Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008555 times)

kaskelot

• View Profile
Can't seem to get the speed change feature working. It's supposed to be Select and Cancel(x) right?
Probably has something to do with my silly wireless PS4 controller, but all the other hotkeys work.

Edit: It was Select and Square, apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boy do I feel silly.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
unfortunately, the data there doesnt help at all.  Have you tried withput the texture updates and with 60fps off?

oblongsausage

• View Profile
unfortunately, the data there doesnt help at all.  Have you tried withput the texture updates and with 60fps off?

Yes, I've tried 60fps 0, 1, and 2 and without updated textures.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
keep making it crash and save every app.log each time

magitek

• View Profile
I'm having this random crash on fields. Seems like an out of memory crash.

It doesn't happen at the same place (regardless of the speed) and can't reproduce it, but even so, I included the save file at the last time it happened (first save).

I'm using satsuki textures mod and Ochu with 3x AP and reshade. Windows 10, i7 4770.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ur2udIbiaAMUCx2ePeLLSP3cJGKOOjj/view?usp=sharing

Btw, using the model overhaul, there are some strange cats, one in mideel and several at the "cat room" in wutai.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-28 22:41:19 by magitek »

Cert Serth

• View Profile
Found a sound-related issue in latest release, not sure if it's known yet, so just in case: Air Buster's "revving" sound when it lurches forwards is absent.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
00395720] ERROR: texture cache is full and nothing could be evicted!

is likely the reason magitek.  Im sure it's related to memory usage with textures as well... but if it doesnt do it on aalis original driver then theres something else.

tom servo

• View Profile
I also got "ERROR: texture cache is full and nothing could be evicted!" just outside Kalm.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Everyone is getting it.  I have a feeling i know what did it but im too pissed up to check right now

Nicolo

• View Profile
Trying to properly document the repeating Battle Fanfare Bug. Here are the log files and a video of it occurring in the Train Graveyard. It's pretty random though, fought exactly the same battles there before and nothing happened then. It just happens sometimes, and after it happens once it keeps stacking the fanfares. Only way to make it shut up is to exit the game. I was stupid enough to ovewrite my save as you can see in the video, but it seems to occur possibly just about anywhere, so I don't think the save matters much.

Hope it's helpful.

Link to the files and video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fRKOC3YHqAKoxK_5FHzEmv9H8cOlA4ST

oblongsausage

• View Profile
keep making it crash and save every app.log each time

I'll let you know when it happens again.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
sorry for reporting a typo, but if you dont know its there you cant fix it

shortly after entering gold saucer for the first time, barret says "at least I haven't forget that!" after Aeris says they are gonna go have fun

Estelyen

• View Profile
Had the duplicate music issue again for the first time with R06c. This time while in the Corel prison, in the large central screen with the save point.

Logs and save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qwzwfnllpgm4ccm/logs_and_save_file_2.zip/file
It's in save slot 15.

Rcarlucci

• View Profile
Dear DLPB, this is really not he place to be posting this but i tried sending you a personal email but i was blocked...its fine i know why..i didn't want everyone to see this but at this point when you believe in a project as much i do, I will do anything.......Now let the whole forum is going to see that im apologizing to you and everyone else for that matter ( in case you weren't aware that I did already, several times)....please consider accepting my apology..

"..humiliation is one mans pride being taken from them, but replaced with something better - humility"

As an artist music is very special, alot of hard work and time goes into to, but we do it for the fans, the users so they can have the best experience we can offer them. This is also why i started modding starbound years ago and this is why i do it for FF7. I really didn't start out to great...in fact i have a stigma i have to own now, but that doesn't mean I have to lt it get me down and out......this is why I am asking you

for your permission to use your music. I will be making sure you get full credit, i mean its not music it deserves to be pointed your way. Allowing me to use your music will give my mod the missing pieces of the puzzle i in vision it to be. If you say no, of coarse ill move on....i will go on fighting for to make this mod the best i can.

I do this for the users.

here is what im requesting.....and any advice you can give me...

I was around n 2001 when fidella was around...if your say yes, i would need artwork for each 180 x 180 at least...please

These are the albums you can help me with:
Music - Anxious Heart - Fan Made
Music - Anxious Heart - Full Selection
Music - Anxious Heart - Original Soundtrack
Music - Anxious Heart - Professional
Music - OST Remastered

skyhawk

• View Profile
Random feature request!

Could we get an install-time option for XBox Controller buttons, rather than the Playstation buttons?

Triangle would be Yellow Y
Square would be Blue X
Circle would be Red B
Cross would be Green A

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
nah   that's up to a modder to make

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Trying to properly document the repeating Battle Fanfare Bug. Here are the log files and a video of it occurring in the Train Graveyard. It's pretty random though, fought exactly the same battles there before and nothing happened then. It just happens sometimes, and after it happens once it keeps stacking the fanfares. Only way to make it shut up is to exit the game. I was stupid enough to ovewrite my save as you can see in the video, but it seems to occur possibly just about anywhere, so I don't think the save matters much.

Hope it's helpful.

Link to the files and video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fRKOC3YHqAKoxK_5FHzEmv9H8cOlA4ST

wow.  what a noise.  clearly something is going v wrong. not sure how before a new  music plays the last one is forced to stop in a thread safe thread.  And thanks for the video!  8)
« Last Edit: 2020-02-29 17:02:43 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
for what its worth, this music bug hasnt happened to me at all, i keep 60fps battles turned off

edit:  i found another error in the translation

as soon as you get the buggy there is a dialogue box that says Cid "Alright, off wit' ya" or something like that, even though i havent been to rocket town or met cid yet
« Last Edit: 2020-02-29 15:29:29 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
yeah im aware of that.  I forgot to add n fix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
does the music bug ever happen at normal game speed?  when not sped up?

skyhawk

• View Profile
for what its worth, this music bug hasnt happened to me at all, i keep 60fps battles turned off
Also for what its worth, I use both 60fps and Remako/Satsuki texture packs, and while I've had a bunch of random crashes that I can't reproduce, I've never had issues with the music.

I seriously doubt it, but maybe this has something to do with the CPU in question? I'm on an i5-6700k with Hyperthreading off.

does the music bug ever happen at normal game speed?  when not sped up?
I've actually found the speed-up mechanism doesn't seem to work for me. I haven't taken the time to dig any further on that. Using the soft-reset function usually ends very badly as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've actually found the speed-up mechanism doesn't seem to work for me

It doesn't come on screen that it's increased?  Are you trying from keyboard only?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Rcarlucci

I'm not sure what you mean.  It's not my music.  I merely looped the tracks and did some volume control on them.  If you need to use tracks I compiled, just credit me as far as that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Orichalcon

It would have been picked up in the final playthrough for R07 but it still needs to be mentioned and fixed.

#xy 40 80
{BARRET}
“Then GO!
  Mess around all you like!”{NEW}
“But we’re supposed to be
  after Sephiroth! At least one
  of us still remembers that!”

skyhawk

• View Profile
I've actually found the speed-up mechanism doesn't seem to work for me

It doesn't come on screen that it's increased?  Are you trying from keyboard only?
There's no perceptible change in speed, and no reaction on screen either. I've been using controller input for it, which I thought was correct?

Like I said, I tried it real quick, it didn't work, I kinda just shrugged and moved on.

Just tried it right now, Select+Cancel, right? Tried both [minus]+[keypad0], as well as Select+X on my gamepad. This combination DOES work for skipping cutscenes, but there's no reaction when standing around in the field.