Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328566 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #125 on: 2010-06-19 18:54:04 »
Absolutely. I could probably make it up for you if you wish.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010-06-22 14:03:54 »
Sorry sl1982 I thought I posted this :P

I think it would be better if I made one myself, since I make releases quite often. It would be easier on the both of us if I done them myself, so I didnt have to bug you every time :P

Hopefully at the end of this week I should be able to do some more on this...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010-06-22 19:57:09 »
Its up to you. But i could make an installer for you and give you the script so you would be able to recompile new versions every time you needed to make another one.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010-06-22 20:01:47 »
That would be quite handy thanks  :P Do you need anything off me atm?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010-06-22 20:06:08 »
Well when you are ready to release i will need all the files to make the first installer. As well as instructions on what files go where. Other then that i will take care of the rest.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010-06-30 12:57:13 »
Thanks. I'm gonna have a check through soon, to make sure there are no missing gaps in the part i want to give as a demo :P

I'll actually have to decide where I want you to play too :P

Ok so I think I'm gonna try and make a Trailer now, since I have Fraps and Sony Vegas back, aaaand, as I promised Mendelevium, I'll try and write a guide for Makou Reactor.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2010-06-30 15:36:27 »
I know it has been a while since this was discussed, but who said Aerith's revival has to be explained?  I was thinking she just has to pop up out of nowhere and have a brief introductory scene...

Barret: "Aeris!?  Wut?  How're you still alive?"

Aeris: "With great difficulty..."

[Aeris rejoins the party!]

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010-07-01 16:25:27 »
Ok guys, Trailer is up! EDIT: This is a better quality version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiet07LL8o (is it possible to embed youtube on Qhimm?)

I tried to make it epic, and failed in the process :P But at least there is some sort of video up.

I can make gameplay vids, and you guys can direct me on what to do with it.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-01 18:21:44 by ultima espio »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010-07-01 22:09:55 »
I'm no expert but seeing that video.. Is it possible to add new videos to the game by editing the exe to trigger the game to show that new video?? Maybe we can have a video to show Aeris meeting Cloud's party for the second time. :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010-07-01 22:24:31 »
I'm loving that remix of Aerith's theme in that video. Where'd ya get it?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010-07-02 02:43:01 »
It's the Crisis Core version.  "A Flower Blooming in the Slums".

I like the trailer :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010-07-02 14:32:51 »
It's the Crisis Core version.  "A Flower Blooming in the Slums".

I like the trailer :)

Yep, its the Crisis Core version. Notice how I only used scenes where she doesn't speak? :P

...I didnt realise that she was using Barret's text when I uploaded it the first time, which is why I had to add that box "IGNORE THIS TEXT" haha :P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Seeing as the characters proclaim epic statements of their willpower before challenging Bizarro Sephiroth, what should Aeris say?

"I didn't come back to life just to get killed again now!"

Or something like that ;)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
AERITH : "You won't keep killing me !"
SEPHIROTH : "But I will. I will kill you until you die !"
« Last Edit: 2010-07-02 17:16:34 by Armorvil »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Ok guys, is there a scene you particularly want to see Aeris in? Or want to see how a scene works with her in?

Tuxedo

• View Profile
The scene where you meet Cloud after he's left he party and you have to play as Cid/Tifa. I can't remember, haven't played this in a while, I was going to until I came across this like yesterday or something so I'm waiting till it's complete.  ;D

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Ok guys, is there a scene you particularly want to see Aeris in? Or want to see how a scene works with her in?
I'd like to see how she talks with Hojo when Cloud's party attack him in Midgar. Vincent has a couple of lines in that scene right?? I'd like to see Aeris too. :)

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
You know how Cloud has the option of promising Aeris that she'll get to fly on the Highwind one day?  (He says that on the cargo ship from Junon to Costa del Sol, while they're all disguised as Shinra people.)  I'm just thinking that there should be some optional dialogue with Aeris on the Highwind basically exclaiming how amazing it is.

Also, it's important to remember that Aeris tends not to worry about anything.  She should act solemn while Cloud is in his coma, but not miserable.  She could actually offer Tifa some consultation (EDIT: consolation).
« Last Edit: 2010-07-08 10:27:35 by The Seer of Shadows »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
Personally, id like to see the waterfall scene with Bugenhagen. it's -one of- the prettiest scenes in the game, and i'd like to see your imagination put to work as to how that scene would play out :P. i'd also like to see her scream over Diamond Weapon :3.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well, the waterfall scene is pretty pointless since I'm not going to change it. If square put her in that scene already, then i'm gonna leave it. I don't see much point in altering it tbh.

Actually, I have noticed something similar about those scenes. They were all made by the same artist, so I assume that he just didnt know where Aeris was going to die when he made the level, so he just added her in anyway.

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 Hi:3, project still alive? Any updates?^_^

I was thinking myself of adding Aerith to the game after Tifa saves Cloud from the lifestream(and his dreamworld), like they swim up, she could return her body alive seeing the earth in trouble, yet just a body soulless. In a state kind of like Cloud at the beginning of the game when he also deadly wounded firstly fallen to lifestream which mixed his personality with Zak's. Nobody died near her then so it wouldn't require much text as she could just "..." gaining personality and longer speaches over time. If something like that would be possible on ff7 script, then would be nice to also add check if player rob those poor little birds nest(at mountain pass part) out of phoenix down's and make her return only if he left them alone(as that part is somewhat hidden yet useless in normal state).

But I guess the idea of just having her back from the moment she normally died gives her more playtime, which somewhat is nice. Also meteor seems to love crashing itself(any other editor for field scripts?) plus it's my first to see ff7 script itself and I need to catch a grip of it before I'll be able to do anything>.>, feels pretty raw at first sight. Does it allow variables?:P Hah need to study some examples.

About some ideas from this topic, can we really add completely new weapon for Aerith? Can we just hex it into kernel.bin as her next weapon and add some crazy looking model(double bladed lightsaber*pink?* just jumped to my mind, through I'm not an SW fan=]) or is it hardcoded?

Anyway keep up the good work.:3

ultima espio

• View Profile
Makou reactor is what i use for scripts, meteor is incredibly outdated :P

Dunno about weapons.

Yeah, i have actually just updated today, screens soon ;D ;)

Miseru

• View Profile
 Aw can't really run Makou Reactor on the pc I'm stuck with for a while so meteor is only choice for now.  I'll check it later on something better most likely, or try to recompile on this crappy pc=].

Hah through if you will release your mod, most likely I'll try something differen't or concentrate on a way to make Aerith return more or less explained in the plot:P. It bugs me to just have her back like nothing happened. Through it also bugged me at my first play why I can't use that shitty phoenix down nor ressurect materia or even summon phoenix to get her back. >.> I'll go and look into adding some new weapon maybe first. Her ultimate weapon is kind of bad if she would ressurect it would be good to have at least two more IF it's possible which I'm not sure yet. Later today I'm gonna do some manual hex editing in kernel.bin and hope it doesn't crash for the start. Through it probably will as those weapons most likely are indexed in some other places too. xD

EDIT:
 Well I tried to manually add 2 new weapons for Aerith.
 If I edit both kernel.bin AND kernel2.bin(adding names for new weapons) game will not load at all. If I just add them to kernel.bin leaving kernel2.bin unmodified then I was shocked for a moment:O game launched normally... then it hanged at main menu screen before I even pressed anything. Well I just couldn't move the cursor nor start a game, not really sure what happened there. xD
 My catch it's not possible, but maybe there is a way, through ugly workaround.  CaitSith have an answer to this problem(maybe - still not tested - I just got that idea writing this edit:P) well his weapons at least few first ones suck couse they're practically SAME with different colors, stats aren't much different either if it's possible, then just get like one or two of his stupid megaphones changing models to some staff or rods and add them to Aerith. It should be as simple as changing few bytes to check. I'm just unsure if the model of potentially new weapon would need to be added for Aerith or replacing the previous Cait Sith weapon:P. Well it's fairy good and I say that as a person who likes to play with Caith Sith in the squad. Those low lvl megaphones of his doesn't really do much difference.

Edit2:
 Giving a character a weapon of somebody else works great, only downside a new staff made out of green m-phone(imho most useless Cait Sith weapon) still have an megaphone icon under "items" but everything else works. I only wonder why characters have placeholder models to have max models if I can't really add completely NEW weapons to them. Or maybe I fail at something that should work. >.>
« Last Edit: 2010-07-18 04:15:03 by Miseru »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Ok, so I've just made Aeris move places on the Highwind ;D

When playing as Tifa, she will stand in the place that Tifa does when you get Cloud back. Once you start playing as Cid, she moves down onto the deck where Yuffie was. Theres a strange bug there too, if you go there as Tifa, you will not be able to move. ???

Miseru

• View Profile
 Not sure about Makou Reactor, but if the game freezes when you go to an edited field it most likely mean some kind of loop or function you forgot to close:P. Aw a damn pity I'm left with meteor for the time being, adding anims with it crashing all the time or not allowing me to even target what I want on it's walkmesh & 3D view:P. I'll wait with it till I return to civilisation and a pc that can handle any decent operating system;P. Heheh I should win a first prize on making most stupid return of Aerith ingame=]...
 ...added simple MMB+- (01,03) & MMBUK (03) + additional description to... pickup in Gast's House. xD I saw this location nice as it was practically right after her death, in her biological parent's house, quite easily to explain by few lines, but damn I guess it's not soo possible without Makou Reactor:C. Heheh hence I ressurected Aerith in my game by picking up stupid potion, well stupid Turbo Ether to be exact:P. Well with such crappy method I could as well just add this to her dying scene, but after I gave up on adding new anims with meteor I was too lazy to change a field. xD

How did you learn your scripting all those anims looks quite like original, or it's just soo easy with that makou reactor? I find wiki opcodes quite confusing, for example MMB+- is MMBud at wiki>.>, it's much easier for me to just check examples of stuff already done, through in stupid meteor I can't really add anims so I'll pass learning it untill I get my hand on that other editor:P.

For now I just plan to make my newly ressurected(with my crappy patch:C) Aerith overpowered by adding new weapon with A3 damage calculation :P(multiplies normally calculated damage with every 16 lvls of enemy, x2 power at 32 lvl enemy, x3 at 48 lvl enemy etc.) that's just sick, althrough I forgot max lvl of enemies so dunno how much she'll hit with it at last CD. And I don't really like the idea of all characters having same weapons. I guess Vincent ultimate weapon have different damage calculation too, rising power by enemies killed. =] And really Green Megaphone is best to replace with new weapon for her if you're planning something like that in your patch. it can be bought in Cosmo and isn't really so better than starting weapon of CS, while you get next one at Wutai or even Rocket town, quite close. CS starting weapons look alike, most people don't even play with him, I do(reason: couse nobody else does:P) - didn't really saw a difference without this weapon.

Anyway great work you're doing there:P, hope you fix that bug you got and make it to a state worthy releasing before you gave up^_^, heheh readed some previous topics of yours and I guess you did gave up on that mod once before:P, hope this time it'll turn better. This mod of yours is probably second after Chibi Barret I wish to see released lol:P.