Author Topic: Multiple inputs when pressing button once (Dualshock 4)  (Read 2117 times)

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
The title pretty much explains it. This doesn't happen when I launch FF7 in a regular fashion, but does happen when I launch through 7H launcher.

I've tried:

• Enabling/disabling ds4windows
  • Unchecking/checking "hide" in ds4windows

The only mods I have active are Remako and Reunion (only using retranslation, menu overhaul and 60fps). I did a search on the forums but can't find anyone with this specific problem and I'd appreciate any help I can get. Anyone know why I am getting multiple inputs when pressing a button only once? I can't reconfig the controls in the menu because everything is instantly "confirm" since I don't get enough time to press anything else because of the rapid inputs.

paladin181

• View Profile
Re: Multiple inputs when pressing button once (Dualshock 4)
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-23 23:52:01 »
Are you using an input wrapper like Antimicro, joy2key, or xpadder?

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-24 09:29:23 »
No, nothing like that except for ds4windows which I've tried without :(

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-06-24 18:41:53 »
I appreciate the link, but that guy's problem is not the same as mine. I had the same d-pad issue but I worked around it with the help of ds4windows. If you mean that I should just try another program to map the keys, I would prefer not having to download a mapping program specifically for just one game unless it's the only way to solve this. Thank you anyway.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-06-25 22:24:43 »
Steam might be grabbing your inputs and converting to keyboard or mouse. If you launch a game outside of steam it may use it's default control scheme. You can tell steam not to grab your controller or customize your controls in steam.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-06-26 17:05:51 »
I'm launching outside of steam (7th heaven), I don't even have steam running in the background. This specifically happens when I launch through 7th heaven. Is there a chance Steam might be affecting the game despite that? Anyway, I turned off controller support in steam and I still have the same problem. Thanks anyway.