Author Topic: Gaea's Cliff Problem [FF7]  (Read 4232 times)

Chated

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff Problem [FF7]
« on: 2013-07-14 22:57:27 »
Hey guys and gals,

First of all I am playing the bootleg-modded version of FF7, and I am having a blast. Been a while since I have played FF7 and it is just improving the experience. That being said, I have recently started climbing Gaea's Cliff and made it to the "Icicle Room". In case you don't understand what room, it's the one where you have to fight 4 icicles in a row in order to reach the 2-headed boss. My issue is that when I start the run through the icicles (as you are supposed to keep fighting them 1 after the other and NOT jump down to the next level), I am automatically forced to jump off after the second icicle fight. I am given no option asking if I want to jump down to the ground level, it just does it anyways. I am not sure what to do and was wondering if there was a way to edit it so that all the icicles have been dropped down and I can move on with the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Gaea's Cliff Problem [FF7]
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-14 23:32:04 »
What you might be able to do is use the Black Chocobo Save Editor to move your team into the next screen (onto the left hand side next to the Enhance Sword treasure box) so you can advance: http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackchocobo/ .

Another more long-term solution might be to reinstall the game/bootleg mod to fix whatever it is that's knocked the game's script out of whack (the flevel.lgp file is where the game's scripts and events are stored). But I hear that takes a while, so maybe not practical. Give the Black Chocobo editor a try, just remember that if your game files are in Program Folders or anywhere else that's protected then you'll need to give it permissions to access/edit data.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-15 02:21:25 »
I forgot to put this in my FAQ. It's is an issue with the current Menu Overhaul, and will be fixed in its next release. DLPB says to choose the opposite option, which I guess means to choose yes after the first icicle. Try this and report back if it works please.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13558.msg189588#msg189588

Chated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-15 03:42:14 »
Thanks for the responses! Upon testing EQ2Alyza's theory I can confirm that this was the problem. By choosing the opposite action (in this case choosing to jump), you get to stay on the ledge the whole time. Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated!