Author Topic: FF8 steam editor request  (Read 3797 times)

ploppo

• View Profile
FF8 steam editor request
« on: 2018-05-30 18:36:37 »
hi there , please remember that there aren't only the "pro" gamer out there , is see many mods to make the game harder , but i don't see anything for people who like to mod the game in order to make it more easy and become ultra strong :\ , something like hadesworkshop for final fantasy 9 : something that can satsfy the needs of both kind of gamers , not everyone like to get hysterical when they play a game , and none like to be extra strong and so on and so for it :D , in case someone's is wondering , i am probably the only one who openly talk about this because appearently it require courage to say that you don't like to have hard time in a video game and prefer to have extra easy life instead , well for me isn't a problem , after all we are talking about video games , not some sort of auto-punitive pilgrimage or a bdsm session XD
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 18:51:03 by ploppo »

Kefka

• View Profile
Re: FF8 steam editor request
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-02 19:48:11 »
There are already several editors for FF8 which can do some stuff similar to what Hades Workshop does. Doomtrain is a kernel editor that allows you to modify weapon data, spell data (including junction boosts), limit data, and even enemy attacks data. Then there's Ifrit for editing enemy stats, and Quetzacotl for initial stats, magic and equipment. All of them should also be compatible with the Steam version, as far as I remember (it's been a while since I used them).

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-03 13:10:30 »
exactly , this is the reason why i asked that , because the last time i tried doom train , it wasn't compatible with the steam version , not completely at least , also , hades owrkshop is way more complete than all those seperated tools for final fantasy 8 , so it would be great to have a unique tool even for this game , after all  i am sure that there are also people who like final fantasy 8 despite all the complain for not be for "pro" , and infact is quite the reason why people love that game , is about have fun , not to get hysterical XD , and i find unfair to just ignore that game only because the category of the pro-wanna be don't like it , especially because we don't like their games quite because we have tastes that are the opposite to their tastes :O

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-03 16:17:40 »
There are already several editors for FF8 which can do some stuff similar to what Hades Workshop does. Doomtrain is a kernel editor that allows you to modify weapon data, spell data (including junction boosts), limit data, and even enemy attacks data. Then there's Ifrit for editing enemy stats, and Quetzacotl for initial stats, magic and equipment. All of them should also be compatible with the Steam version, as far as I remember (it's been a while since I used them).

none of those three tools are compatible with the steam version of final fantasy 8 , i check that out now :\ , i hope someone will make them compatible with the steam version
« Last Edit: 2018-06-03 16:25:14 by ploppo »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-06-04 15:37:18 »
I've just checked again, they are compatible with the steam version. The only problem I could imagine is not knowing where to find the files that the editors require due to the way FFVIII files are packed. The kernel for example, which is edited by Doomtrain, is inside the main.fs file, and you need to extract it first using Deling. In your FFVIII steam folder, go to data-> lang(your language, in my case lang-de). In this folder you find several .fs files, all of which contain a plethora of other files. Once you've extracted the kernel.bin from the main.fs, you can edit it with Doomtrain, and then you have to again use Deling to re-insert your edited kernel.bin back into the main.fs (always make backups, of course).

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-06-04 15:45:44 »
I've just checked again, they are compatible with the steam version. The only problem I could imagine is not knowing where to find the files that the editors require due to the way FFVIII files are packed. The kernel for example, which is edited by Doomtrain, is inside the main.fs file, and you need to extract it first using Deling. In your FFVIII steam folder, go to data-> lang(your language, in my case lang-de). In this folder you find several .fs files, all of which contain a plethora of other files. Once you've extracted the kernel.bin from the main.fs, you can edit it with Doomtrain, and then you have to again use Deling to re-insert your edited kernel.bin back into the main.fs (always make backups, of course).

thanks , i will try and let you know :D