Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839144 times)

Idubaren

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7925 on: 2019-05-30 00:05:15 »
There was a debug script in the flevel I was using to reset ranks to test that the new variable for setting source amount was working. It should be gone from the latest builds.

hmm... I swear I thought i had the lattest update you've done to the mod, not just the 1.5 but everything since I've been updating every time you say the iro and isntaller have been updated :/ I'll go check now, thanks

---EDIT---
Nope, deffinetly the latest iro seems to still have the rank reset, unless I go and start a new game, which I don't know if that will solve the issue, since I'm thinking that it might be that I changed he iro in between the first time i met Mr Smily which is when I ranked up cloud first time, and now, and that might be why Cloud is still rank 1/8
« Last Edit: 2019-05-30 03:35:54 by Iduabren »

brucegi

• View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: 2019-05-30 03:21:25 »
Is it possible to play this mod with the square store SA version of  ff7?
i remember to have played NT years ago with that version, but now i always get to the steam app site, when starting.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: 2019-05-30 06:45:01 »
Dark Cave is a bit buggy and if it feels rushed/incomplete it's because it is; I'm retiring it from the next big update and recycling the scripts for something else.

I did like it as extra content.
Spoiler: show

It was pretty good, the choice of BGM was great and I genuinely felt "wtf is going on" and a bit creeped out during it. I've played FFVII so many times and to have everything suddenly gone and weireded out felt so different and freaky. I would have loved to see it more polished but it did kind of feel rushed as you said, it arbitrarily just ends by climbing the empty Shrina HQ. Guard Scorpion and Air buster battle was a bit boring but I did find Hojo reappearance and final boss interesting and fun. Maybe if there was more sudden shifts in maps instead of it being linear--that is mostly just copying the footsteps of the early game. The same random battles from the beginning of the game dragged it on so I ended up turning it off. Overall I did enjoy it and liked the general direction of it being creepy and weird. It would have been awesome to see more "What is even going on- horror" kind of things in it. I can just imagine walking into the same map you've known and used to for many years, the lights go out, everything is messed up and life itself is rotting. I'm sad it'll be retired but I'm looking forward for new content!

Thanks!

kayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: 2019-05-30 08:30:25 »

I checked the installer exes again, and the ff7_en one had the source changes still. I repacked it all: https://mega.nz/#!LgMRQS6J!ay2EBr6RiNbSsCG67KtC10HWXDtm5J_SZQVQqje1Ivs
If issue still there, check in the folder for the emergency exe folder and use the one from there; you may need to unblock it though via right-click properties as it came from another computer.

Awesome, thanks. This has fixed the source problem! However my characters stats are still inflated. Would you recommend using Black Chocobo to knock them back down?

Thank you for your help.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: 2019-05-30 10:11:53 »
Awesome, thanks. This has fixed the source problem! However my characters stats are still inflated. Would you recommend using Black Chocobo to knock them back down?

Thank you for your help.

Yeah, source values are added separately in the savemap so they can be adjusted fairly easily without having to mess around with the character's base stats. I think in your case, either divide the source values by 5 if none have reached 255 or note how many ranks each character has and then spec them manually.

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: 2019-05-30 14:27:13 »
Where's cover materia? Not mentioned in the text files.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: 2019-05-30 15:29:13 »
Where's cover materia? Not mentioned in the text files.

Cover comes with Tifa as she has it equiped by default, if it the one that has a chance of the character having it taking the damage instead of the targeted character by the enemy... sorry still getting used to the materia names in English

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: 2019-05-30 16:20:02 »
thanks

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: 2019-05-30 17:05:40 »
Bug

Re-entering the sector 5 slums after getting the key from the bone village.

The first NPC you come across (just after the church) has no dialogue. He turns to look at you though when you press confirm.

"Bug"

The save point following that doesn't have the options for leveling up via mr smile. It's ????. I assume all the save points are hardcoded.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: 2019-05-30 21:49:01 »
I dont get the masamune from the last condor battle, although i win the battle with troops. I only get the Great Materia from the old man.

Here is the saye. I tried 23rd may and 20th march version. Both have the problem. Can someone check with my save game maybe i am just stupid and do something wrong. When the person who try it should really get masamune would it be nice if he/she reupload the save game. Or can confirm something is wrong with it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ORBVNOIECuyFSqeK1xoBJyaVPp4sqE8U

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7935 on: 2019-05-30 21:55:46 »
I dont get the masamune from the last condor battle, although i win the battle with troops. I only get the Great Materia from the old man.

Here is the saye. I tried 23rd may and 20th march version. Both have the problem. Can someone check with my save game maybe i am just stupid and do something wrong. When the person who try it should really get masamune would it be nice if he/she reupload the save game. Or can confirm something is wrong with it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ORBVNOIECuyFSqeK1xoBJyaVPp4sqE8U

did you win all the previous Fort Condor Battles with the troopers? I ask because I did one letting the commader reach the top since I thought he would have or drop something like in vanilla and he did not, however if I win with tropps i got a headband, which i got in the second battle too when I did the second battle on the same save that the one I let the commander get to me, can't confirm if you get the reward you should get for each number of wins because when I won the first battle with troops, I had to fight the second against the commander, with Cloud alone and that wasn't pleasant I can tell you... so yeah it's just a theory

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: 2019-05-30 22:08:51 »
I started doing Fort Condor at Rocket Town, but all i did, i won with troppers. Before Rocket Town i did not Fort Condor because i didnt have enough Gil. UpRisen on Discord said it doesnt matter. Even if you only do the last battle you should get masumenue.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: 2019-05-31 00:37:09 »
then I don't know :/ Sorry to not be able to be of more help.

Also to defend fort condor from the first moment you could have farmed the blue monster that you can find in the Mithril Mine, it gives 2000 gil per kill.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #7938 on: 2019-05-31 00:56:28 »
Hi Sega Chief. Thank you for this crazy fantastic mod!

I'm gonna drop an idea (from FFIX holy weapon), you tell me if workable or not:

▝ Would be possible a side quest to obtain Excalibur II as Cloud's weapon, perhaps fighting the 13th Knight of the Round? (As per Ultimania the 13th Knight it's King Arthur and holds the first Excalibur)

▝ Or maybe to make it obtainable in New game+ under specific circumstances (restricted timing) using empty box of Corel Prison?

Cheers,
Kuraudo
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31 17:33:28 by Kuraudo. »

fab_lorenzi

• View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: 2019-05-31 00:58:58 »
Hi! I'm trying to obtain the Magnitude8 E.Skill from Gaea's Dragon using a limit break against it, however the dragon counters with a Dragon Force Card.
"Where is the thing" note says that the Magnitude8 E.Skill can be obtained from that Dragon... Maybe something is changed?
Thanks!

Lunatic High

• Some people you meet, others you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: 2019-05-31 01:00:04 »
I'm at the end of Disc 3, reached the bottom of the crater to activate the New Threats, and I've defeated all the Weapons except I can't find Ruby/Viridian Weapon. It's not in the desert like it normally is. I'm not sure if there's something else I have to do to activate its appearance?

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: 2019-05-31 06:44:50 »
Hi! I'm trying to obtain the Magnitude8 E.Skill from Gaea's Dragon using a limit break against it, however the dragon counters with a Dragon Force Card.
"Where is the thing" note says that the Magnitude8 E.Skill can be obtained from that Dragon... Maybe something is changed?
Thanks!

It's been changed back to Dragon Force. You'll have to manipulate a dragon in North Crater to obtain it. The notes are pretty outdated.

I'm at the end of Disc 3, reached the bottom of the crater to activate the New Threats, and I've defeated all the Weapons except I can't find Ruby/Viridian Weapon. It's not in the desert like it normally is. I'm not sure if there's something else I have to do to activate its appearance?

IIRC mine appeared as normal after defeating Ultima Weapon. Seems like many users have this issue on vanilla. Have you gotten into a random battle in the world map since beating Ultima weapon?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31 06:53:26 by kamekaz3 »

BigBess

• View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: 2019-05-31 08:18:19 »
Hello, I'm fairly new to the mod and I got to say it is amazing so far. I just reached the bottom of the North Crater and the guy told me about New threat thingy.

I started with Tifa, did the piano song, went to the reactor, but then Zagran tell me "Just be careful. Until we meet again!". The thing is I fought no one or anything. And looking at some playthrough on youtube, when getting to Zagran, he turns himself to you and says "ah you're finally here" or something similar.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

EDIT : After checking other places like temple of the ancients, and the city of the ancients, I can't seem to have any of the sidequests unlocked?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31 08:32:24 by BigBess »

Lunatic High

• Some people you meet, others you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: 2019-05-31 09:23:45 »
Have you gotten into a random battle in the world map since beating Ultima weapon?
The random battle did it, thanks!

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: 2019-05-31 09:49:22 »
then I don't know :/ Sorry to not be able to be of more help.

Also to defend fort condor from the first moment you could have farmed the blue monster that you can find in the Mithril Mine, it gives 2000 gil per kill.

Its ok, thanks for trying helping.

I will try the next time the blue monster 2000 gil at this point is insane. Are there more good farming spots for Gil or AP you know? Expecially when you got Buggy, Tiny Bronco, Highwind, Gold Chocobo?

Here are my "findings"
Buggy = Not really found something special maybe in Jugon when you unlease the red alert, but the monsters are very tough, i didnt try it with shield trick, becasue at this point i didnt know of the trcik.
Tiny Bronco = Mideel Area e.g. the beach, there is a 100% chance of the worm which gives 32000 EXP, 1500AP and dont know how many Gil, with Shield Trick, he is doable, you can easy get Quake 3 etc. here
Highwind = I dont know
Gold Chocobo = I dont know, i tried Ancient Forst, but the rewards are similar to the Mideel monsters.

And one last question i can not find the safe or vincent in Nibelheim Villa. Are they moved?

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: 2019-05-31 11:21:09 »

I will try the next time the blue monster 2000 gil at this point is insane. Are there more good farming spots for Gil or AP you know? Expecially when you got Buggy, Tiny Bronco, Highwind, Gold Chocobo?

Here are my "findings"
Buggy = Not really found something special maybe in Jugon when you unlease the red alert, but the monsters are very tough, i didnt try it with shield trick, becasue at this point i didnt know of the trcik.
Tiny Bronco = Mideel Area e.g. the beach, there is a 100% chance of the worm which gives 32000 EXP, 1500AP and dont know how many Gil, with Shield Trick, he is doable, you can easy get Quake 3 etc. here
Highwind = I dont know
Gold Chocobo = I dont know, i tried Ancient Forst, but the rewards are similar to the Mideel monsters.

And one last question i can not find the safe or vincent in Nibelheim Villa. Are they moved?

about farming spots, the moment you can quickly max out all materia you are good to go for money since each sells for 1.4 million gil and that can last you the entire game. (at least in vanilla xD)

About Vincent I don't know I have only gotten to Gold Saucer xD

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: 2019-05-31 17:45:08 »
Bug

Re-entering the sector 5 slums after getting the key from the bone village.

The first NPC you come across (just after the church) has no dialogue. He turns to look at you though when you press confirm.

"Bug"

The save point following that doesn't have the options for leveling up via mr smile. It's ????. I assume all the save points are hardcoded.

That NPC has some handlers for dialogue but there's probably a 'gap' in the logic or something; I'll add a catch-all for him.

Save Points are hard-coded unfortunately. I think there might be a condition to enable those options under certain conditions but like with the NPC, I've probably not used an early enough game moment value or something.

I started doing Fort Condor at Rocket Town, but all i did, i won with troppers. Before Rocket Town i did not Fort Condor because i didnt have enough Gil. UpRisen on Discord said it doesnt matter. Even if you only do the last battle you should get masumenue.

As far as I'm aware they all need to be won (either by leaving enough gil with fort condor to handle the battle, or by routing the enemy through the minigame; if they reach the shack and you do it by battle then the game doesn't count it as a win unfortunately).

Hi Sega first of all thanks for this crazy fantastic mod!

I'm gonna drop an idea (from FFIX holy weapon):
Would be possible a side quest to obtain Excalibur II as Cloud's weapon, perhaps fighting the 13th Knight of the Round? (As per Ultimania the 13th it's King Arthur and holds the first Excalibur)

Yo bud, cheers.

I can set up a scene or fight based on the timer, probably won't lock a weapon behind it though.

Thanks!

As Kameka mentioned, it was changed back into Dragon Force; I've been indecisive with some of the enemy skills so a couple have changed a few times between updates. Sorry for the confusion.

Hello, I'm fairly new to the mod and I got to say it is amazing so far. I just reached the bottom of the North Crater and the guy told me about New threat thingy.

I started with Tifa, did the piano song, went to the reactor, but then Zagran tell me "Just be careful. Until we meet again!". The thing is I fought no one or anything. And looking at some playthrough on youtube, when getting to Zagran, he turns himself to you and says "ah you're finally here" or something similar.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

EDIT : After checking other places like temple of the ancients, and the city of the ancients, I can't seem to have any of the sidequests unlocked?

I think you might be playing on the 1.4 version, if it came from 7th Heaven's default catalog then it probably is. That version had a bug with Tifa's Lv.4 Limit sidequest trigger. The others require that the character related to the sidequest be present in the party (Cait Sith for temple of the ancients, aeris for forgotten city unless she's kicked the bucket). Normally I'd recommend updating to the latest version on this thread but the jump from 1.4 to present-day 1.5 is quite big so it will likely bring in more problems than it solves. I can fix this manually when I get back from Naples on Tuesday night though (assuming I'm not ran over by then, they have a very liberal interpretation of 'roads' here).

Here are my "findings"
Highwind = I dont know

Vincent's basement key was moved from the safe to a chest that's nearby on the same screen, if you've opened that chest then you can open the basement to talk to him. This was done so you don't have to fight lost number to recruit him (fighting lost number is to get Odin Materia).

As for farming, I'm not sure. The best place on Disc 3 is probably the left-up path where Magic Pots can be fed Ethers instead of Elixirs and the Movers enemy gives massive amounts of AP.

If I've missed any posts, let me know.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: 2019-05-31 17:59:05 »

Here are my "findings"
Highwind = I dont know

You can find Zuu (big bird) by the desert area outside of the mega-all cave. They give 2500 ap IIRC, the worms appear there as well. Equip some double/triple ap weapon/armor and it'll be a breeze. North Crater gives MASSIVE amount of ap/exp though as Chief said so farm only the minimum you need until you reach there, it'll save you a bunch of time.

Get the precious watch from gold chocobo racing. It's maxed out armor slots with triple growth. Most of the other triple growth weapons should be in the Gelnika. Don't use the Kalm traveler's Gold Chocobo, it's really slow in this mod. If you don't want to spend a long time breeding chocobos then there's a race free way of breeding one involving RNG manipulation. It's fairly easy following a guide, you should be able to find it easily and is much faster than how you would normally breed a Gold Chocobo.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31 18:04:49 by kamekaz3 »

xerforce

• View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: 2019-05-31 18:03:36 »
hi, i have same question about this mod.

1. I played some time ago v1.4 and had to give me beaten from a point. Now I have started v1.5 and I stand   
    before the fight against dyane. What I noticed is that the fight (befor dyane) against X-ATM Scorpion (which
    appeared in v1.4)did not appear. was the removed or have i make a misstake with the installation?

2. exist a list of enemy skills and where to get them from?

and 3. I read on one side that one gets the mod on the switch version to run but not how it should go. is this                   
           statement true and how would it work?

BigBess

• View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: 2019-05-31 18:42:26 »
I think you might be playing on the 1.4 version, if it came from 7th Heaven's default catalog then it probably is. That version had a bug with Tifa's Lv.4 Limit sidequest trigger. The others require that the character related to the sidequest be present in the party (Cait Sith for temple of the ancients, aeris for forgotten city unless she's kicked the bucket). Normally I'd recommend updating to the latest version on this thread but the jump from 1.4 to present-day 1.5 is quite big so it will likely bring in more problems than it solves. I can fix this manually when I get back from Naples on Tuesday night though (assuming I'm not ran over by then, they have a very liberal interpretation of 'roads' here).

Thanks a lot for the answer. As you guessed, I'm using the version from 7th heaven. All good, I think i'm just gonna use Black Chocobo this will be an easier fix. Unless it brings even more problems?
Your mod is absolutely amazing again. After finishing ff7 a few times it brings some fresh air and a nice difficulty upgrade. Using materias and also mechanics I would've never thought. Kudos to you, I hope you get back from Naples in one piece!