Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FF7 Randomiser - Godo  (Read 70806 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FF7 Randomiser - Godo
« Reply #50 on: 2020-02-18 20:13:52 »
If it's listed somewhere and I missed it I'm sorry but what do the various Preset options change?

They apply certain options and parameters, I'm going to do the readme when I put out the 0.3.3 update; it has a few critical bugs and the like fixed in it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2020-02-23 23:38:17 »
Updated Godo to 0.4.0 on main post.

Vargh

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2020-03-09 00:36:18 »
Thank you so much for this, it really ggot me back to my childhood. :) I had alot of fun so far with it, got a bug where barret didnt get any lvls so had to do some interesting farming to get past dyson at 170 hp / 10 mp Barret had alot of dmg so with sadness, back row and full limit and w item it was possible. :D Im just randomizing starting gear/stats/stronger enemies and max ap. I cant use elixir for some reason, had a similira bug last seed when i couldnt use ether.  Thank you again for making this, and Im a swede so excuse my grammar. I Have a bug with sneak attack when combining it with slash all materia to.. I will check the forums though, just joined.

Best regards
/Vargh

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2020-03-09 10:50:02 »
Thank you so much for this, it really ggot me back to my childhood. :) I had alot of fun so far with it, got a bug where barret didnt get any lvls so had to do some interesting farming to get past dyson at 170 hp / 10 mp Barret had alot of dmg so with sadness, back row and full limit and w item it was possible. :D Im just randomizing starting gear/stats/stronger enemies and max ap. I cant use elixir for some reason, had a similira bug last seed when i couldnt use ether.  Thank you again for making this, and Im a swede so excuse my grammar. I Have a bug with sneak attack when combining it with slash all materia to.. I will check the forums though, just joined.

Best regards
/Vargh

I'll check that the items aren't having their usability flags for menu/battle toggled, that might explain why Ether/Elixir became disabled in some cases.

Slash-All shouldn't work with Sneak Attack, I think that only Green and Red Materia will work with Sneak Attack (same with Final Attack).

Vargh

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2020-03-09 11:57:39 »
sneak and slash all did work for about 2 hours of gameplay though, then it stopped. So maybe that it did work was the bug? ;)

Vargh

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2020-03-09 12:12:13 »
I will rerun the seed and test to see what triggers some of the bugs. It was not very helpful feedback. ill do better than just, this is wrong please fix next post.
and tnx again
/Vargh

Vargh

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2020-03-09 13:12:01 »
Sorry almost spamming.
The ether and elixir bug. Seems to be something wrong with the combat flag aas you said, You can use them using throw materia however that will result in the game crashing.
/Vargh

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2020-03-09 13:29:34 »
sneak and slash all did work for about 2 hours of gameplay though, then it stopped. So maybe that it did work was the bug? ;)

Seems I was wrong, Command Materia can link with Sneak Attack. I looked it up.

Sorry almost spamming.
The ether and elixir bug. Seems to be something wrong with the combat flag aas you said, You can use them using throw materia however that will result in the game crashing.
/Vargh

If Throw is wigging out then maybe there's a stray byte out of place for the Command Data segment. Or it might be that changes to weaponry can cause a problem; in either case, I'll do some tests to figure out which it is.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2020-03-13 12:17:03 »
Updated the flevel part; it can now randomise items/materia. Some incorrect file references were removed from the model swapper (these caused game to hang when trying to load a field if one was allocated).

zeldagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2020-03-13 14:49:04 »
I really like your work. Hi, I'm new here *)

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2020-03-18 17:00:52 »
Playing around with this and New Threat Arrange mode, at least the beginning seems to work fine.

Except, I can't use Ethers outside of combat, and a Potion inside combat might be tied into Cait Sith's Transform limit break? It displays a text with the limit pink background that reads: Transform fails!  (I did not randomize any item data. Only starting stats and limit breaks.) and the Disable Escape function doesn't work, at least in the first reactor. But that rule can be enforced manually.

Just realized Vincent is missing from the character stats randomization panel

I'll try another seed now.
- Ok, switching the seed fixed the potion issue but now I can't use Ethers inside combat, they work in battles though.
-- So the Ethers are randomized into another item I think, it plays a party wide smoke effect but does absolutely nothing, it would seem. Antidotes and Echo Drops seem to work as intended. Again, I did not randomize items.
--- The Ethers work after all, but it plays that smoke effect and doesn't display restored MP numbers, also not usable out of combat.

It seems the randomizer over-rides New Threats disabled stat growth, I'll have to randomize the growth then and see if the characters turn out overpowered when rank ups are introduced.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 22:11:37 by Maziac »

quantumsource

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2020-03-19 00:23:47 »
Hi I am noticing some wierd stuff when trying to use the tool. I wanted to confirm I wasn't going crazy so I saved right before midgar zolom toward end of game to run some tests
The defaults for zolam are lv 26, hp:4000 and mp: 348
I tried using godo0.4.2 to only modify enemy hp by +25% (which should make zolam 5000HP)
for some reason when I load the new files its only 4254, and regenerating with same config keeps giving me different values, but not a a static 25% higher in HP.
Am I doing something wrong? Can someone please help me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2020-03-22 02:20:26 »
Playing around with this and New Threat Arrange mode, at least the beginning seems to work fine.

Except, I can't use Ethers outside of combat, and a Potion inside combat might be tied into Cait Sith's Transform limit break? It displays a text with the limit pink background that reads: Transform fails!  (I did not randomize any item data. Only starting stats and limit breaks.) and the Disable Escape function doesn't work, at least in the first reactor. But that rule can be enforced manually.

Just realized Vincent is missing from the character stats randomization panel

I'll try another seed now.
- Ok, switching the seed fixed the potion issue but now I can't use Ethers inside combat, they work in battles though.
-- So the Ethers are randomized into another item I think, it plays a party wide smoke effect but does absolutely nothing, it would seem. Antidotes and Echo Drops seem to work as intended. Again, I did not randomize items.
--- The Ethers work after all, but it plays that smoke effect and doesn't display restored MP numbers, also not usable out of combat.

It seems the randomizer over-rides New Threats disabled stat growth, I'll have to randomize the growth then and see if the characters turn out overpowered when rank ups are introduced.

I think the item flags in the kernel that handle menu and battle use are getting messed with. I guess effects are getting set as well that shouldn't be if Transform was assigned.

First Reactor I set up as an exemption to a lot of the reassignment because it was common for people to load in and get into Game Overs before the first Save Point as solo Cloud (and even with Barret there) + the limited healing options can be a bad situation with randomisation. I guess that means the no escape doesn't get set either though for First Reactor, I'll need to look at that.

Vincent and Cait Sith aren't on the Initialisation options because their data is held in the .EXE; Young Cloud and Seph's starting stats, equipment, etc. are handled in the kernel instead. Their other data is set in the kernel at least.

Hi I am noticing some wierd stuff when trying to use the tool. I wanted to confirm I wasn't going crazy so I saved right before midgar zolom toward end of game to run some tests
The defaults for zolam are lv 26, hp:4000 and mp: 348
I tried using godo0.4.2 to only modify enemy hp by +25% (which should make zolam 5000HP)
for some reason when I load the new files its only 4254, and regenerating with same config keeps giving me different values, but not a a static 25% higher in HP.
Am I doing something wrong? Can someone please help me.

I think it uses it as a range rather than a static value; so it can be up to 25%. I should try and make it consistent as some are statically defined, others are a range.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2020-03-22 14:00:54 »

First Reactor I set up as an exemption to a lot of the reassignment because it was common for people to load in and get into Game Overs before the first Save Point as solo Cloud (and even with Barret there) + the limited healing options can be a bad situation with randomisation. I guess that means the no escape doesn't get set either though for First Reactor, I'll need to look at that.

Vincent and Cait Sith aren't on the Initialisation options because their data is held in the .EXE; Young Cloud and Seph's starting stats, equipment, etc. are handled in the kernel instead. Their other data is set in the kernel at least.

Understandable, I had to try out quite a few seeds to make it past guard scorpion, anything short of 200 HP gets oneshot by Tail Laser, and his single target attacks hit close to 300.

Come to think of it, with NT the bosses don't seem to be made easier at the beginning, just randomized with 25% modifier (I've watched some people play vanilla randomized and they keep oneshotting most everything in Midgar) but at least some of the random enemies seem quite a bit easier than usual, i was one shotting some of them with 30~ damage attacks.

Whoops I didn't even realize Cait Sith is missing from randomization too, haha. Well, at least I've got those randomized rank-ups for them. So is there any hope to randomize them in the future?

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #64 on: 2020-03-24 12:37:16 »
I am currently in the process of trying out your Randomiser, which I greatly enjoy. Thank you very much for having made this mod, Sega Chief.

Here is a list of a few things I noticed so far that I felt might not be intentional/that might be glitchy:

1) Limit Breaks: If you randomise Limit Breaks, characters can get the same Limit Break (say 'Dynamite') throughout their whole Limit Break repertoire. Even more so, they can get the same Limit Break multiple times throughout the same Limit Level tier. For instance, Cloud can have Dynamite as his 1-1 and as his 1-2 Limit Break. Would it not be a better idea to not assign the same Limit Break multiple times per character/per Limit Level tier?
2) If you want to randomise Starting Equipment, there is no way to only randomise Weapons and Armor without randomising Accessories at the same time. Whenever you do check "Randomise Weapons and/or Armor", every character automatically starts the game with a random piece of Accessory, even if you did not check the "Randomise Accessories" box.
3) I am not quite sure I understand the "%-Modifiers" that come with various options. For instance, for randomising spells, the default values for Accuracy %, MP Cost and Balance are each 25. Are the "%-Modifiers" applied to the vanilla values of each spell? For instance, if I set MP Cost to 25, does that mean, that each spell will cost between 0% and 25% of what they cost in the unmodded game? So, Life2, which normally costs 100 MP, can cost between 0MP and 25MP? Like this, there would be no way to make spells cost more MP/have a higher accurcacy/have a higher base power than in vanilla agme, right?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2020-03-24 13:03:06 »
Understandable, I had to try out quite a few seeds to make it past guard scorpion, anything short of 200 HP gets oneshot by Tail Laser, and his single target attacks hit close to 300.

Come to think of it, with NT the bosses don't seem to be made easier at the beginning, just randomized with 25% modifier (I've watched some people play vanilla randomized and they keep oneshotting most everything in Midgar) but at least some of the random enemies seem quite a bit easier than usual, i was one shotting some of them with 30~ damage attacks.

Whoops I didn't even realize Cait Sith is missing from randomization too, haha. Well, at least I've got those randomized rank-ups for them. So is there any hope to randomize them in the future?

It should be possible to do, the .EXE just needs to be added.

I am currently in the process of trying out your Randomiser, which I greatly enjoy. Thank you very much for having made this mod, Sega Chief.

Here is a list of a few things I noticed so far that I felt might not be intentional/that might be glitchy:

1) Limit Breaks: If you randomise Limit Breaks, characters can get the same Limit Break (say 'Dynamite') throughout their whole Limit Break repertoire. Even more so, they can get the same Limit Break multiple times throughout the same Limit Level tier. For instance, Cloud can have Dynamite as his 1-1 and as his 1-2 Limit Break. Would it not be a better idea to not assign the same Limit Break multiple times per character/per Limit Level tier?
2) If you want to randomise Starting Equipment, there is no way to only randomise Weapons and Armor without randomising Accessories at the same time. Whenever you do check "Randomise Weapons and/or Armor", every character automatically starts the game with a random piece of Accessory, even if you did not check the "Randomise Accessories" box.
3) I am not quite sure I understand the "%-Modifiers" that come with various options. For instance, for randomising spells, the default values for Accuracy %, MP Cost and Balance are each 25. Are the "%-Modifiers" applied to the vanilla values of each spell? For instance, if I set MP Cost to 25, does that mean, that each spell will cost between 0% and 25% of what they cost in the unmodded game? So, Life2, which normally costs 100 MP, can cost between 0MP and 25MP? Like this, there would be no way to make spells cost more MP/have a higher accurcacy/have a higher base power than in vanilla agme, right?

Long time no see.

1) I think currently it just assigns randomly without checking what was assigned before. What I can do is add each assigned Limit to an array so it doesn't get assigned more than once.

2) I'll adjust the logic.

3) The %-modifier takes the base value and adjusts it up or down; so an MP cost of 100 would be assigned to a range of 75-125. Some of the other modifiers aren't %-based but behave the same way; the modifier is the range for the value.

As far as balancing and assignment goes, it's very rough currently. When I get some time I'll probably need to rethink how it gets done.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #66 on: 2020-03-24 18:14:11 »

1) I think currently it just assigns randomly without checking what was assigned before. What I can do is add each assigned Limit to an array so it doesn't get assigned more than once.

2) I'll adjust the logic.

3) The %-modifier takes the base value and adjusts it up or down; so an MP cost of 100 would be assigned to a range of 75-125. Some of the other modifiers aren't %-based but behave the same way; the modifier is the range for the value.

As far as balancing and assignment goes, it's very rough currently. When I get some time I'll probably need to rethink how it gets done.

3) Oh, I see. That makes more sense.
As for 1), that would probably be a nice offer as I would like to have non-repeating Limit Breaks for each character. Obiously, my current work-around is checking via WallMarket and reassigning things myself but that spoils the randomisation for me.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2020-03-25 03:11:22 »
is this thing safe to use
« Last Edit: 2020-03-25 03:31:45 by Zara9 »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2020-03-25 08:00:24 »
how good is this program now

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2020-03-26 09:46:40 »
3) Oh, I see. That makes more sense.
As for 1), that would probably be a nice offer as I would like to have non-repeating Limit Breaks for each character. Obiously, my current work-around is checking via WallMarket and reassigning things myself but that spoils the randomisation for me.

Fair enough, I'll have it set up at some stage. I'll try to do it over the weekend.

is this thing safe to use

It's unlikely to be 100% stable for a while. Best thing is to save regularly when using it and to re-roll the files if a softlock is encountered.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2020-03-26 20:37:00 »
I played some more of my NT Arrange random file, and used a Hi-Potion for the first time. Turns out it's messed up too in a funny way. It heals for some amount, but not the flat 1000 that it should. It also applies Reno's secret weapon from the fight in Gongaga, so it permanently paralyzes a character. Works on enemies too, they don't do anything except scripted counter moves and such.

tmccabeav

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2020-03-28 22:52:56 »
Hey Sega Chief,

For some reason I can't get the randomized flevel.lgp to work at all as my game won't load with it. I've done other mods for FF7 in the past so I even uninstalled and reinstalled from steam in case something else was messing with it and it's still not working. On start up I get an error box that says, "An unknown exception has occured." and the game won't continue. I'm running Windows 10. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2020-03-29 17:35:56 »
Hey Sega Chief,

For some reason I can't get the randomized flevel.lgp to work at all as my game won't load with it. I've done other mods for FF7 in the past so I even uninstalled and reinstalled from steam in case something else was messing with it and it's still not working. On start up I get an error box that says, "An unknown exception has occured." and the game won't continue. I'm running Windows 10. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Make sure that the randomiser is completing the process; there should be a green gauge that appears on the bottom and then a pop-up box saying 'done' or 'complete' when it's finished; it's a lot slower than the scene/kernel randomiser. The processed file should be around 120mb in size.

tmccabeav

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2020-03-29 17:39:43 »
Make sure that the randomiser is completing the process; there should be a green gauge that appears on the bottom and then a pop-up box saying 'done' or 'complete' when it's finished; it's a lot slower than the scene/kernel randomiser. The processed file should be around 120mb in size.

I'm actually getting a pop up saying, "Completed!" or whatever the verbiage is, with it not actually filling the green bar to completion. I've let it sit for about 5 minutes to see if it finished filling up the bar and it stays stuck. I'll try and let it sit for even longer later today though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2020-03-29 23:17:30 »
If it says Completed then that should be it done, the green gauge is just a visual thing. Another possible cause might be it's not a default english Flevel.lgp being used as the base file.