Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007640 times)

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4200 on: 2018-07-28 18:13:28 »
Does anyone have trouble in Windows 10 when using this and the SweetFX scanline mods? Whenever I use them in conjunction, the game will flat out refuse to load and cause the launcher to be stuck in an infinite loop. When I don't use the SweetFX/scanlines, the Steam version and this mod work fine. Never had that issue in Windows 7, can anyone verify?

Nevertheless, thank you for your continued work on this, the new models, 60 fps battle menus, etc, make the PC port how it should've been.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: 2018-07-29 11:07:06 »
No idea, sadly.  But if you send me the sweetfx mod thing... I'd like to check.

In other news...

Decided the credit module is going, in favour of a movie of the psx credits.  It's not even close.  There's no way to make that PC port version look as nice as this [left side] - no matter how much modding:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_i8xmQ1J702PR2yRgok3CcguHsHVWP2/view?usp=sharing

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: 2018-07-29 14:02:59 »
No idea, sadly.  But if you send me the sweetfx mod thing... I'd like to check.

In other news...

Decided the credit module is going, in favour of a movie of the psx credits.  It's not even close.  There's no way to make that PC port version look as nice as this [left side] - no matter how much modding:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_i8xmQ1J702PR2yRgok3CcguHsHVWP2/view?usp=sharing

Here's the thread: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162106660  Not sure why it crashes on Windows 10 but not Windows 7, when used with other mods, it's weird. But like I said, I can load the game up just fine if I don't use SweetFX with Reunion.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: 2018-07-29 15:12:24 »
Have you tried to use reshade instead? It might work better, because you can inject it trough opengl.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: 2018-07-29 18:16:38 »
Have you tried to use reshade instead? It might work better, because you can inject it trough opengl.
No idea how to inject via OpenGL, I'm not that skilled and would require a guide for that. No I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it'd break it just the same. Not 100% sure, maybe someone can reproduce it.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: 2018-07-29 18:39:33 »
Reshade is the ultimate post effect injector. The installation is actually pretty easy. Download the exe, run it and chose the installation path of your  game.  If I recall it should select opengl by default if not then you can select it and install then the reshade files to the  game.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: 2018-07-29 18:45:10 »
Reshade is the ultimate post effect injector. The installation is actually pretty easy. Download the exe, run it and chose the installation path of your  game.  If I recall it should select opengl by default if not then you can select it and install then the reshade files to the  game.

Is there a link to that version somewhere? Because the one I linked to on Steam is what makes the launcher completely FUBAR on Windows 10, it makes it so I have to completely reinstall the game.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: 2018-07-29 19:02:03 »
https://reshade.me/

I see the forums and releases, but not the actual downloads, I must be blind ><
https://reshade.me/forum/releases/4380-3-4

The releases tab redirects to the forums, but there's no clear place to download them. Ugh.

Edit: never mind, found it, but what does this do? Like, does it filter backgrounds, does it add scanlines? Hope it doesn't break the game.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-29 19:04:29 by the_randomizer85 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: 2018-07-29 19:15:33 »
You can add a lot of post effects what you are looking for is CRT.fx and it probably doesn't hurt to use SMAA.fx, too. The rest can be ignored but maybe you want test a few things.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: 2018-07-29 19:43:37 »
You can add a lot of post effects what you are looking for is CRT.fx and it probably doesn't hurt to use SMAA.fx, too. The rest can be ignored but maybe you want test a few things.

I did see a few presets for Final Fantasy VII and downloaded the TXT file for it, it seems to be a CRT scaline effect, and again, I hope this doesn't make the launcher stuck in an infinite loop.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: 2018-07-29 19:47:05 »
This needs to be taken to another thread, really.  Looking at the files, it's more like,tp be a problem with the shader package.  There's no way I could debug it.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: 2018-07-29 20:13:58 »
This needs to be taken to another thread, really.  Looking at the files, it's more like,tp be a problem with the shader package.  There's no way I could debug it.

Sorry -_- won't happen again

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: 2018-07-29 21:14:22 »
I'd do some testing.... see what options make any difference.

With luck, R06 won't suffer the same issue.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: 2018-07-29 23:37:55 »
I'd do some testing.... see what options make any difference.

With luck, R06 won't suffer the same issue.

Again, thank you, and my apologies for my posts.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: 2018-07-29 23:39:44 »
It's cool.  I don't mind discussion - just when it starts to veer off too much.  Open a new thread and carry it on - or come to discord.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: 2018-07-29 23:42:26 »
It's cool.  I don't mind discussion - just when it starts to veer off too much.  Open a new thread and carry it on - or come to discord.

Didn't know there was a Discord server for this (no idea where to find that), I'll test that and make a new thread and/or the server.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: 2018-07-30 14:49:50 »
"The models are mostly from Kaldarasha's unshaded updates. The battle models are largely the same, owing to the fact that they already fit in stylistically with the original game."

Unfortunately the unshaded models have lesser quality than that of the battlemodels. I've made Aerith/Aeris exactly like the battlemodel by using the same model in the field - it looks soo much better. Not sure why Kaldarasha didn't use the battlemodels in both places..

They really look HD in an oldschool way.

A shame i can't post pics or anything here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: 2018-07-30 17:03:58 »
Because they are shaded and stand out like a sore thumb.  And then all the other models don't fit in with those.  It's not the resolution that matters - it's if it fits in as a whole mod.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: 2018-07-31 06:44:55 »
"The models are mostly from Kaldarasha's unshaded updates. The battle models are largely the same, owing to the fact that they already fit in stylistically with the original game."

Unfortunately the unshaded models have lesser quality than that of the battlemodels. I've made Aerith/Aeris exactly like the battlemodel by using the same model in the field - it looks soo much better. Not sure why Kaldarasha didn't use the battlemodels in both places..

They really look HD in an oldschool way.

A shame i can't post pics or anything here.

The battle models are specificly made for the battles and have some backed shadow and light information on them, because the battles have no positional light like the field module has. I can bake shadows in kimera but they are much to strong and I have to do a lot of fine tuning to get a similar effect as the original battle models.  As I said the field has some light processing which gets absorbed by the by the pre-baked shadow and light. On the other hand the battle models loose a lot of information when they are recolored with solid colors. And to restore this information it needs again a great amount of work.  The whole problem is that the NPCs would need much more time to fit in the style of the ported battle models. This means for me it's easier to make the field models higher quality and port them to battle.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-31 07:10:39 by Kaldarasha »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: 2018-07-31 10:13:54 »
What if the field light shading were disabled?  Would that help?

« Reply #4221 on: 2018-08-19 19:58:57 »
I've been lurking for quite some time and am very excited for the next release - I used your patch for my first playthrough and really enjoyed it. I was wondering - will the next release allow replacing of the pre-rendered backgrounds? Because that's, at least for me, quite a glaring issue with the PC port. Even something as simple as a x2 upscale with xBRZ or something would be better imo.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: 2018-08-20 16:04:52 »
Apart from the fact this guy is a troll - what is more annoying is that he will eventually get to click a few buttons to do what took me weeks. The mentality of someone demanding more and more and actually ridiculing the person putting free time into a massive mod is just beyond me.

I am sure from his limited vantage point, it does appear as if nothing is happening.  I guess that's easy to imagine when your own imagination is next to dinosaur bones it's that low down.

Anyone following this mod will know that

1.  I am adding a completely new way to mod the game.
2. I have completely replaced the audio engine - which included manually recording and looping some 800 SFX and musics.
3. Fixing numerous bugs.
4. Making my own mods optional.
5. Merging Aali's dll with my own dll.
6. Completing localization with on-going proof check by Charlie Beer
7. Updating Roses and Wine
8. Working - as in real life work.
9. Trying to complete a huge backlog of things I have to do in my personal life.

The mod is in good hands and is edging closer to a release.

Some things need the input of others:

FMV audio is broken - Luksy/JWP
2 or more camera sequences are broken in 60fps interpolated mod - NFITC1
Bahamut Zero flickers violently in 60fps mod.
Opengl error when using post shader - Luksy/JWP

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: 2018-08-20 16:13:11 »
Troll aside, what about the question of that fan?

I was wondering - will the next release allow replacing of the pre-rendered backgrounds? Because that's, at least for me, quite a glaring issue with the PC port. Even something as simple as a x2 upscale with xBRZ or something would be better imo.

I agree, but I imagine this isn't a particularly easy thing to achieve.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: 2018-08-20 16:29:38 »
Nah - but I will release an optional shader that does a decent job....  Still...  we need a better option. i don't touch background enhancers because you lose more than you gain.  Looks plastic.