Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704036 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #125 on: 2008-12-03 13:09:58 »
Hi!
This program is very great, but sadly i encounter an error, if i want to compile the (changed files to the) KERNEL.BIN. :( I decompressed the files, changed some items and then i wanted to compress the KERNEL.BIN again, but the result was this:

http://666kb.com/i/b4cye1iqo44kemyub.jpg

Btw, the VB Files 4, 5 and 6 couldn't help me with this problem. :( I guess i need a different pack, or something else. I hope someone can help me. =)

Any suggestion would be great!

Greetings

Edit: I have the german version of FF7, because i am german and live there.
Also, my OS is "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise" (Trial Version, since Microsoft was/is giving the Trialversion out for 240 Days). Maybe this information is needed.

The fact that you can open WM at all means that your libraries aren't at fault. This is a problem with gzip not being in the same directory as WM. This is a limitation that will be handled differently when version 1.0 is deemed worthy of release.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008-12-03 13:24:49 »

The fact that you can open WM at all means that your libraries aren't at fault. This is a problem with gzip not being in the same directory as WM. This is a limitation that will be handled differently when version 1.0 is deemed worthy of release.

Hi!
Thanks for your fast answer. =)

Uhm.. gzip.exe and WallMarket.exe are in the same folder. =) I don't know how i can compress the file though, since i get this error everytime. :( Maybe it is not possible with the german version of the file? I can upload the file for you, if you want that.

Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/169848125/KERNEL.BIN.html

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #127 on: 2008-12-03 15:08:58 »

Hi!
Thanks for your fast answer. =)

Uhm.. gzip.exe and WallMarket.exe are in the same folder. =) I don't know how i can compress the file though, since i get this error everytime. :( Maybe it is not possible with the german version of the file? I can upload the file for you, if you want that.

Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/169848125/KERNEL.BIN.html

It's working fine for me. Are you selecting the KERNEL.BIN file when you tell it to Compile?

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008-12-03 17:06:47 »

It's working fine for me. Are you selecting the KERNEL.BIN file when you tell it to Compile?

Yep. Was that wrong? I try it again without selecting the file. I already tried to select a different folder / filename.. :(

If i choose nothing, i can't click "open". :(

How did you create that programm? Maybe i am missing some DLLs.. Visual Basic?

burnloungaz

• www.burnloungaz.synthasite.com
    • View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #129 on: 2008-12-03 17:11:57 »
the only thing you have to do is open the kernal file not kernal 2. from there its self exsplanatory. if it dont work its your game or pc. i have a 8 yr old laptop and everything i have found on this site works, with an exception to laviathin.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008-12-03 17:15:26 »
the only thing you have to do is open the kernal file not kernal 2. from there its self exsplanatory. if it dont work its your game or pc. i have a 8 yr old laptop and everything i have found on this site works, with an exception to laviathin.

I know what i have to do, but i get the message everytime. Here it is again:

http://666kb.com/i/b4cye1iqo44kemyub.jpg

I also know, that it is my pc.. I just need to know which files are missing. :( I thought about the runtime files from Visual Basic, but i installed them and -> nothing. Maybe i try it on Windows XP later, since i use the Server 2008 version (it has the same kernel that vista has).

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #131 on: 2008-12-03 17:19:53 »
how many times have you tryed redownloading it?

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008-12-03 17:35:52 »
how many times have you tryed redownloading it?

I downloaded the file 1 time, if you mean that.

Btw, i tested it on XP.. It worked.. So i miss some files in my OS, but i still don't know which one is missing. Guess i have to wait for NFITC1. :/

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #133 on: 2008-12-03 17:53:03 »
i guess so

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008-12-03 17:59:16 »
lol you can make a materia that lets you use limits whenever you want to only problem is you can only use the limits you know

How does that work? o0 Would be great if you say the exact values for this materia. =)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008-12-03 18:07:59 »
lol you can make a materia that lets you use limits whenever you want to only problem is you can only use the limits you know

How does that work? o0 Would be great if you say the exact values for this materia. =)

I'm not too sure about this, but you could create an attack with the additional effect "14" and have a materia that uses that attack. Unfortunately, it would only fill the limit bar of the other two characters in the party, leaving the bar of the character using it no more full than it was before.*

* With good reason; this property only normally exists in Aeris' limit break "Fury Brand". If it filled her limit bar as well, the player would have infinite limit breaks as long as she was alive.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #136 on: 2008-12-03 18:30:45 »
what you can do is go in and edit skills to where every time the user casts it the other 2 allies get limits. this is great with bahamut zero or phoenix

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008-12-03 18:51:39 »
Ah.. Sounds nice. o0

I have the problem, that i can't create new spells. :/ I created the "Holy" spell, and put it into the "Ultima" materia. I changed the text (it is shown in the materiatab), but i can't use it in the spellmenu. :/ The spell isn't shown in battle..

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #138 on: 2008-12-03 18:55:45 »
you have 2 sets of values in the program, ap and the bottom on. you have to set the ap to where you level up the materia and earn it.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #139 on: 2008-12-03 18:59:30 »
Ah.. Sounds nice. o0

I have the problem, that i can't create new spells. :/ I created the "Holy" spell, and put it into the "Ultima" materia. I changed the text (it is shown in the materiatab), but i can't use it in the spellmenu. :/ The spell isn't shown in battle..

OK, let me address each of your issues in turn:

1) File not found:
What it's doing when it's compressing the kernel.bin. It needs to find these files. GZip.exe must be in the same directory as WallMarket. Then, all the Kernel files must be in the same directory as the kernel you're trying to write to. After that, it looks for the gz files that gzip should have made. That's all the file access that WM does. If you can "save for later" then it's a problem with it locating gzip. Can you post a picture of the directory where you're storing WM and the kernel?

2) No new attack:
How did you change the name? WM 0.9.X can't do that. How did you add the spell? That may be an issue with the magic list in kernel section 3 (battle and growth data) also which WM 0.9.X can't do.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #140 on: 2008-12-03 19:05:59 »
i begg to differ. iv added skills with wm.. to chang names you need something like teioh. but its done. i have a material with ultima full life and bah. zero all.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-03 19:10:37 by burnloungaz »

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008-12-03 19:12:22 »
Ah.. Sounds nice. o0

OK, let me address each of your issues in turn:

1) File not found:
What it's doing when it's compressing the kernel.bin. It needs to find these files. GZip.exe must be in the same directory as WallMarket. Then, all the Kernel files must be in the same directory as the kernel you're trying to write to. After that, it looks for the gz files that gzip should have made. That's all the file access that WM does. If you can "save for later" then it's a problem with it locating gzip. Can you post a picture of the directory where you're storing WM and the kernel?

2) No new attack:
How did you change the name? WM 0.9.X can't do that. How did you add the spell? That may be an issue with the magic list in kernel section 3 (battle and growth data) also which WM 0.9.X can't do.

1. I have no problems with Windows XP, but i have problems with Windows Server 2008. Sure, let me upload a picture. =) It is in german, since i am german.

http://666kb.com/i/b4d8kohkkfhwvbt9f.jpg

WM Data contains the files (kernel etc). I tried it in the same folder too, i also tried batchfiles for GZip.. The problem must be missing DLLs..

2. I looked into the WM list (found the spellnumber and put it into the materia), and then i changed it in the Kernel2.bin with "Teioh Version 21". =)

Then i had the spell "Holy" in the materia "Ultima".. But sadly not in the battlemenu "spell". :(

Thanks for helping me, btw!

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #142 on: 2008-12-03 19:14:03 »
did you fix it?

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008-12-03 19:19:54 »
Did i fixed what?

I have a materia with Holy too, but i can't select the spell in a battle. :/ But the "Gewaltenteiler" has the skin of the Masamune now! Thanks to Leighos Kudistos Megistos!

Btw, here is a screenshot of my materia..

http://666kb.com/i/b4d8rj7j07mcp7zdv.jpg

Maybe i could increase the size of the spellmenu using Cosmo or Teioh..

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #144 on: 2008-12-03 19:24:41 »
no, go into wall market and add a one to all ap lvls then get 100 ap.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008-12-03 19:28:53 »
no, go into wall market and add a one to all ap lvls then get 100 ap.

And then? I still can't select a (completely) NEW spell in the spellmenu.. That's the problem i mean. :/

I didn't change an existing spell, i created a new spell..

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #146 on: 2008-12-03 19:34:54 »
1. I have no problems with Windows XP, but i have problems with Windows Server 2008. Sure, let me upload a picture. =) It is in german, since i am german.

http://666kb.com/i/b4d8kohkkfhwvbt9f.jpg

WM Data contains the files (kernel etc). I tried it in the same folder too, i also tried batchfiles for GZip.. The problem must be missing DLLs..

I HIGHLY doubt you would even be able to open WM if you were missing DLLs. The libraries are opened before the program is run. On top of that, nothing significantly different happens between when you open the files to begin with and when you compress them. If you can open a kernel then the problem is with opening the kernel.binx or the kernel.binx.gz files. About the picture: Where are all the little kernel files? KERNEL.BIN0, KERNEL.BIN1, etc. Those should be in the same directory as the KERNEL.BIN file you're editing. What's likely causing this is gzip isn't compressing them correctly or the gz files are getting deleted immediately after they are inserted (which shouldn't be happening).

And then? I still can't select a (completely) NEW spell in the spellmenu.. That's the problem i mean. :/

I didn't change an existing spell, i created a new spell..

This is another limitation of WM. It cannot create new spells like that. You'd also need to change the battle and growth data section of the kernel.bin (see the wiki for more information about that) to accept that as a spell. Did you pick the empty spell after Ultima?

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008-12-03 20:01:35 »
They are in the Data folder, and the problem is ONLY in Windows Server 2008. It won't happen under the same circumstances (folderorder etc.) in Win XP. So i am missing some dlls for sure, but i don't know which. :/

No, i picked the spell after Vincent's Limits.. I guess it was number 123 or 124 in WM.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #148 on: 2008-12-03 20:14:18 »
They are in the Data folder, and the problem is ONLY in Windows Server 2008. It won't happen under the same circumstances (folderorder etc.) in Win XP. So i am missing some dlls for sure, but i don't know which. :/

No, i picked the spell after Vincent's Limits.. I guess it was number 123 or 124 in WM.

The smaller kernel files HAVE to be in the same directory (in no sub directory) as the kernel.bin file you're trying to edit. And I don't think you're listening about the dlls.

The attack after Vincent's Limit transformations is Blade Beam's shockwave. You can add it to materia, but it will not show up in the magic menu. Only the first 56 attacks have the ability to show up in that menu and even then you'd have to change the KERNEL.BIN2 file for that to happen (not to be confused with kernel2.bin). Even THEN I can't guarantee that attacks 55 and 56 would show up. Trying to add new attacks to a menu is very difficult. You're better off just changing one of the existing attacks.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008-12-03 20:22:22 »

The smaller kernel files HAVE to be in the same directory (in no sub directory) as the kernel.bin file you're trying to edit. And I don't think you're listening about the dlls.

The attack after Vincent's Limit transformations is Blade Beam's shockwave. You can add it to materia, but it will not show up in the magic menu. Only the first 56 attacks have the ability to show up in that menu and even then you'd have to change the KERNEL.BIN2 file for that to happen (not to be confused with kernel2.bin). Even THEN I can't guarantee that attacks 55 and 56 would show up. Trying to add new attacks to a menu is very difficult. You're better off just changing one of the existing attacks.

They are in the kernel.bin folder. The kernel.bin in the "main"folder is just a back up. =)

Here is another screenshot (only a small picture with some of the files. All of them are inside though): http://666kb.com/i/b4daauf3yo6w9x9lv.jpg

Yeah, thought so.. So i have to modify existing spells. :/ Sad.. Maybe i can put the effects "Frog/Small" together, and some other spells also.. I could modify the other spells to my desired spells then (Holy, Terror, Enchantment etc.). Thanks though..

With which program did you create WM? I have to find out which files i could need. Maybe there are the redistributable files available..