Author Topic: battle error!  (Read 3877 times)

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
battle error!
« on: 2011-07-01 10:51:12 »
Hi. During the battle start a message pops up that says Error : could not open file RED13.T09. Although it gives up this message the game doesn't crush or stop responding or anything like that. It just gets slower and it may stuck for around a second and unexpected: zero count. I don't understand the nature of my problem. Maybe it's because of the felix leonheart and magochocobo's battle scenes that makes it happen so. Any ideas on the matter??
« Last Edit: 2011-07-01 10:55:40 by kicker »

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: battle error!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-02 23:21:43 »
I am not 100% sure on this but isn't that error due to character and weapon models, you are most likely getting that error due to using custom models, try undoing whatever patch you used on RedXIII and it should solve the problem.

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-03 10:12:58 »
this has nothing to do with the character models. it only happened after i updated my aali driver and installed the enchanced battle and field mods. :S

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-03 11:43:15 »
well it does seem to be a RedXIII problem (you can check this by taking him out of your party and seeing if the error still happens), but if you just updated to a new version of Aali's driver the error has probably always been there but only just started showing, you can just add this line to the ff7opengl config file
disable_popup = yes
to stop these messages from appearing in the later versions of his driver (the problem will still be there but it wont show, and since it isn't a major problem this may be the best solution for you).

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-04 11:27:15 »
You are probably right. I'll disable it :) thnx for the help :)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-04 17:07:01 »
Kicker, once you've tried this, can you tell us whether this worked?

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-04 21:02:27 »
I get this same error for both Tifa and Aeris (haven't played far enough yet to get any more characters), always with [CHARACTER].T09. Is Aali's driver looking for a non-existent file when loading characters' battle models?

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-05 00:16:18 »
it looks like by changing Red the error for REDXIII stops. But still the problem unexpected:zero count. still pops up. Furthermore when i used once Tifa's limit break it said :glitch:texture conversion. maybe this showed up due to my applying the Tifa limit break patch. And i think it's still not compatible with the menu overhaul mod.