edges between seamless textures on atlases.

Thanks for the info. Still I'm not good at PSP or Gimp.
I just know how to run my filter pipeline that I refined from my first Final Fantasy X upscale.

I'll see how that ends but I think someone else has to do this. :)

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Okay I've done it!
Finally! :D

Every Background is finished. Now I need only to double check it so hopefully I can release a beta end of the week / starting next week.

To celebrate the release, tirlititi was so nice to make a spoof Video with the FFIX Engine:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7a7y620mws1h1t/HDMod.mp4

Aavock

• View Profile
To celebrate the release, tirlititi was so nice to make a spoof Video with the FFIX Engine
Haha, I love it ;D

Every Background is finished. Now I need only to double check it so hopefully I can release a beta end of the week / starting next week.
Well done Fraggoso, quite excited for the beta release!

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Deleted as the video isn't meant to be released as of now.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-27 13:21:42 by Fraggoso »

Faendra

• French guy, sorry if my english is no good ^^
    • View Profile
Yep private, so we can't watch it :/

Fraggoso

• View Profile
I'll repost as soon as tirlititi put it on public. :)

Fraggoso

• View Profile
I'm uploading the Mod now! :D :D
Just need a final approval from tirlititi if everthing seems good then I'l hit the button!

Chooo Choo Hypetrain! :D

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Finally, it's coming (with a delay).

Voll das DB-Feeling hier!  ;D ;D ;D

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Hey Kal, if the mod is released, do I need to open a new Thread under released or is it possible to move that either by you or me?
Yeah, feels like DB for sure. xD

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Send a PM to an admin or use Report to moderator and request to move it to the release section.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Uploading the mod now to Mega! I've reworked 9 broken backgrounds and looked trough all of the remaining. Couldn't spot anything off so -> Chooo Chooo! :D
If someone could provide me mirrors that I can link, that really would be great.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Mod released! :D

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuiCrYsY4i_FhBJ6bWIImohYov5P
https://mega.nz/#!UNIVyI6L!vZuUrit2MQa5KvhwmH6L9gXc8wMQBJT7CoP-ZI8rkCI

Installguide:

- Backup in your FFIX install directoy under "StreamingAssets" the bin files p0data11 till p0data19.
- Backup in x64\FF9_Data\Managed the Assembly-CSharp.dll file.
- Download the 7z and unpack it directly into you Final Fantasy IX install directory where "StreamingAssets" and "x64" sit.

Play! :D

If you don't want to use it anymore just copy over the old bin files as well as well as the Assembly-CSharp.dll.

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
Wow you are the best! Du bist der BESTE!

dclem

• View Profile
I come to the Memoria/Time Warp

and see this:

And just what is this?
Zidane isn't positioned right in the corner...
« Last Edit: 2017-05-18 06:20:13 by dclem »

whgang99

• View Profile
Wow! You're the best! Although I already played the Android version, now I gotta buy the PC version again, because of YOU!! :lol:
Adding filters to improve backgrounds already sounded good enough, but hearing that you also dealt with those masks, I can't but get the PC version to play with this mod. Those dirty masks always bothered me throughout the gameplay... Thank you for making this game look much, much better!

Fraggoso

• View Profile
I come to the Memoria/Time Warp

and see this:

And just what is this?
Zidane isn't positioned right in the corner...

Thanks for pointing me to that field.
The Field is fixed, as well as others which also had some bugs.

A patch is in the making. :)

XImpalerX

• View Profile
Just wanted to say thank you for this! The better graphics is going to make my second playthrough more amazing :)

Looking forward to your NPC/Battle background mod to get the kinks worked out, but it looks good as well.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
I tested everything till end of Disc 2.
Encountered some "broken" textures (black tiles) and some, which are just somewhat ugly but can only be repaired if I dive deeper in doing the masks manually, which I'll not do at this time.

Besides that everything is really looking great (at least for me). :)
I maybe will upload a whole package, like version 1.1 as I'm done with testing which shouldn't take that long with fast forward.
A patch can only be done with the next version of Hades Workshop and that depends completely on tirlititi and the time he has. :)

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC/Steam] Improved Backgrounds Mod
« Reply #49 on: 2017-06-08 08:45:48 »
If anyone could test the Chocobo Locations (Chocobo Dreams e.g.) that would really help me a lot.