Author Topic: Reverse Engineers! Let me organize and wiki-ize your assorted documentation!  (Read 7218 times)

likwidoxigen

• View Profile
So I see a fair few old posts about how there were about 4 people solidly dedicated to reversing the FF7 engine, this was in 2007. The wiki hasn't been updated since 2006 and the gears PDF hasnt' been updated since before that...

I'd love to take any documentation that was produced (in that year or just that hadn't been added) while doing all the reverse work.

It seems a big shame to have work that we all can't work from and who knows maybe with enough documentation we can pull in some more help.

I WILL BE TAKING NO CREDIT FOR THE WORK!! Whoever sends me whatever information will be properly credited in the wiki and retain all the glory for doing the actual work. I just want to be sure that it's out in the open for decent coders but less skilled reversers (like myself) to work from.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-17 14:15:10 by likwidoxigen »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
I have tons of info on the KERNEL.BIN due to my work on Wall Market. I pmed and emailed halkun for a wiki account to update the info but he hasn't replied. That was about two or three weeks ago.

So if you have an account I'll add my info to your collaboration. I'd like my own wiki account though. :(

likwidoxigen

• View Profile
I have tons of info on the KERNEL.BIN due to my work on Wall Market. I pmed and emailed halkun for a wiki account to update the info but he hasn't replied. That was about two or three weeks ago.

So if you have an account I'll add my info to your collaboration. I'd like my own wiki account though. :(

If you'd be willing to send it to me that'd be awesome. I do have access to the wiki, (G was awesome and loaned me his login) and have no fear I will make sure that you're properly credited.

I sure as heck won't be taking credit for the work, that's for darn sure. I just want to get it out into the open. I'll edit primary post for clarity on that.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
K. Let me get it all together (there's a WHOLE lot for the first 9 sections sans 2 and 3) and I'll PM you with it. It might take a while.

likwidoxigen

• View Profile
AWESOME!!! Thank you so much dude! I'll start getting it up tonight.

I will by default credit your handle for the message board if you'd prefer a different handle or your real name feel free to specify here or in a PM.

Thank you again!

Tsetra

• View Profile
After I've learned more I'll try to send over my notes on field script if that's something you'd be interested in. It's a bit more beginner-friendly than what's up now.

likwidoxigen

• View Profile
After I've learned more I'll try to send over my notes on field script if that's something you'd be interested in. It's a bit more beginner-friendly than what's up now.

I can certainly add it to the page or create a lead in page, etc.