Author Topic: Losing Control During Game With 7th Heaven  (Read 2428 times)

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
Losing Control During Game With 7th Heaven
« on: 2016-11-11 01:36:04 »
An oddity I noticed today trying 7th Heaven out... the first time, I just activated "Skip Cutscenes", and ran the game.  Everything's fine.  Then I activated The Reunion, made the EXE switch, ran the game... and now arrow keys don't work.  At all.  I can't even start the game.  So I removed all the plugins and ran FF7 without 7th Heaven.  Same problem.  Apparently, FF7 is no longer using the arrow keys.  At all.

Edit: Got it working... for a while.  When I entered the Beginner's Hall, the second time the controls froze.  Completely.  I keep losing my controls randomly.

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
Re: Losing Control During Game With 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-12 10:38:55 »
Also, on my computer, if I active "Disable Mouse" in Tweaks & Cheats, the game crashes on startup.  Thought you'd like to know ;)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2016-11-12 14:00:26 »
An oddity I noticed today trying 7th Heaven out... the first time, I just activated "Skip Cutscenes", and ran the game.  Everything's fine.  Then I activated The Reunion, made the EXE switch, ran the game... and now arrow keys don't work.  At all.  I can't even start the game.  So I removed all the plugins and ran FF7 without 7th Heaven.  Same problem.  Apparently, FF7 is no longer using the arrow keys.  At all.

Edit: Got it working... for a while.  When I entered the Beginner's Hall, the second time the controls froze.  Completely.  I keep losing my controls randomly.

The issues are inconsistent to any problem solving we've done here. Why FF7 isn't using the arrows keys, I don't know. What are your computer specs? Posting the APP.log would help.

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-13 18:15:03 »
Unfortunately, none of the APP.LOG files I have appear to contain anything but startup stuff.  As for my computer, I have an AMD Athlon X4 3800 MHz processor, 8 GB of RAM and an nVidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti.