Author Topic: ergheiz models  (Read 7190 times)

vareal

• View Profile
ergheiz models
« on: 2010-03-05 20:55:07 »
Wondering if it's possible to extract the 3D models of the Ergheiz FF7 characters and apply them to either the PC or PSX versions of FF7, I remember there's a pretty decent rendering of Tifa from Cloud's memory scene in there... just a thought.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: ergheiz models
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-05 20:57:31 »
That's considered ripping models, and is not allowed on the forums anymore. I think...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-05 20:58:05 »
Some work was done on this, but I don't think anything came of it.

It's also against the rules to discuss this now.

It's a shame, because those models might have looked pretty good in FF7, especially as they were based on the original character designs.

vareal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-05 20:58:17 »
ahh, gotcha.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-05 21:40:29 »
yea exnay on this topic, but i recall seeing the textures, they were nice-ish, similar in style to current textures by square, just half the rez, n the models were pretty shoddy though.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-16 03:38:05 »
What is this Ergheiz game?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-16 03:48:30 »

It's a 3D fighting game made by NAMCO (IIRC) for the psx that featured characters from FFVII such as Cloud, Zach, Sephiroth, Vincent, Tifa, and Yuffie. The characters had some pretty cool attacks like Meteorain, cross slash, omnislash, and alternate costumes too, like Shinra outfit Cloud and Final Battle Sephiroth. Vincent could also shoot his gun. You should look it up on Youtube.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-16 06:06:52 »

It's a 3D fighting game made by NAMCO (IIRC) for the psx that featured characters from FFVII such as Cloud, Zach, Sephiroth, Vincent, Tifa, and Yuffie. The characters had some pretty cool attacks like Meteorain, cross slash, omnislash, and alternate costumes too, like Shinra outfit Cloud and Final Battle Sephiroth. Vincent could also shoot his gun. You should look it up on Youtube.

Er.... NAMCO didn't make it IIRC, although the arcade version uses NAMCO's system.

**Ripping the models are not allowed to be discussed, but if anyone makes similar models from scratch, that would be OK.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-16 06:40:49 »
I checked it out. Hmm, it looks like it was popular in its day.
Well, not really because I have never heard of it when PSone was around.  :-\

Satan2k

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-16 08:17:04 »
Back in time, i had the chance to have a friend which got the game =)

We played it together a couple of days.  It was a decent game, but if you remove the "fan feeding" stuff, there's not much to save it.  I mean, it's not a so good fighting game.  It's quite slow, and the fightings were not really exciting... (it's really far from being a Tekken, SNK, neither a Capcom like)

There was on the game, as an addon, a Rpg dongeon mode, which was terrible at this time, because you were allways lacking food and wasting your time to find some until you die miserably.  And it was pretty much a random maze, so the scenery was pretty rough an blocky : nothing to remember from it.

So, lots of good ideas on this game, but not enough ambitious, and some serious gameplay flaws.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-16 08:27:25 by Satan2k »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-16 14:07:31 »
It was developped by dreamfactory, a split off of square, i think they made tobal 1 n 2, along with the bouncer, and other anime based titles. The gameplay of the fighting was far too elaborate, having hi mid low attacks, whilst moving around in 3d, and jumping, and special attacks, and blocking that never worked. I rented it back then, and i hadnt played ne fighters at the time, so thought it was OK, but in retrospect it was pretty bad.

The games only redeeming factor was the ff cameos, as the main cast of the game was a bunch of nomura reject art, half of the characters were apparently ripoffs of popular manga characters (see some police/schoolgirl chick who fights with a yo yo, n a guy with a rocketlauncher in his leg). I'm not sure about these offhand but it was mentioned in a review of the game, so figured I'd share.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-03-16 23:19:25 »
I still have the game (although it's at home 300km away). I only got it because of the FF7 characters, but I somewhat enjoyed it, in a kind of fun/camp way. The dungeon mode was occasionally very annoying but I ended up finishing it.

It might still be useful for basing designs on; there are quite a few different versions of the characters, including Cloud in his Shinra MP uniform, Tifa in her cowgirl outfit and Vincent in his Turk uniform.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-03-19 03:18:21 »
Wow, you guys really disliked it that much? It was one of my favorite fighting games, not only because it had Cloud and tifa but because it

seemed to offer a freedom in the fights that not many other fighting games at the time had. Plus i liked the complexity of the moves and how

the blocking and countering required perfect timing to pull off. It really added more of a reflex factor + skill with it. Didn't give a crap about that

bad RPG mode though. Had some fun times with my friend in friendly competition to see who was better - he always chose sasuke and i chose

cloud.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-03-19 16:06:01 »
Half of the animations were identical to the ones in the Tekken series, which kind of annoyed me.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-03-19 23:55:10 »
The way I look at Ergheiz to be honest, is that it's a pre-alpha for Dissidia =p

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-03-20 03:42:22 »
Hehe, more like the concept for the pre-alpha.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-03-20 03:53:17 »
dissidia had flying, and an interesting hp/bravery system... and easy to use commands, and effective dodging and blocking, and equipment, and... (list goes on)

i dont really see much connexion to erhgeiz other than ff characters :P