Author Topic: Field models main/non Player not working since last update  (Read 9195 times)

Kingdeath

• View Profile
I updated them today and now they are back to the default... and yes its at the top of the mod list (sorry don't know where to post this)

Black XIII

• View Profile
Having the same problem.

I haven't seen anything beyond the train station in the beginning yet, but Barret, Biggs, Wedge Jessie, the guys in red and the Shinra soldiers are all stuck as chibi polygons.

And Cloud's battle model is the default as well, so it seems like the Battle Models mod isn't working either.

Have followed the load order in the written tutorial, triple checked. Don't know what the problem is.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
This is from the direct mode = on in your ff7_opengl.cfg. I changed the model folders to support that feature because it supposedly helps with lag a little. Download the GC from STEP 1 again and run it with the Overwrite option. I've updated it with direct mode turned on.

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
I have the exact same problem and the solution suggested does not work. I'm running the Steam version of the game. The models (both field and battle) were working flawlessly before the update. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just saw in another thread that "Also be sure that Workshop -> Settings -> Extra Folders has direct typed into it." It solved the problem for me. Hope it helps other users as well. Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 03:29:16 by PetrucciJohn »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
EDIT: Just saw in another thread that "Also be sure that Workshop -> Settings -> Extra Folders has direct typed into it." It solved the problem for me. Hope it helps other users as well. Cheers!

It's also stated in the written tutorial. Glad you have it all working :)

Kingdeath

• View Profile
I got it all working now... and thanks  :-D. keep up the great work ;D

levantine

• View Profile
Same pb, can't work field models/non payer when my new threat mod is active since the update, yesterday all worked perfectly, trying method that you said but no result :( i regret to updated field models and non player models mod, any suggesrions?

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
Same pb, can't work field models/non payer when my new threat mod is active since the update, yesterday all worked perfectly, trying method that you said but no result :( i regret to updated field models and non player models mod, any suggesrions?

"Also be sure that Workshop -> Settings -> Extra Folders has 'direct' typed into it." Have you tried this as well? That was the problem for me.

jerrremy

• View Profile
I am having the same issue and have tried all solutions suggested above. Any other ideas?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
If you have direct_mode = yes in your ff7_opengl.cfg then it will work. It could be your load order. Post your Profile Details.

jerrremy

• View Profile
Re: Field models main/non Player not working since last update
« Reply #10 on: 2017-01-25 14:23:59 »
I just edited the .cfg file itself directly and that seems to have worked (I thought running the GC would fix this, but I guess it did not). Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-01-26 07:45:55 »
You have to download the GC again from STEP 1 to get the changes made. The version before the model updates has direct_mode = no as the preset.

travvy87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-01-30 07:13:19 »
Hello, thought i'd chime in here.

I was having the same problem as OP and went through all the posts, i downloaded the GC again (it says version 1.02 in the window) and clicked the overwrite option however it didn't change direct_mode option. I had to manually edit that field before the models would show up.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-01-30 10:49:57 »
Code: [Select]
FF7 GameConverter, Version 7th Heaven
Creator: Kompass63
Editor: EQ2Alyza

Those are the first 3 lines you should see when running it. It should also report that in the FF7_GC.log.

travvy87

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017-01-31 01:49:17 »
Yep that's what is in the log, all i'm saying is that i downloaded the GC again via Step 1, ran it using the overwrite method, but it didn't change the value automatically, I had to do that manually.
It's possible it might not be working correctly or it has to be unpatched, and then done again. 

the only thing is that it said 'direct_mode = off' not 'direct_mode = no' before i edited it, if that makes any difference

Invader_X

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-02-27 05:42:40 »
hey it is not working for me..

1) I downloaded Step one from: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0 again

2) Ran the GC

3) Made sure my Extra Folder in 7th Heaven has 'direct' written in it

It's still the same blocky models..

My mod order is the same as this minus the mods I didn't include: http://i.imgur.com/oUw3vWK.png

What now?

Invader_X

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017-02-27 05:53:52 »
Also, I don't get how people are editing their  ff7_opengl.cfg. Do I need to do this:?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2017-02-27 07:44:40 »
Yes, use Notepad or Notepad+ to edit ff7_opengl.cfg. The line to edit is at the bottom.

Invader_X

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2017-02-28 06:14:37 »
WOHOOOOOOO!!!!

It works now thanks EQ2Alyza