Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836543 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8450 on: 2019-08-23 21:15:37 »
Patreon is super easy to use so thanks for the option! You just earned yourself your very first Patron.  :-D

I'm really excited to see what you can do with FFVIII...Do you think the remaster coming out soon is likely the same file set up of the original Steam version? Could we just plug and play existing mods there?

Anyway, looking forward to finishing your VII and starting your VIII whenever you get around to finishing it up...Is there a IX on the horizon sometime? Hehe.

I think the file structure will be the same, but the flevel might need for script changes to be ported into it manually cause the models are stored in each field file rather than in a separate archive like FF7 PC.

9 is on the distant horizon, character-specific ability sets and all that gear is too good an opportunity to pass up.

cc12138030

• View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: 2019-08-24 04:21:49 »
Oh god, my body is ready for you to do a makeover for FF9.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: 2019-08-24 15:10:37 »
I finally got round to putting my old PC back together (was missing RAM and the PSU needed hooked up to the hard-drive in a weird cage set-up that the mini-tower uses; ended up having to balance it on hooks in the case as the screws were missing; very botched job).

Anyway, the old PC had a tonne of assets that were made as side projects + NT add-ons that were never finished. Stuff like character battle model replacers, two full character-replacer mods, changing outfits for characters on the field in certain locations (winter gear for Glacier for instance), stuff like that. There was supposed to be a Cid mod in there somewhere but that appears to be gone.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: 2019-08-25 03:08:42 »
I finally got round to putting my old PC back together (was missing RAM and the PSU needed hooked up to the hard-drive in a weird cage set-up that the mini-tower uses; ended up having to balance it on hooks in the case as the screws were missing; very botched job).
Grats on getting it up and running again!

Anyway, the old PC had a tonne of assets that were made as side projects + NT add-ons that were never finished. Stuff like character battle model replacers, two full character-replacer mods, changing outfits for characters on the field in certain locations (winter gear for Glacier for instance), stuff like that. There was supposed to be a Cid mod in there somewhere but that appears to be gone.
Ooohhh that sounds interesting. Any plans on adding any of that stuff in at a later date? Maybe make a separate mod for them?

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: 2019-08-25 10:27:38 »
Hi guys,
I'm new of this forum (discovered only few days ago). I've landed here to try some graphic mode, but instead I found this gourgeous mod!

I'm really appreciating everything so far. I'm still in disc 1 though, just after Gongaga.
I've started to play NT with the 7thHeaven modder, and I've realized only now that, on the 7thHeaven modder, the NT mod was patched to the 1.4 version. I've found that there was the 1.5 version, so I've downloaded the IRO version first and I noticed that the materia stats changed a bit, so I assumed the NT was updated correctly since something changed.

Since I reached Gongaga before the patch, I have Deathblow now, so I think I've lost Added Cut forever, or maybe I've to revert to 1.4 to get it in the Great Glacier?
Beside of that, I'm got stuck with Mr Smile, after the patch to 1.5. I've Cloud and Tifa on 200+ SP and he doesn't let me rank up anymore.

I've tried to download the emergency.exe file and used them, it didn't resolve the problem. Then, I've tried to patch the game with the standalone patch, same issue. What can I do?
I've noticed that if I try to force the NT 1.4 version with the 7thHeaven modder, mr Smile let me rank up. Still, the stats are completely fucked up (tifa lvl 39 with something like 170 vit and magic materia like fire matera with +10 luck).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide, and sorry for my poor english  :(
« Last Edit: 2019-08-25 10:56:13 by Alan »

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: 2019-08-26 08:32:55 »
Is there some trick to getting Midgar Zolom to cast Alpha on you? I've fought it at least 6 times and no dice. It always casts beta which I don't think is supposed to happen. :( According to the readme that is only gotten at the Temple of the Ancients, which is what reminded me to come back to the zolom. I migrated v1.4 to v1.5 early on right after Midgar. Maybe that messed it up?

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: 2019-08-26 19:55:07 »
Is there some trick to getting Midgar Zolom to cast Alpha on you? I've fought it at least 6 times and no dice. It always casts beta which I don't think is supposed to happen. :( According to the readme that is only gotten at the Temple of the Ancients, which is what reminded me to come back to the zolom. I migrated v1.4 to v1.5 early on right after Midgar. Maybe that messed it up?

Hey there! The Zolom had Alpha reverted and it's just Beta instead. The documentation that comes with the installer is a bit outdated. Hope that helps out!

Changing from 1.4 to 1.5 wouldn't have changed the outcome, just an error in the info on Enemy Skills.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: 2019-08-26 20:06:48 »
Ah, so that's why I could not find L5 suicide... ::)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: 2019-08-26 20:57:47 »
Hey Saga, is v2 coming or not?

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: 2019-08-26 21:32:53 »
Ah okay thanks. Anyone know where it is or does it not exist anymore?

Ah, so that's why I could not find L5 suicide... ::)

Yea this was actually my sign to know that v1.4 was changed to v1.5, L5 Suicide became Quarry Mine.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-26 21:36:26 by lakecityransom »

StackedDeck

• View Profile
« Reply #8460 on: 2019-08-26 21:42:43 »
Firstly, the mod is fantastic and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm wrapping up the game and working through the side quests and I can't seem to find the Heaven's Cloud for Cloud's ultimate weapon. The doc included with the file says you can get one from an Iron Man, but I've only ever seen them at the point of no return in the crater. Have they been added somewhere else?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: 2019-08-26 23:28:10 »
Grats on getting it up and running again!
Ooohhh that sounds interesting. Any plans on adding any of that stuff in at a later date? Maybe make a separate mod for them?

Yeah I want to make use of 7h functionality a bit more to add some extra stuff.

Hi guys,
I'm new of this forum (discovered only few days ago). I've landed here to try some graphic mode, but instead I found this gourgeous mod!

I'm really appreciating everything so far. I'm still in disc 1 though, just after Gongaga.
I've started to play NT with the 7thHeaven modder, and I've realized only now that, on the 7thHeaven modder, the NT mod was patched to the 1.4 version. I've found that there was the 1.5 version, so I've downloaded the IRO version first and I noticed that the materia stats changed a bit, so I assumed the NT was updated correctly since something changed.

Since I reached Gongaga before the patch, I have Deathblow now, so I think I've lost Added Cut forever, or maybe I've to revert to 1.4 to get it in the Great Glacier?
Beside of that, I'm got stuck with Mr Smile, after the patch to 1.5. I've Cloud and Tifa on 200+ SP and he doesn't let me rank up anymore.

I've tried to download the emergency.exe file and used them, it didn't resolve the problem. Then, I've tried to patch the game with the standalone patch, same issue. What can I do?
I've noticed that if I try to force the NT 1.4 version with the 7thHeaven modder, mr Smile let me rank up. Still, the stats are completely fucked up (tifa lvl 39 with something like 170 vit and magic materia like fire matera with +10 luck).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide, and sorry for my poor english  :(

Jumping from 1.4 to 1.5 produces issues in the savemap which won't be easily fixable without running your save through some scripts. I can do this if you send me your save file to make corrections.

Hey Saga, is v2 coming or not?

Yeah but it's going to take a while. I've decided to focus on FF8 for the time being.

Firstly, the mod is fantastic and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm wrapping up the game and working through the side quests and I can't seem to find the Heaven's Cloud for Cloud's ultimate weapon. The doc included with the file says you can get one from an Iron Man, but I've only ever seen them at the point of no return in the crater. Have they been added somewhere else?

Iron Man (or Iron Giant) can be found on the left-down path on the last screen of that route as a random encounter.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: 2019-08-27 10:02:29 »
Jumping from 1.4 to 1.5 produces issues in the savemap which won't be easily fixable without running your save through some scripts. I can do this if you send me your save file to make corrections.
Oh, okay! Thanks!
How can I send my save? Dropbox link?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: 2019-08-27 12:37:43 »
Oh, okay! Thanks!
How can I send my save? Dropbox link?

Yeah anything's fine.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: 2019-08-27 21:02:47 »
Yeah anything's fine.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eJ4ynnEjzphhJeugJJSwkdrHf_zm3kR7

That's the link. I could not find anyway to send this to you personally... Not like it matters if someone want to download it  :-D
« Last Edit: 2019-08-27 22:41:58 by Alan »

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: 2019-08-28 00:58:00 »
Hi! Just registered so I could ask this.

First of all I love the mod so far, BUT I am playing on 1.5 in Original mode and, after doing some cursory searches and seeing no obvious results in doing so, I figured I would just ask:

- What are the actual differences between Original difficulty and Arrange ?
- Why is it called "Arrange"mode?
- Does Arrange mode feature more content? What are the Ai tweaks? Just higher hp and damage while still balanced, etc?

For context...
I am about to start heading for the Gold Saucer in Original, and would just like to know what I'd be getting into if I restarted my game in Arrange mode, as I am probably only going to play through the mod once. Having started a new game, I am seeing that the difficulty is ramped up and the battles require almost a dark souls level of strategic timing to get through even the scorpion boss. This is fine, and more fun, but I just want to know if I'd be getting extra content and cooler stuff in 1.5 Arrange Mode, or if it's only purely for experiencing more intense battles.

I am not seeing these things elaborated on or really mentioned much at all in the original post or in any of the changelogs/documentation in the download folder. Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: 2019-08-28 05:57:51 by saw2th »

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: 2019-08-28 06:23:04 »
Hi everyone.

I have been playing the 1.5 vanilla combat version of this mod, I just got to the gold saucer for the first time, and my game frezze after Cloud find the  bodies of some dead shinra soldiers and is chased into the arena by that Dio guy, is there any way to fix this so I can continue playing?

Thanks in advance.

Please excuse me for any mistakes, english is no my first language.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: 2019-08-28 19:50:23 »
Hi! Just registered so I could ask this.

First of all I love the mod so far, BUT I am playing on 1.5 in Original mode and, after doing some cursory searches and seeing no obvious results in doing so, I figured I would just ask:

- What are the actual differences between Original difficulty and Arrange ?
- Why is it called "Arrange"mode?
- Does Arrange mode feature more content? What are the Ai tweaks? Just higher hp and damage while still balanced, etc?

For context...
I am about to start heading for the Gold Saucer in Original, and would just like to know what I'd be getting into if I restarted my game in Arrange mode, as I am probably only going to play through the mod once. Having started a new game, I am seeing that the difficulty is ramped up and the battles require almost a dark souls level of strategic timing to get through even the scorpion boss. This is fine, and more fun, but I just want to know if I'd be getting extra content and cooler stuff in 1.5 Arrange Mode, or if it's only purely for experiencing more intense battles.

I am not seeing these things elaborated on or really mentioned much at all in the original post or in any of the changelogs/documentation in the download folder. Am I missing something?

The enemies hit a bit harder on arrange due to a level boost, and will make use of a new attack in some cases. Bosses can be different as well. You don't miss out on anything playing original vs arrange though. I would just stick with original for a one-time run.

Hi everyone.

I have been playing the 1.5 vanilla combat version of this mod, I just got to the gold saucer for the first time, and my game frezze after Cloud find the  bodies of some dead shinra soldiers and is chased into the arena by that Dio guy, is there any way to fix this so I can continue playing?

Thanks in advance.

Please excuse me for any mistakes, english is no my first language.

I can't think of a change that could have caused a crash there when converting normal NT into a vanilla combat version, but will need to check it out. Are any other mods on? Try running through that particular section with just NT activated. I'll do some tests on it tomorrow.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: 2019-08-28 20:02:32 »
I'm trying now the Arrange mode. I've get to the Mythril mine so far.

It's harsh but fun. You have to min-max materia if you wanna outshine bosses! Since I was coming from another NT gameplay, I know how to fight now. Shinra building was hell the first time.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: 2019-08-28 20:14:12 »
Edited
nvm I'm dumb

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: 2019-08-28 20:15:17 »
I'm trying now the Arrange mode. I've get to the Mythril mine so far.

It's harsh but fun. You have to min-max materia if you wanna outshine bosses! Since I was coming from another NT gameplay, I know how to fight now. Shinra building was hell the first time.

Are you still wanting this old save file fixed?

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: 2019-08-28 20:27:43 »
Well, the only reason for which I would have the save fixed is to see if stats were really bugged. My tifa literally oneshotted the boss in the Gi Cave in Cosmo Canyon with her limit O.o (I think it was before the upgrade to 1.5, though...)

Don't worry with the save. I thought that playing the first part of the game a 2nd time would bore me... instead, I found it funny. Even if get the save back, I would proceed with the arrange mod anyway.

Thanks  :-D

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: 2019-08-28 20:55:52 »
Thanks! But I'm still curious - why is it called "Arrange" mode and not just hard mode?

yutterh

• View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: 2019-08-28 22:15:18 »
I know it's gonna be a while for 2.0 but are you gonna upload the balance changes you posted earlier at least? Been waiting to continue my FF7 game. If its gonna be a while even for those, guess I'll jaut continue with 1.5 then. But thanks for making this mod in general though broski. I'll probably just weather the wait hoenstly 😅

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: 2019-08-29 00:21:43 »
Thanks for your quick answer Sega Chief.

I am not using any other mods, only new treat 1.5. vanilla combat.

Today I downloaded a save editor named Black Chocobo to try and bypass that event, it kind of worked, but then I go back to that area and tried to play the arena mini game and the game frezze the moment Cloud enters the arena (screen goes black, music continues playing but next screen never loads), so I guess maybe is a problem especific to that room or screen.

I also experience a weird glich in the mytril mine, when I started the battle with the Turks, instad of Elena and Rude, the game loaded three weird monster with 9999 HP, gliched name, and that were completly inmovile, after killing them the game continued as normal.

It would be nice if you could do a little clean up of the vanilla combat version, so people that dont desire a harder game could still enjoy the other great content that your mod as created.

Thanks again and have a great day  :)