Author Topic: Favorite FF game  (Read 25677 times)

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Favorite FF game
« Reply #25 on: 2004-03-01 15:40:39 »
Quote from: Caddberry
Rinoa!! She was such a hottie..

I'm not a graphics whore.. I loved ff6 and tactics a lot too.. I played the hell out of SoM back in the day too..

@ Aaron .. Damn you man you broke my theory of "if you loved ff8 you hated 9 and vice versa".. Although.. I still think that theory stands for the majority of people..

What about those who hated both? (8 & 9)

. . . and yeah, I'll agree, Rinoa WAS a hottie.

fa_pa

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #26 on: 2004-03-01 15:48:16 »
1. FF VIII
2. FF X
3. FF X2
4. FF VII
5. FF I, II, III, VI,

i never played tactics

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Favorite FF game
« Reply #27 on: 2004-03-02 01:42:30 »
Quote from: Sukaeto
Quote from: Caddberry
Rinoa!! She was such a hottie..

I'm not a graphics whore.. I loved ff6 and tactics a lot too.. I played the hell out of SoM back in the day too..

@ Aaron .. Damn you man you broke my theory of "if you loved ff8 you hated 9 and vice versa".. Although.. I still think that theory stands for the majority of people..

What about those who hated both? (8 & 9)

. . . and yeah, I'll agree, Rinoa WAS a hottie.

Well if you hated 8 + 9 you probably didnt like 10 either or X-2.. I would imagine that you like the older ones like 1-6 in the old rpg playing style.. Just a guess, but i really never thought about people that hated both..

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
Favorite FF game
« Reply #28 on: 2004-03-02 14:27:50 »
Qhimm, I used to have Final Fantasy VI as my favorite, but I decided after the third time through Final Fantasy VIII that I liked its story better which was the deciding factor.  There's some things in it that I don't like... like Squall.  But The story was good enough to push it beyond the perfect Final Fantasy VI.

Darkness, I like Final Fantasy IX.  It's my third favorite.  Yes, better than Final Fantasy VII even though it's a good game.

Kendrilian :wicked:

Sephiroth2000

Favorite FF game
« Reply #29 on: 2004-03-02 17:29:31 »
I liked FF3 as the oldie section. Then again I have not played an old FF above three going to FF7  :oops:

ye-roon

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #30 on: 2004-03-03 09:36:26 »
i liked 7 and 9

i personally don't understand why people dislike 9, i thought it was a worthwhile game although the limit break system sucked arse.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #31 on: 2004-03-04 14:43:24 »
You like Final Fantasy III?  Could someone tell me what that one is about?  'Cause when it starts out for NES you've got four differented color, but otherwise identical guys? wandering around in a cave...  Never got past that...

Final Fantasy IX was awesome.  Sure the Limit's sucked, but the rest of the game was cool.

J*** H*******

Favorite FF game
« Reply #32 on: 2004-03-04 15:56:37 »
Cid Highwind

Favorite FF game
« Reply #33 on: 2004-03-04 18:19:14 »
I liked FF3 on the NES a lot, it's a real fun game!

On the SNES FF5 was the best one, it combined freedom of jobs (the most fun level up system) with quite a nice story, and good music.

FF4 was quite nice, as was FF6, but that one couldn't hold my attention and got boring, also has got way too many characters.

FF series overall: I loved FF7 the most, it's the best FF, has got the best/deepest personalities, and a very touching story. I still love the graphics, it's sort of nostalgic to me, and I own the PC one and a TNT2, so it looks quite nice.
FF8 was a story I also loved, except the ending, which I found quite vague, but the game (especially gameplay) wasn't as good as FF7 or FF9 (only talking about PSX ff's). The draw system also totally sucked, as do the characters: Squall and Zell are big time losers (no offence to FF8 lovers). Because: HOW could Squall let Rinoa alone for such a long time, she's the most beautifull FF girl ever.... and has got a very nice personality, she's an angel!!! I even got angry at Squall at certain points.
And I loved the way Seifer treated Zell: Chicken Wuss :D

FF9 was a very good story, with nice graphics, and I haven't heared the music throughout the game since my PC is too slow to emulate that in a decent way. But the story was really nice, a bit classical, because of the ending.

I haven't played FF10 or above, and FF tactics.

stealth

Favorite FF game
« Reply #34 on: 2004-03-05 06:37:34 »
mine is FF7.then After that is FFTA(Final Fantasy Tactics Advance).Both are great 8)

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #35 on: 2004-03-05 13:23:36 »
If you say so Cid.

Final Fantasy V does indeed have good music, I just didn't like the "what do you do next" problem in it...  Final Fantasy VI used to be my favorite but I just like Final Fantasy VIII too much...  But don't worry, I can't stand Squall.  I like Zell though.  I think he's hilarious.

Your missing out though on Final Fantasy IX.  The music is pretty nice.

Caddberry

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #36 on: 2004-03-06 01:27:24 »
Quote from: stealth
mine is FF7.then After that is FFTA(Final Fantasy Tactics Advance).Both are great 8)

FFTA > FFT? are you serious? Did you play FFTA first? or have you never played the original Tactics?

Oh hey welcome to the board btw..

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #37 on: 2004-03-08 15:51:04 »
Is there a difference?  I've never played either one... so pardon my ignorance.

Nori

• View Profile
Is there a difference? Yes!!!
« Reply #38 on: 2004-03-08 16:25:11 »
Hey D

Oh, definitely FFT > FFTA
Characters *Ahem FF7*
Game play/strategy...
Storyline...

Caddberry

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #39 on: 2004-03-09 04:20:56 »
Quote from: Kendrilian
Is there a difference?  I've never played either one... so pardon my ignorance.

Yeah huge.. In FFTA you have certain rules for battle.. like you cant fire arrows so now archer.. and you cant do certain things.. if you do then you lose that player to jail.. There are referees you cant kill, and the whole thing just seemed really stupid to me.. There are more differences, but i think if they would have just redone the original it would have been better..

They could have even gone as far as slapping a new story with new chars to the original, but they totally ruined it for me with the advent of the prison thing, while seemingly decimating any story.. i didnt see one, but i didnt play that much of it either.. only a few battles before saying.. seesh this is lame, and giving up..

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #40 on: 2004-03-09 14:22:42 »
*is glad he has Final Fantasy Tactics for ePSXe*

So, the origional is good?  I know Wobbit didn't like it much...

Nori

• View Profile
Hey D... Aaron Has Left The Building (Choir) LOL
« Reply #41 on: 2004-03-09 14:35:33 »
This is it:  N ---> A.K ---> R (W) ---> D (K)
FFT *Use OpenGL*

ye-roon

• View Profile
Re: Hey D... Aaron Has Left The Building (Choir) LOL
« Reply #42 on: 2004-03-09 16:43:34 »
Quote from: Nori
This is it:  N ---> A.K ---> R (W) ---> D (K)
FFT *Use OpenGL*

uhm?? that doesn't make alot of sense to  me N -->a.k etc ????????

Nori

• View Profile
Oh No!
« Reply #43 on: 2004-03-09 18:28:49 »
Oops, this isn't too hard :wink:
Final logic:  N ---> A.K ~ R (W) ---> D (K)

FFVII - Cloud petting Nanaki (aka Red XIII) *2ND Ending*
FFVIII - Orphans Reunion... *Bad*

FF3, FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FFX-2, FFT are great;
FF1, FF2, FF5, FF9, FFX, FF11 & FFTA are good;
FFCC :z

Agent_K64

Favorite FF game
« Reply #44 on: 2004-03-09 23:05:07 »
Well...
I've only completed FF6, which I like a lot. I am currently playing FFVII, which seems to suck compared to what people made me expect of it. I think that compared to FF6, FF7 is much less artistic - it's hard to define exactly, but that's how I feel. I also recently installed FFVIII, and it is actually much better then what people made me expect of it!  :o

*sigh* Some people have strange tastes... (you don't want to hear this rant).

ye-roon

• View Profile
Re: Oh No
« Reply #45 on: 2004-03-10 13:17:46 »

i still don't get it :p

Kendrilian

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2004-03-11 14:24:27 »

Nori is to Aaron as Wobbit is to Kendrilian?  Is that what you mean Nori?

Heh, Agent K, Final Fantasy VI is awesome.  Final Fantasy VII is overrated by this message board.  It's a good game, but not as good as everyone makes it out to be.  And Final Fantasy VIII is overlychewed out on this message board.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2004-03-12 19:40:41 »

Nori is to Aaron as Wobbit is to Kendrilian?  Is that what you mean Nori?

Heh, Agent K, Final Fantasy VI is awesome.  Final Fantasy VII is overrated by this message board.  It's a good game, but not as good as everyone makes it out to be.  And Final Fantasy VIII is overlychewed out on this message board.

Damn Skippy!! 8 is torn apart on this board.. I will admit that 7 is bad ass, but dammit 8 made me cry.. The first time i played it through.. yeah i cried.. I think it was one of those real life affecting videogame moments, as in just breaking up with a girl, but still it was sad!!! :weep:

Shytor

Favorite FF game
« Reply #48 on: 2004-03-16 08:01:09 »
Quote from: Agent_K64
I am currently playing FFVII, which seems to suck compared to what people made me expect of it.

I got hooked through FF4.  FF6 was a step up in playability. And 7 starts real slow, took me 3 new games before I actually bothered to play to disk 2. But it gets so much better!

The only game that ever got me goin inside was Chrono Cross. That and I always think back to FF4 with fond memories  :love:

ye-roon

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #49 on: 2004-03-16 15:40:41 »
i just played FFCC at a friends, and i must say its pretty cool, if only we had 2 more poeple to play with :)