Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 703952 times)

Nightmare799

• View Profile
Re: [Release v1.4.5] WallMarket KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #1075 on: 2014-01-18 18:18:58 »

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 2014-01-20 21:03:37 »
Uhh, NFITC1, would you please tell me when I can infrom myself on materia modifiers?

I am trying to make double cut (that means 2x cut and 4x cut) a standalone command, but changing materia type does nothing.

Also, would it be possible to add Limit to magic tab or enemy skill tab so it doesnt override attack?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2014-01-20 21:24:07 »
I'm pretty sure that this needs editing in the exe. If it would be possible to move the limit to another place, it would be better to make it like VIII or X. I would use one of the row or defend windows and merge these two in one. So the limit option appears by using the left key and with the right key you can open the tactical window with defend and row.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 2014-01-20 21:34:24 »
I'm pretty sure that this needs editing in the exe. If it would be possible to move the limit to another place, it would be better to make it like VIII or X. I would use one of the row or defend windows and merge these two in one. So the limit option appears by using the left key and with the right key you can open the tactical window with defend and row.

Seems that way. all I managed to do was to make limit dissapear into thin air.

I have got that idea with defend too, but there is not a damn trace of option like this anywhere.

One thing though that caught my eye is the character growth tab. I think ill take gooooood look into that.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1079 on: 2014-01-21 13:48:15 »
Uhh, NFITC1, would you please tell me when I can infrom myself on materia modifiers?
What d'ya mean 'when'?

I am trying to make double cut (that means 2x cut and 4x cut) a standalone command, but changing materia type does nothing.
Sometimes this works, sometimes not. The modification of commands is pretty limited. Basically, Double and Quad-cut commands can only replace Attack. There are technical reasons behind that that I could probably change in the exe.

Also, would it be possible to add Limit to magic tab or enemy skill tab so it doesnt override attack?
No. Like above, Limit can only replace Attack. You can make a materia to permanently give you the Limit command in place of Attack, but that gets old pretty fast.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 2014-01-21 15:26:38 »
What d'ya mean 'when'?

Typo sorry, I meant where.

Sometimes this works, sometimes not. The modification of commands is pretty limited. Basically, Double and Quad-cut commands can only replace Attack. There are technical reasons behind that that I could probably change in the exe.

Would you recommend me a tool that can edit the exe? I wouldnt want to bother you with something I might be able to do myself.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1081 on: 2014-01-21 18:10:23 »
Would you recommend me a tool that can edit the exe? I wouldnt want to bother you with something I might be able to do myself.

Doesn't exist. Any exe modding gets done via hex editors.

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 2014-01-21 18:18:48 »
Hey

can you use this wall market to get sephiroth super nova attack

thanks

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1083 on: 2014-01-21 18:43:45 »
You can make an attack have identical stats, but you can't play the animation anywhere other than the "swirling heavens" battle background.

gmac830

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2014-01-23 02:51:23 »
Any suggesitons: Just dl's the version and when I clicked the exe it keeps saying Wallstreet has encountered a problem and quickly shuts down.  This occurs within 5 seconds each time I try it.  Any suggestions are recommended

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #1085 on: 2014-01-23 08:17:48 »
Any suggesitons: Just dl's the version and when I clicked the exe it keeps saying Wallstreet has encountered a problem and quickly shuts down.  This occurs within 5 seconds each time I try it.  Any suggestions are recommended

First, I think you should better ask Gordon Gekko about Wall Street ;) (Just Joking)

Requires:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0 or higher (for WallMarket)

WallMarket 1.4.5 is here!!
Mediafire Mirror

Make sure you have installed all the required Microsoft Software. If so reinstall them to be sure. Then reinstall Wallmarket and try again.

Regards
« Last Edit: 2014-01-23 08:34:03 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 2014-04-17 20:41:01 »
Hey

everytime i try to use this program on my windows 8.1 laptop

it crashes on me and won't start up at all

so how can i fix this problem

thanks

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)
« Reply #1087 on: 2014-07-26 14:12:53 »
Hi,

as NFITC1 stated multiple times already(if you go 1-2 pages backwards) read the opening post. You need Visual Basic 3.0 and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 or higher. I just encountered the same problem on my new Win 8 PC, downloaded the stuff and it works flawlessly.

Einlanzer

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 2014-10-11 16:43:43 »
Hello, I love this program! Question, though - is there any way to modify the icons used by items/weapons/armor/etc.?  I want to convert a few weapons to different types (like, say, spears to staffs).  If there is no way with this program, is there any way period?  Thanks!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 2014-10-11 18:53:56 »
That is not in the kernel, and I don't think that would be an easy task. It surely is possible, anything is possible, but I doubt it's worth the effort for the reward.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 2014-10-11 19:09:22 »
Just edit the texture using photoshop. If using 1998 version, Aali's driver allows for modification.  Install Reunion R01 (install to a dummy folder if you dont actually want to install it), and then look at the modpath texture files.  You'll find the icon files there.  We editied in some higher resolution ones for Reunion.

If you are not using Reunion with your mod, then someone around here may be able to give you the correct texture files so you may edit them for original game.

Einlanzer

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2014-10-15 20:16:23 »
Hmm.. I'm using the Steam version, and reunion doesn't allow me to install to dummy folder.  Where are the icon files located in the standard game?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1092 on: 2014-10-15 20:28:01 »
I believe it's in the menu_XX.bin file where XX is your regionalized country code. Any further discussion of this does not belong in this thread. Please start a new one.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2014-10-17 10:28:21 »
Hi NFITC1, I guess you are aware of the fact that edited PSX KERNEL.BIN files must have the strange property of having even amounts of bytes in each piece. It isn't that much work to take care of this oneself but I just wanted to ask if there is any chance this is added to WM as I thought maybe it is super easy for you just to add this feature. And no, Im not lazy just asking :D :D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1094 on: 2014-10-17 14:23:17 »
It should do this by default. Each of the pieces of the KERNEL.BIN has a fixed length so WM can't make that larger or smaller.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 2014-10-17 20:34:03 »
Yes, if you decompress the 26 pieces they end with either ff or ff ff. If the size of a piece got uneven after editing KERNEL.BIN (which happens especially after editing texts) one must fix the pieces manually by deleting or adding ff depending on which of the 2 cases applied.

If I dont do this the KERNEL.BIN works only in emulator and crashes on PSP/PSX.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1096 on: 2014-10-17 20:46:43 »
...Huh. This has never come up in its six years of use. Yeah, that shouldn't be hard to do at all.

Jordancyre

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2014-12-06 00:35:04 »
So I'm checking this editor out and it's a little different from what I am used to.  I am having issues.  Here's what I am doing step-by-step and it appears that nothing is happening.

PC 2012 port with Tifa's bootleg (don't know if that makes a difference but it doesn't hurt to share that info.)

1. open kernel.bin
2. click on "Weapons" tab
3. change Buster Sword's Growth to "None"
4. Create Kernel.bin and Kernel2.bin
5. open game
6. observe no change  ???

Am I missing a step?  I also tested this with changing the text of the Diamond Tiara to "Just a testing tiara" and there were no changes there either :|.

Please advise!

(overall though this looks like a really powerful editor... I'm sure I'll love it if i can get it to work lol)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1098 on: 2014-12-06 01:37:19 »
PC 2012 port with Tifa's bootleg (don't know if that makes a difference but it doesn't hurt to share that info.)

I do believe that does make a difference. I'm not sure what. Something about loading another KERNEL.BIN file somewhere else or something.

Jordancyre

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 2014-12-06 01:41:11 »
I'm pretty sure that The Kernel is loaded there.  I removed the kernel file from that folder and was unable to load the game at all.  If that was the case I think that the game would still run seeing as it would be a different kernel file.